Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: El Chivo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: El Chivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Found his drivers
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Lights? Might as well add a cooler full of wine coolers too while you're at it.

Bish the light bar is stock, don't judge me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
It's a slow burn. First it's just a lookalike switch that toggles the lights, then suddenly you've got WWE wrestlers hacked in drinking scale Bud Lights from the scale cooler in the back.
I have a little solid aluminum colors light a friend gave me in my class 3. I drilled and tapped the bottom and screwed it through the deadbolt body.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I swapped the .350 hubs for some .225 and everything juuuust clears. And just because I can... Blow me Casey.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2019, 10:42 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I swapped the .350 hubs for some .225 and everything juuuust clears. And just because I can... Blow me Casey.
If you could find it, I'd pretend I was a puffer fish for a few seconds.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
If you could find it, I'd pretend I was a puffer fish for a few seconds.
If you 9nly knew the pain I went through to get those headlights working you'd at least offer a sympathy handy.

Tested them and everything was fine on straight 2s. Soldered the harness and got it wired nicely and they popped when I flipped the switch. Damnit.

Tested the voltage being fed to the receiver at 7.4 volts so no problem. Wired up a new pair that were fine on 2s too. Popped them. Motherfukkle.

Grabbed a pair i knew were good for straight 3s due to a resistor inline and tested them on 3s then soldered them up. Success!
Old 10-17-2019, 12:38 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
You know who else uses toggle switches?

Scale guys

JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:41 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If you 9nly knew the pain I went through to get those headlights working you'd at least offer a sympathy handy.

Tested them and everything was fine on straight 2s. Soldered the harness and got it wired nicely and they popped when I flipped the switch. Damnit.

Tested the voltage being fed to the receiver at 7.4 volts so no problem. Wired up a new pair that were fine on 2s too. Popped them. Motherfukkle.

Grabbed a pair i knew were good for straight 3s due to a resistor inline and tested them on 3s then soldered them up. Success!
Just curious if you've using the "recommended" Spektrum SX107 servo for the DIG? That could be playing into the "problem", especially since it's only rated for up to 6V. If you're running the SX107, I have a suggestion (which I'll be doing myself).

I'm setting the ESC's internal BEC to 6V...plus I'll be using an external BEC (CC BEC 2.0, set to 7.4V), which is wired to the steering servo, through a Holmes Hobbies Receiver Bypass harness. Wired this way, the ESC's internal BEC doesn't have to be disabled, plus you don't have to remove any Rx connector pins, or cut any wires - the external BEC provides 7.4V to the steering servo, while the ESC's BEC provides 6V to everything else...well, not quite, as I'll also be using 2 PST Power Boosters (plugged into the Rx) to amplify the voltage for the LEDs to 12V.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:43 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

No dig servo yet, I have it locked with a zip tie. I will be dropping the receiver voltage down when the spectrum servo arrives and running the steering off of an bec.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Went out for a few hours this am and tried the 2.2's for a while today. Nope, not what this rig needs unless I add a bunch of knuckle weight to offset the increased height.

I'd taken the krawlers with me so I swapped them on and ran for a few hours. Last time I was out there I had the km3s and boy what a difference there is between the krawlers and km3s! The krawlers gripped everything while the km3s with their tighter lug spacing only gripped rock well.

I swapped on some .225bhubs in place of the .350s. Such a killer setup. . The tires are feathering just like a 1:1 krawler and grip isn't going down in the slightest.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Went out for a few hours this am and tried the 2.2's for a while today. Nope, not what this rig needs unless I add a bunch of knuckle weight to offset the increased height.

I'd taken the krawlers with me so I swapped them on and ran for a few hours. Last time I was out there I had the km3s and boy what a difference there is between the krawlers and km3s! The krawlers gripped everything while the km3s with their tighter lug spacing only gripped rock well.

I swapped on some .225bhubs in place of the .350s. Such a killer setup. . The tires are feathering just like a 1:1 krawler and grip isn't going down in the slightest.

Those wheels are the CI 2.2 glue ons?
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
Those wheels are the CI 2.2 glue ons?
Yes sir. Only non dlux wheel I buy.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:

Nice! Thanks for the Tips!
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Have you considered trying those JConcepts Ruptures? Minus the scale part I'd just be curious whether a 5" tire is the sweet spot between the usual 2.2s and the tall 1.9s.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Have you considered trying those JConcepts Ruptures? Minus the scale part I'd just be curious whether a 5" tire is the sweet spot between the usual 2.2s and the tall 1.9s.
I have a set of beat to fawk 2.2 sx's I can try. They're beat down to about 5" now. The only 1.9 ruptures I had got turned into 5.75s.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:21 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Well el chivo has dig. Took me about 3 minutes to set the end points on my mt4 but somehow I made it through.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Dug through my stash and found some lunsford Ti turnbuckles for the uppers and bent Ti lowers that I think are VP or something or other. Shedding weight in all the right places, the brass bits for the knuckles will be here tomorrow.

4.91 lbs with battery and all installed. Hell yea.
With the brass alone I'll be adding a shade over 1/4 lb with the ability to up that by another 1/2 pound with tungsten slugs.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Dug deeper into my link stash and found some revo or summit pushrods. The 112mm version are perfect with the capra rod ends so they end up exactly 120mm when bottomed out.

El chivo is down to 4.85 lbs now. The capra links are 24 grams each vs the traxxas pushrods being 12 grams each (rod ends included on each) so that's a decent savings in itself.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Had to dig real deep... found a dlux tie rod and samix drag link so now all the links have been replaced. Down to 4.802 lbs rtr now.

Stock steering links were 48 grams and the new are 23 grams.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

One of the pitfalls of getting out of crawling for 5+ years and then moving cross country, you tend to lose your “stash” of parts, pieces, and extra bits.

Nice work scrounging.👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Even when I went on hiatus all my rc stuff stayed in boxes. No sense buying all the knick knacks all over again.