Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #1101
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Dluxfab.com XR titanium tie rod is what's on mine now. It is a bit long by about 10mm but which I preferred but he will make a shorter one if you email him.

Cool thanks!
KulaHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 02:24 AM   #1102

Guys, driving your Capras some time now, would you buy them again, or maybe something else? What are weakest parts of kit which need to upgrade ASAP?
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:02 AM   #1103
I wanna be Dave

Just drive it. It is a great rig over all.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:18 AM   #1104
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Guys, driving your Capras some time now, would you buy them again, or maybe something else? What are weakest parts of kit which need to upgrade ASAP?
Yup - def would buy another
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #1105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaHI View Post
Any recommendations for bent steering link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Noticed you're running shocks with dual-stage springs on your Capra. How are they handling, especially compared to the stock shocks?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #1106
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Noticed you're running shocks with dual-stage springs on your Capra. How are they handling, especially compared to the stock shocks?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Can't say. I've not used stock nor have I had a chance to go out and drive the completed car. Lookup exocage on YT, he does a comparison vid between the two.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #1107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaHI View Post
Can't say. I've not used stock nor have I had a chance to go out and drive the completed car. Lookup exocage on YT, he does a comparison vid between the two.
Been watching his videos...especially his Capra videos...but, guess, something, I just have missed that one. Thanks. Gonna check it out now.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #1108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I haven't found anything that needs to be replaced. I used some of the SSD wheel weights on my Vanquish wheels. I would buy another in a heartbeat (and have one that's brushless and one brushed!), but my wife probably would not appreciate it!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:49 AM   #1109

Anyone knows if Castle 1415 motor will have enough place to mount?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:33 AM   #1110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Anyone knows if Castle 1415 motor will have enough place to mount?
No, the maximum motor length is right around 53mm before you have to start trimming the rear upper link mount for clearance. The Castle 1415 is about 16mm longer than that max length and trying to trim for that much extra space would essentially remove your upper link mount entirely.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #1111

Is it worth to upgrade straight links for bent high clearance?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #1112
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Is it worth to upgrade straight links for bent high clearance?

IMO Yes 'but' ....... the rear benefits more then the front. Bent fronts I found tend to make the belly more of a rock catcher since it puts the link above it. They dont act like rails anymore helping the front slide over things.

Also the front can tend to bind against the upper links if they are bent too much.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #1113
RCC Addict

I certainly wouldn't pay money to do so, but I did put a ~10° bend in the rear lowers with a brakeline tubing bender. Helped a little on square edged breakovers. The straight front lowers slide well so I'd rather not bend them.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #1114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
IMO Yes 'but' ....... the rear benefits more then the front. Bent fronts I found tend to make the belly more of a rock catcher since it puts the link above it. They dont act like rails anymore helping the front slide over things.

Also the front can tend to bind against the upper links if they are bent too much.
So, if I rear correctly into what you're saying (and, please, correct me if I'm not understanding correctly), you'd recommend bent uppers all-around, & bent lowers for the rear...plus, maybe, a bent drag link. Yes? No?

Old 11-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #1115
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
So, if I rear correctly into what you're saying (and, please, correct me if I'm not understanding correctly), you'd recommend bent uppers all-around, & bent lowers for the rear...plus, maybe, a bent drag link. Yes? No?

Not bent upper - that WILL really give the rig a weird feeling off cambers and drop offs. Plus probably pretzel themselves over time.

Front bends maybe around the 10* mark but nothing really drastic if you wanted. Bent lowers for the rear would be the bigger benefit, maybe 15-20* bend. Gives enough clearance for the rear tires to make contact with the ledge on climbs.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #1116
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

You have any bent rear links compatible with the Capra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #1117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not bent upper - that WILL really give the rig a weird feeling off cambers and drop offs. Plus probably pretzel themselves over time.

How would a bent upper link change anything other than possibly strength in an extreme situation?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #1118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Front bends maybe around the 10* mark but nothing really drastic if you wanted. Bent lowers for the rear would be the bigger benefit, maybe 15-20* bend. Gives enough clearance for the rear tires to make contact with the ledge on climbs.
Got ya. Thanks. Was just "curious", since there are quite a few link kits (obviously, none for the Capra...yet) that contain bent uppers & lowers, usually a double-bend 'S'.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #1119

Tadam! ;)
https://intheworksrc.com/capra
Old 11-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #1120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've heard of "ask, and you shall receive", but this is almost as good as fresh-baked brownies in my birthday. Thanks.

Tho...yes, there had to be a 'tho'...I'm noticing (not counting the steering links) that (based on the currently-showing photos) the brass kit has 6 bent & 2 straight, the SS & aluminum) SS kits have 7 bent & 1 straight, and the Drlrin kit (not that I'd want it) has 2 bent & 6 straight. What's up with that?

Yes, I do see, at the bottom, the "Images" disclaimer. I also see, at the top, where it indicates, "INTHEWORKS RC Links are available Straight (no bend) and High Clearance which have the bend...". Unfortunately, I see no info indicating, for the "high clearance" kits, which links are bent. All? Lowers only? Lower front only? Guess I'll be emailing them to find out...unless someone in here already has that info, and can share it.

UPDATE:
Message sent to InTheWorks, to get the info.

Last edited by Panther6834; 11-06-2019 at 01:45 PM.

The unofficial official axial portal buggy. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
portal axials on ax10 axial............... bob1961 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 04-03-2018 04:45 PM
Gmade R1 Rock Buggy Portal Axle any good mudd_slinger General Crawlers 3 12-20-2011 08:25 PM
RC Adventures - Axial Wraith - Unofficial Running Video RCSPARKS Scale Videos! 13 06-08-2011 07:21 AM
official duratrax vendetta buggy and st thread . snowball50 Chit Chat 7 02-10-2007 12:47 AM