Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Axial Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Capra

Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #262
I wanna be Dave

I found these in my junk box and used them as limiters for the shocks. They’re 90mm eye to eye now. I filled them with Losi 40wt.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #263
RCC Addict

Capra’s axles are too wide to my taste. Wish some aftermarket narrow axles coming out soon. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #264
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Capra’s axles are too wide to my taste. Wish some aftermarket narrow axles coming out soon. Hehehehe

Vanquish already makes them.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 PM   #265
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Vanquish already makes them.

Did you mean the VP F9 Portal axles? Wish I could find some comparison pictures side by side of these two axles. Or White-Trash you could build one demo set for us here.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #266
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Did you mean the VP F9 Portal axles? Wish I could find some comparison pictures side by side of these two axles. Or White-Trash you could build one demo set for us here.

Pulled this from Siggy's thread...

punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #267
RCC Addict

Wow, excellent. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Really helpful. Appreciate ����
Old 10-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #268
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Here's another just for fun, the "Compra".

Stealing it
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #269
I wanna be Dave

Finally got my electronics installed. While linking the Futaba 6-channel receiver was simple (let's just say, I've done it more than a few times), calibrating the ESC was anything but. I'm used to calibrating Hobbywing ESCs, but the Mamba X is my first-ever CC ESC. Thankfully, CC has excellent cust svc. Not only did the tech walk me through calibrating the ESC, he also walked me through programming it (at least until the Castle Link USB arrives.

I've also decided to pick up a Castle Link Quick Connect. I plan on leaving it permanently connected, with the 'Castle Link connection' end inside the fuel cell. I figure, since the Rx isn't being placed inside (mounting ESC & Rx to "electronics tray", inside the fuel call should be a great location for it.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #270
I wanna be Dave

In one of the Capra build threads, someone mentioned having used the Incision SCX10/SCX10 II RTR Driveshafts, instead of the plastic driveshafts included in the kit. Has anyone else done this driveshaft swap, and, of so, how's it working out? Has anyone tried any other non-kit driveshafts, and, (again) if so, how are they working?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 10-14-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #271
I wanna be Dave

The provided shafts should be good for this rig. MIPs would be better.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #272
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
The provided shafts should be good for this rig. MIPs would be better.
Not talking the driveshafts running through the axle housings, but the front/rear driveshafts running from the transmission, to the axle housings. If you check the part I mentioned, you'll see that.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Not talking the driveshafts running through the axle housings, but the front/rear driveshafts running from the transmission, to the axle housings. If you check the part I mentioned, you'll see that.

You might be thinking MIP only specializes in pucks/CVDs from your racing background. However, they also make "center driveshafts" for crawlers.
MrFridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:45 AM   #274
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFridayNight View Post
You might be thinking MIP only specializes in pucks/CVDs from your racing background. However, they also make "center driveshafts" for crawlers.
Thanks for the info...I didn't know that. Will have to check into it. After I complete the Capra, my (planned, but not-yet-purchased) next crawler will be the Vanquish VS4-10.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Most of those servo arms will not work on many of the micro servos out there as or TLR horns use standard 1/10th size output splines. A lot of the micro servos have proprietary sizes.

Also pure coincidence comparing the servo arms as no TLR/Losi parts have been renumbered by Axial... I should know, I created them all
The only thing we have shared are the 23T/25T servo insert for the Steering servo arm. Other than materials, nothing from Losi/TLR has been used on any Axial vehicles.

I'll add that we are changing the part number system for Axial to match Losi, Vaterra, ECX and TLR with 6 digit numbers but that's going to take some time for all parts to have this new system.

Just want to make that clear.
So which horn should I use if I want to add my micro servo (reef 99 micro)
josh_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #276

Hi everyone, building a Capra with HW Axe Crawler 540 2300kv running on 3S with 4.75" tires. The general consensus that I can find on the internet is an 11t pinion. Long time RC'er, noob to crawlers. Building a SCX III for the GF too and intended use is to take on hikes with us and play along the way. Will the Capra with 11t pinion on 3S keep up with walking speed with the build specs posted above ??

Thanks.

Bill S.

Last edited by VelocityRC; 02-06-2021 at 09:52 AM.
VelocityRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:52 AM   #277
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Hi everyone, building a Capra with HW Axe Crawler 540 2300kv running on 3S with 4.75" tires. The general consensus that I can find on the internet is an 11t pinion. Long time RC'er, noob to crawlers. Building a SCX III for the GF too and intended use is to take on hikes with us and play along the way. Will the Capra with 11t pinion on 3S keep up with walking speed with the build specs posted above ??

Thanks.

Bill S.

My Capra is running a micro x, 1900kv slate motor, 11t pinion and 3s and mine does walking speed jus fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piranhaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranhaboy View Post
My Capra is running a micro x, 1900kv slate motor, 11t pinion and 3s and mine does walking speed jus fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thankx for the confirmation.

Bill S.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #279

Default TReal Axial Capra Axle Housings

Has anyone tried the Treal axle housings and or have any input on them ? https://trealhobby.com/products/trea...e-piece-design

Thanks.

Bill S.

Last edited by VelocityRC; 05-20-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:08 PM   #280
I wanna be Dave

REJOICE fellow Capra (and Ryft & SCX10-III) owners. We FINALLY have a realistic, and better, option than the garbage SX107 servo. PowerHobby has released their new 59MG Micro Digital Servo, designed SPECIFICALLY to replace the SX107 servo in the the Capra's & SCX10-III's dig, as well as the Ryft's 2-speed transmission.

Mine arrived yesterday, so I decided to build the transmission for my new Ryft Kit, and see how well it fit...and, it fits like a glove.

The motor is coreless, and the gears are a combination of steel & Ti. Dimensions are 23mmx12mmx27.5mm. It operates on 4.8V-8.4V, with the following specs for 6.0V & 7.4V (the two most common):

6.0V - 0.11sec & 80oz-in/5.8kg-cm
7.4V - 0.09sec & 95oz-in/6.8kg-cm

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Tags
axial, capra, crawler, goat, rig

Axial Capra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM