Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 03:27 AM   #281
RCC Addict

Default Re: Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy

Some at FB ask, "Can the FUTABA 7PX-R be used to Control Winch and Dig?!

YES by Setting-up a 3-position Dial Trim, to control a Dig and or Winch Servo
in 4 simple steps.

Go Linkage Menu > Trim/Dial Select
1. Set DT4 Channel 4 Control steps to 100 (step to 200 for a 2-position switch)
2. Assign DT4 to channel 4

Name:  IMG_6829.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  110.1 KB

3. Connect Winch servo/Dig lead to channel 4 of RX

I selected Channel 4 and DT4. We can select the unused channel 3 + any other Dial Trim, as well.

Go Linkage Menu > Sub Trim

4. Center the Neutral Position of the Servo Winch by (channel 4) by adjusting Sub Trim to the Left/Right id needed. When RX is Powered (via RX Lipo or ESC internal BEC), at Neutral Position the winch servo should not move forward or back. Test if winch cable works at position 1 and 3, as well.

Sincerest Apologies if my explanation makes it looks difficult/complicated to do. In-reality it is easy, and can be done in less a minute or two. Thanks to Team Futaba.

Anyways, Your All-Set to hook-up Servo Winch! or Dig (Same Procedure).

Hope that works for you, as well. Thanks and Please ENJOY!
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #282
Rock Crawler

Ohhhhh hotdog Edward! I have been contemplating on selling my 7px for this.... Not sure I have a reason to justify it but congrats on yours!!!
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:27 AM   #283
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
Ohhhhh hotdog Edward! I have been contemplating on selling my 7px for this.... Not sure I have a reason to justify it but congrats on yours!!!
The Japanese Video by FUTABA 7PX-R Designer is Subtitled.

https://youtu.be/pCwkSy7ft7s

I assumed that we all Read English. Sorry my BAD -- Someone at the Large Scale Forum, comments that he does not Speak the Japanese Language. My Sincerest Apologies!

Anyways, the Designer expounds in detail, on the Best Improvement in Features/Considerations of the NEW 7PX-R. Not yet spelled-out by Futaba USA. I was thinking it can help those seriously considering, if the NEW 7PX-R is worthy the Money, Especially, if he/she is upgrading form a 7PX or 7PX Limited Edition.

Thanks for your Patience and Interest. Please Consider Watching if you are evaluating/seriously considering purchasing the NEW Futaba 7PX-R. Cheers!

Last edited by Siggy; 01-13-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #284
RCC Addict

Oh yeah, the Japanese Video by FUTABA 7PX-R Designer is Subtitled.

, I assumed that you can read English. Sorry my BAD if you don't. (Someone art Large Scale Forum, comments that he does not Speak the Language. SORRY!

Anyways, the Designer expounds in detail, on the Best Improvement in Features/Considerations of the NEW 7PX-R. Not yet spelled-out by Futaba USA. I was thinking it can help anyones seriously considering if the NEW 7PX-R is worthy the Money, especially if he/she is upgrading form a 7PX or 7PX Limited Edition.

Thanks for your Patience and Interest. Please Consider Watching if you are considering grabbing a Futaba 7PX-R. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #285
RCC Addict

Team Vitavon Racing Brass Portal Cover and NEW Brass Portal Axle Weights.

Name:  IMG_6795.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  138.4 KB

The Team Vitavon Racing Brass Portal Cover add weights on the front and rear wheels, to help keep tires grounded and improve scaling-up and scaling-down capability of our Competition Rock Crawler.

The New Team Vitavon Racing 2020 Brass Portal Axle Weights can be installed at the front and rear Capra Portal Axles. Professionally Designed and Precision Machined with Quality Brass an Easy, Effective, and Cost Efficient Fine-tunimng TOOL to the Balance and anchor of the Front and Rear End, as the Rock Crawler goes up and down Challenging Incline and Descent Rocky Trail.

Brass Portal Cover and the Axle Weights Combo, offers 2020 Team Vitavon Racing Powered Capra's, fine-tuning options to improve on Performance and Extreme Capability to Win.

