Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #1081
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

So, what we need is a true 'slipper eliminator', since, obviously, a center diff isn't a possibility.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #1082
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
So, what we need is a true 'slipper eliminator', since, obviously, a center diff isn't a possibility.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I know i need one.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #1083
I wanna be Dave

I don't know wtf you guys did then. Mine has had a 2300 kv tekin on it running 4s since day one and now a 2700 kv Holmes and it still hasn't slipped once.

I did see someone making an aluminum eliminator plate the other day. If I remember I'll post it. Could have been jec?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #1084
Rock Stacker

I thought I imagined it slipping at first, then held it down and gunned it to test it. I took it apart and found the slipper discs glazed, the shaft scored from the gear spinning on it. And i know it was tight because I tried to tighten it first.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #1085
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I don't know wtf you guys did then. Mine has had a 2300 kv tekin on it running 4s since day one and now a 2700 kv Holmes and it still hasn't slipped once.

I did see someone making an aluminum eliminator plate the other day. If I remember I'll post it. Could have been jec?
Yeppers

I haven't been able to get mine to slip either.

https://jecracing.com/collections/j-...tor-kit-2-pads
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #1086
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
Yeppers

I haven't been able to get mine to slip either.

https://jecracing.com/collections/j-...tor-kit-2-pads
Ive tried to order from them a couple times but they’re cart checkout isn’t working. Well after running it today, installing the washers in place of the plastic spacer seemed to hold for now.

I also installed my supershafty aluminum servo mount today, factory like fit, very high quality piece.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:21 PM   #1087
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeast View Post
I also installed my supershafty aluminum servo mount today, factory like fit, very high quality piece.
Not that I have any choice, but can't wait to receive mine...ordered it today, now that 'black' in back in-stock.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:21 PM   #1088
Pebble Pounder

So what’s the verdict on motor kv? I’m gonna pick up a Mamba X combo and am leaning towards the 1900kv over the 2280kv. Figure it will give me more options and can always gear up if needed (unlikely). Will be running 3S.
Gimpy00Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #1089
Quarry Creeper

I’ve got a mamba x with a Holmes 2200kv stubby. I started with a 3500kv and it was way too fast!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #1090
Pebble Pounder

I am running the slate 1900kv with a Mamba X. 12t pinion and 3S. I wouldn't want it any faster.

I've read some guys are running a 11t pinion, but i found there wasn't enough adjustment in the motor plate for good gear mesh.
Techno Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #1091
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Duck View Post
I am running the slate 1900kv with a Mamba X. 12t pinion and 3S. I wouldn't want it any faster.

I've read some guys are running a 11t pinion, but i found there wasn't enough adjustment in the motor plate for good gear mesh.
I'm running the 11T, and mesh is about as perfect as it gets. It's almost as if the motor plate was specifically designed to handle an 11T at the "low end". As for the motor, I got the Slate 2280kV, and I'm glad I didn't get anything higher. However, I am still considering the HH PP.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:54 PM   #1092
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I’ve got a mamba x with a Holmes 2200kv stubby. I started with a 3500kv and it was way too fast!
I've got the 2200kv Stubby too (Micro X though). Seems about perfect power wise, but the drag brake leaves a little to be desired. Overall very happy though.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #1093
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I'm running the 11T, and mesh is about as perfect as it gets. It's almost as if the motor plate was specifically designed to handle an 11T at the "low end". As for the motor, I got the Slate 2280kV, and I'm glad I didn't get anything higher. However, I am still considering the HH PP.

Yup, 11t is perfect. I think it just about tops out there though )I think you run out of room for a 10t). I've been running it since I built the thing and the mesh is tight and quiet.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #1094
Pebble Pounder

Any recommendations for bent steering link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
KulaHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #1095
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaHI View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Bend it back? lol

Are you wondering how to fix it? bend it? Or where to get one?
Old 11-03-2019, 11:54 PM   #1096
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup, 11t is perfect. I think it just about tops out there though )I think you run out of room for a 10t). I've been running it since I built the thing and the mesh is tight and quiet.
Yea 11 is perfect bottomed out.

I'm running a Holmes 2700 on 3 & 4s. I started with a 2300 tekin but it lacked top end even on 4s so I upped the KV. Crawls really well and has the wheel speed I wanted.

Quote:

Just tweak the stock tie rod. Be careful not to let the center do all the bending where the hole is. I swapped to an XR length tie rod in Titanium and it gives about 10mm toe out which to me is pretty perfect.

Here is the stock tie rod.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2019, 12:46 AM   #1097
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Bend it back? lol

Are you wondering how to fix it? bend it? Or where to get one?

Where to get one. I have a bench vise finger break I could use to bend the stock one but I'd rather keep it as is for a backup and just get an aftermarket pre-bent one.
KulaHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #1098
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Where to get one. I have a bench vise finger break I could use to bend the stock one but I'd rather keep it as is for a backup and just get an aftermarket pre-bent one.
I don't know of anybody offering a pre-bent one unless you went custom with somebody like dluxfab, intheworksrc or hardcore rc.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:44 AM   #1099
I wanna be Dave

Regarding bent links, and other upgrades, here's my thought. While we're all certain that aftermarket companies are already working on upgrade parts, I'd be willing to bet that Axial, themselves, not only has upgrade parts ready for release, but that they also have additional parts in the testing & development stages. At the same time, I'm going to guess that they either have a pre-determined date for announcing these parts, or they are waiting for some "magic number" to be hit (in terms of Capra sales) before they make any such announcement.

This is exactly what Losi did with the TLR 22 5.0 2WD buggy. First, they announced (and released) the 22 5.0 SR (for dirt & clay, which is what I have), & 22 5.0 AC (for asphalt & carpet). Then, after a few months, they released several upgrade parts. Finally, several months later, they released the 22 5.0 Elite, which was (essentially) a 22 5.0 SR that came with a number of those upgrade parts. Considering how Horizon Hobby has 'integrated' Axial under Losi's "wings", it would make sense for Axial to start operating in a similar manner. I'm not saying, or even assuming, that Axial will release any "elite" version of the Capra...although, I have previously hinted at the idea of it being a smart "business plan"...but, in regards to announcing/releasing upgrade parts on a timed-, or sales-based schedule, that much would make sense.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #1100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dluxfab.com XR titanium tie rod is what's on mine now. It is a bit long by about 10mm but which I preferred but he will make a shorter one if you email him.

The unofficial official axial portal buggy. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
portal axials on ax10 axial............... bob1961 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 04-03-2018 04:45 PM
Gmade R1 Rock Buggy Portal Axle any good mudd_slinger General Crawlers 3 12-20-2011 08:25 PM
RC Adventures - Axial Wraith - Unofficial Running Video RCSPARKS Scale Videos! 13 06-08-2011 07:21 AM
official duratrax vendetta buggy and st thread . snowball50 Chit Chat 7 02-10-2007 12:47 AM