Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: A Black Cat, and a White Goat: A Tale of Galactic Proportions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2019, 07:01 AM   #41

Default Re: A Black Cat, and a White Goat: A Tale of Galactic Proportions

A black cat builds a white goat...and a really pretty white goat at that. Sweet Capra!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
A black cat builds a white goat...and a really pretty white goat at that. Sweet Capra!
Thanks. Unfortunately, it won't stay white forever...such is the nature of "nature".

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Today, I took another step towards trying completing the Imperial Capra, although it was somewhat of a short day. First, I installed the OD portal gears. From wheels on, to wheels back on, this took less than 19 minutes.
Next came a "fix" for the piece of plastic 'garbage' used on the slipper. This, obviously, took considerable longer.
I haven't yet had the chance to test either upgrade, but I'm confident that both will do exactly what they're supposed to do. For those interested in replacing that piece of plastic a here's the part number.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 02-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Very nice build.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic17 View Post
Very nice build.
Thank you. Yours is looking pretty darn good, as well, especially with those aluminum body panels. I'd love to user those on my 2nd Capra, but can't (due to having removed part of the rear cage). I'll be keeping an eye on yours.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

It's been over a year since the last update...but, I'm here to tell ya, she's dead. She didn't 'die' of "old age". No...I (purposely) killed her. First, I cut off her legs.
Next, I gutted her.
Leaving nothing left but the torso.
Finally, I did what most do with something that's 'dead'...I shoved the remains into a box.
The Imperial Goat is dead...Long Live the Imperial Goat !!!

Joking aside...yes, I did pull a 'Johnny 5' on my Stormtrooper-themed Capra, and disassembled it. I'm keeping the cage, body panels, and interior (including the Stormtroopers) intact, to be put on display (right next to the 2020 Mint 400 Limited Edition body from my Losi Baja Rey). Maybe, someday, if someone were to offer me the "right" amount, I might (not saying I 'will', only that I 'might') sell it.

I've listed (in the RCC classifieds) the axle set (complete with Club5 Racing high-clearance links, Vitavon portal weights, SuperShafty servo mount & anti-squat rear upper link riser, Desert Lizard shocks, etc), as well as the Vitavon Racing-encased transmission, for sale. The motor & servo (along with the Mamba Micro X from another vehicle) will be going into the Capra-based rock racer I'm building, while the ESC & Rx will (sooner or later) find their way into some other vehicle(s). As for the Vanquish 2.2 wheels, 1.9 tires, and CI 1.9 foams, I haven't decided.

All good things must come to an end...thus, this is the TRUE conclusion of the Skywalker Saga.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 05-03-2021 at 07:50 PM.

A Black Cat, and a White Goat: A Tale of Galactic Proportions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's black and white and red all over? GA Dawg Axial Capra 32 12-14-2019 12:17 PM
Black and white Rockstar cartronicshn Paint and Body 11 03-09-2008 02:10 PM
white or black chevy? cammok5 Chit Chat 6 11-06-2007 06:08 PM
Black Cat Customs xjman Chit Chat 4 12-20-2006 06:03 PM