Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Clicking While Turning and Turning the Rear Tires Forward (Solved)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Clicking While Turning and Turning the Rear Tires Forward (Solved)

So I've had some annoying clicking when driving and turning, also if I rotate the rear tires forward by hand. I searched and found where someone posted the same thing and it was mentioned that under power the center shafts should pull out on the pinion gears. I don't see how this is even possible with there being a sliding shaft in the middle. I ended up digging through my old Traxxas parts and found some diff shims. I put one between the center shaft and outer diff bearing on both axles and the clicking is completely gone.
Airmaxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Clicking While Turning and Turning the Rear Tires Forward (Solved)

I thought the same thing but since the Capra has spiral cut gears, it's possible for this (clicking noise) to happen. The shim solved my problem too a couple months back. The good thing about this is this got me to start gathering a collection of shims to have around which has already come in handy.

Last edited by OnTheTrail; 12-10-2020 at 09:13 AM.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Clicking While Turning and Turning the Rear Tires Forward (Solved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
I thought the same thing but since the Capra has helical cut gears, it's possible for this (clicking noise) to happen. The shim solved my problem too a couple months back. The good thing about this is this got me to start gathering a collection of shims to have around which has already come in handy.
I kept all of my old Revo parts and found a bunch of Traxxas, HPI and Robinson Racing shims, I'm glad I kept them now.
Airmaxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Clicking While Turning and Turning the Rear Tires Forward (Solved) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Axle shaft clicking noise Problem solved! xv-townboy Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 4 04-12-2020 07:05 PM
Scx10 rear axle not turning smoothly upon assembly Andy22 Axial SCX-10 5 09-03-2015 12:26 PM
Front and rear axles turning at different rates? Hatersauce Axial SCX-10 5 06-03-2014 07:10 PM
clicking sound when turning rockslide rs10 xt spanky84 Redcat Crawlers 4 03-08-2011 01:32 AM
Suspension issue, rear turning when flexed out JTTG Newbie General 13 11-03-2009 02:23 PM