Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #941
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: The unofficial official axial portal buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFreak View Post
So I just bought and recieved the AXI231006 Capra chassis/cage parts.
Has anyone else bought that yet and is missing the marked parts as well?
I did get 3 instead of 1 of those door handle things though...

Has anyone seen any pics of a finished UTB chassis? Curious what the finished product looks like compared to the standard Capra chassis.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Has anyone seen any pics of a finished UTB chassis? Curious what the finished product looks like compared to the standard Capra chassis.
What do you mean by "UTB chassis"?
This?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-c...31006/p1049118
If so, that's the Capra cage/chassis, it looks just like the cage/chassis from the Capra kit.
JoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #943
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFreak View Post
What do you mean by "UTB chassis"?
This?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-c...31006/p1049118
If so, that's the Capra cage/chassis, it looks just like the cage/chassis from the Capra kit.
Yep, that's it. Let's just chalk this up to an early Monday morning brain fart. When I saw "UTB" I thought Axial may have dropped another cage design on us already, but they didn't. It's just that it was the first time I saw "Unlimited Trail Buggy" abbreviated and thought it was something else. D'oh!
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #944
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Yep, that's it. Let's just chalk this up to an early Monday morning brain fart. When I saw "UTB" I thought Axial may have dropped another cage design on us already, but they didn't. It's just that it was the first time I saw "Unlimited Trail Buggy" abbreviated and thought it was something else. D'oh!
Word of advice:

NEED MORE COFFEE

lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #945
I wanna be Dave

In one of the Capra build threads, instead of the plastic driveshafts included in the kit, someone mentioned having used the Incision SCX10/SCX10 II RTR Driveshafts. Has anyone else done this, or any other non-kit, driveshaft swap? If so, how's it working out?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 10-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #946
Pebble Pounder

Could someone tell me what the final drive ratio would be with traxxas axles, with vanquish portal axles and stock? Thanks in advance
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:44 PM   #947
Quarry Creeper

I can tell you the stock tranny with the 14t pinion has a 4,37:1 ratio, and stock axles are 7,42:1
Total ratio with 14t pinion is 32,46:1
Shorter ratio available with 11t pinion is 41,32:1

Can't help with other axles...
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #948
I wanna be Dave

Three quick questions:

1) Any word on aluminum servo mounts (for steering and/or DIG)?
2) Any word on a slipper eliminator?
3) Any word on aluminum servo horns?

Granted, that third one I've already taken care of, myself, but I'm sure others are probably wanting aluminum servo horns.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #949
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Three quick questions:

1) Any word on aluminum servo mounts (for steering and/or DIG)?
2) Any word on a slipper eliminator?
3) Any word on aluminum servo horns?

Granted, that third one I've already taken care of, myself, but I'm sure others are probably wanting aluminum servo horns.

I can answer 1. In aluminum or brass no less

https://jecracing.com/products/axial...30573255229484
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #950
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post

Supershafty.com has aluminum steering servo mount, and slipper eliminator. Still waiting on someone to come out with aluminum servo mount for DIG. As for aluminum horn, almost any for steering should work. I'm using a multi-hole horn for DIG, but I've got a different one (made by Hitec) on the way that I'm hoping will work better.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post

That just looks so poorly engineered. It's way too chunky and has to raise the servo which you don't want to do. Super Shafty's looks so much better.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #952
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That just looks so poorly engineered. It's way too chunky and has to raise the servo which you don't want to do. Super Shafty's looks so much better.
Which is what I plan on ordering. I'm still debating on the slipper eliminator, tho. Since the Capra is my first crawler, I'm completely unaware of the advantages/disadvantages of running a slipper vs running the eliminator (for race vehicles, I understand).

Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #953
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I believe it was purposely designed thick so the user can have the option to use a longer servo horn if they mod the steering for more throw. On my kit at least, the stock servo mount has the links very close to one another and I can't fit a longer servo horn unless I space up the servo a bit or modify the links.
awdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #954
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdtsi View Post
I believe it was purposely designed thick so the user can have the option to use a longer servo horn if they mod the steering for more throw. On my kit at least, the stock servo mount has the links very close to one another and I can't fit a longer servo horn unless I space up the servo a bit or modify the links.
What I find "interesting" is that they have NO photos of it inside a completed vehicle. Almost as if there could be a clearance issue above the servo, and they don't want people seeing this. Now, I'm not saying this is what's actually going on...but, the fact that the photos shown only include the axle, skid, and parts in-between. So, we must ask, "Why are there no photos of their servo mount inside a complete vehicle???"

Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #955
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
What I find "interesting" is that they have NO photos of it inside a completed vehicle. Almost as if there could be a clearance issue above the servo, and they don't want people seeing this. Now, I'm not saying this is what's actually going on...but, the fact that the photos shown only include the axle, skid, and parts in-between. So, we must ask, "Why are there no photos of their servo mount inside a complete vehicle???"

Not speaking for them but there's ways around jacking the servo up to accomplish what they say.

You dont need 90* of servo rotation to get max steering, a longer servo arm isnt the answer.

Supershafty's is much more ideal IMO, low and simple.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #956
Rock Stacker

It's actually my capra with the JEC mount on it in th picture. I requested it to be thicker mainly for weight. I have driven a friend's completed Capra and thought it could use some weight on the front axle. Quick easy way to do it. It's not for everyone. Some like to build lightweight, I prefer to tune with weight. It works for me. P.S. There are no clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
mett1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #957
RCC Addict

Yeah not particularly a grand conspiracy here, just a chonky servo mount. Aesthetically the SuperShafty one definitely looks better.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #958
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Yeah not particularly a grand conspiracy here, just a chonky servo mount. Aesthetically the SuperShafty one definitely looks better.
Agreed

Old 10-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #959
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mett1971 View Post
It's actually my capra with the JEC mount on it in th picture. I requested it to be thicker mainly for weight. I have driven a friend's completed Capra and thought it could use some weight on the front axle. Quick easy way to do it. It's not for everyone. Some like to build lightweight, I prefer to tune with weight. It works for me. P.S. There are no clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

If it works for you
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #960
Im Brandon

Quote:
In one of the Capra build threads, instead of the plastic driveshafts included in the kit, someone mentioned having used the Incision SCX10/SCX10 II RTR Driveshafts. Has anyone else done this, or any other non-kit, driveshaft swap? If so, how's it working out?

Incision driveshafts fit perfectly.
Attached Images

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote

The unofficial official axial portal buggy. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
portal axials on ax10 axial............... bob1961 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 04-03-2018 04:45 PM
Gmade R1 Rock Buggy Portal Axle any good mudd_slinger General Crawlers 3 12-20-2011 08:25 PM
RC Adventures - Axial Wraith - Unofficial Running Video RCSPARKS Scale Videos! 13 06-08-2011 07:21 AM
official duratrax vendetta buggy and st thread . snowball50 Chit Chat 7 02-10-2007 12:47 AM