Thank you for your kind Interest, Patience, and Consideration. Please Enjoy the Hobby!

Last edited by Siggy; 01-14-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:54 AM   #286
RCC Addict

HERE's the full Transcription in English of the 7PX-R Video by the Futaba Designer Presented and subtitled in Japanese. A few at LS Forum complained that 11 minutes of Subtitle is way too Much. I do honestly Understand having lived in Japan for a decade working on a Ph. D. everyday everything in Japanese. Anyways, Please Press "CC" on lower Right for English Subtitles at Youtube Link.

But let's not loose this opportunity to understand Best Features of the NEW 7PX-R to help decide if we really want/need the New Futaba 7PX-R.

I found it interesting as well, to have a peek into the mind of a Japanese Designer and the WAY of Thinking and Doing towards a Solution

MY HUGE Apologies for 11 minute Tramnscript is a bit UBER Long. . . CHEERS!

-----

We will Introduce Futaba 7PX Radio

At First Glance it may look Almost the same as the 7PX. If you look at the detail you can see that it has changed a lot. First and Foremost Feature is Lighter Weight. Significant Weight Reduction compared to 7PX. The point of weight Reduction are Various. 7PX R Uses Titanium Screws for the invisible parts of the grip part Red Screws for decoration for Aluminium Screws, It is lightweight stuck to the Material. The hardest aluminium of 7075 which is familiar in the RC is adopted

The main feature is that the design has been changed considerably in this head part. You can see from the side the thickness of the upper part of the display is designed to be thinner than the conventional 7PX
This has reduced the weight of the top part achieved weight reduction of 12 Grams only at the top. When the top is lighter, the radio can feel lighter than that gram. I think it feels pretty light when you bring it

Next is the coloraturas touch display of the main operating part. The home button under the display is frequently used while operating 7PXR has larger buttons and improved operability. The design around this switch has also been changed. The power button on the right and the display button is on the left. There is an LCD in the Middle. The conventional 7PX pilot lamp was lit blue. 7PXR shines Red to have that image glows Red by default, but you can choose from 7 colors. Please choose accordingly to your body such as Green or Yellow to your liking. The non Telemetry LED on the Back is glowed blue in 7PX and changed to Red in 7PXR. This LCD is red Only.

Trim operation around the stick it is slightly higher than 7PX. This makes it easier to trim while driving
There is a housing that wraps around the steering. This housing is designed carbon pattern. The back is also the lid of carbon pattern housing. Previously 7PX Limited Edition adopted carbon pattern body. This time not only design but also carbon material is mixed to the resin to increase rigidity. The 7PX limited model, we used aluminium material for the housing. This time 7PXR is hardened by using resin containing carbon and lighter than aluminium. Because the housing is rigid and hard it Improved steering capability, provides more stable cornering especially when using A.P.A. (this is the steering wheel angle adapter). Rigidity is more important in the way of Leverage. Even in this state, it can maintain rigidity firmly. The carbon pattern on the back is of course made of hard resin. Although the carbon handle of the optional part was slightly wobble when installed with the 7PX. The Use of resin with carbon makes it easier to hold.

Next is around the trigger. The shoe of the brake part of the trigger has been overhauled
From small Japanese Hands to Large Foreigners. Redesigned brake lever shape fit various hand size
Designed so that operability is not affected by almost anyone. Different types of Trigger are also included in the set. This is a 3D shape design (referring to the Trigger). With conventional triggers, your finger may hurt while you operate for a long time. With the new shape of the 3D trigger, Even if you use the brakes for a long time, the finger will not hurt and you will not get tired, This is for right-handed. but left handed is also included in the set

Next is about accessories. This is the normal handle. The set comes with an angle adapter that can be tilted 5 degree (referring to stressing wheel angle design). The 10 degree angle adaptor was previously sold as an option. We received feedback that the Angle was too tight at that degrees. A.P.A. was formerly an adapter that lowered 25mm, but also refer to feedback 17mm offset APA adapter included
The above is an introduction of functional changes such as the appearance part and the trigger wheel circumference

For Japanese Domestic models, a 1100 mA Battery is enclosed. When you turn on the power the screen appears like this. There is no major change in software, but dded playfulness (5 speedometer-like dials upper half) Includes a function that displays throttle opening in meters according to the throttle operation
This is because drift users wanted to visualise their accelerator work. We incorporated that function

LED setting in the system menu. You can choose from 7 colors like this. If you select green. it will turn green, and you can choose you favourite LED color. Another Slightly interesting feature is There is a screen theme item in the display settings. The default is a black background color, You can change it to a red background color, It was an in production of new functions of 7PXR

Thank you for Watching.

Last edited by Siggy; 01-15-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
To all that ask wha LED are on my CAPRA?

Siggy's Capra Chrome 4-LED Light bar

TRAXXAS #6784. $15. 7.2V ENJOY!

Use Yellow Marker on Bulb and refletor!

Big Thanks!
elementti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #288

Really nice vehicle, and congratulations to the vitavon team!!!
ivan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:05 PM   #289
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan84 View Post
Really nice vehicle, and congratulations to the vitavon team!!!
Thanks for your Kind Remarks and Support Ivan
Old 03-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #290
RCC Addict

Name:  Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 9.00.44 AM.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  94.2 KB
Old 03-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #291
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_7204.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6634.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  151.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6706.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  183.3 KB

With a Team Vitavon Racing Transmission HD Housing, we can go as low as 9T to 14T - 32 Pitch Motor Pinion. I tested with a 9T Pinion + Xerun 17.5T XERUN XR10 Pro 160A + XERUN V10 G3R @2S-3S Lipo (based on preference/style/feel). Alternatively, You can Go 21.5T or 25.5T @3S. ENJOY!
Old 03-25-2020, 02:57 AM   #292
RCC Addict

we are Cooking-up something GREAT for Axial Racing. Please Let's ENJOY
Old 04-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #293
Quarry Creeper

What a beast Capra, well done on your designs and improvements for this, your products will be finding their way onto my build.
rs10man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #294
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs10man View Post
What a beast Capra, well done on your designs and improvements for this, your products will be finding their way onto my build.
Thank you for your Interest and Support. We are not done yet. We are cooking-up something really special for our Favourite All Terrain Buggy. ENJOY!
Old 04-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #295
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_6762.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  126.9 KB
Old 04-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #296
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_6706.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  183.3 KB
Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #297
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_6669.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  135.3 KB
Old 04-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #298
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_6631.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6630.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6629.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6627.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  118.1 KB
Old 04-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #299
RCC Addict

A Good Buddy asks:

Question: I looking to fit VP 2.2’s over stock Capra axles running Vitavon brass knuckles/portals but I’m struggling to know what hub off set is best!

Name:  IMG_7549.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  155.5 KB
2.2 Methods

Answer: The 2.2 VP Methods mounts bind free with Vitavon Portal Axle Housing Cover. You can choose your preferred offset. And I suspect MOST 2.2 Beadlocks will mount without bind issues unless it has a very thick inner beadlock.

However same is NOT true for 1.9 Beadlocks. Some 1.9 Beadlock with a "thick" inner ring, binds. SSD 1.9 Champion and the likes works Great!

Name:  IMG_6627.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  118.1 KB
1.9 SSD Champion

Thanks for your Interest. ENJOY. Please Keep Healthy and Safe!

Last edited by Siggy; 04-29-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:41 AM   #300
RCC Addict

Name:  94562332_10157981222360490_7277238667599413248_o.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  199.6 KB

Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
💥IN STOCK NOW💥 NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-27-2019 09:29 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW the NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-12-2019 10:43 AM
Class-3 W.E. Rock Unlimited Buggy build kona_joe 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 12-06-2015 09:05 PM
Siggy's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Siggy RC4WD Trail Finder 2 21 02-21-2012 10:51 AM