Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Krazed Builds Capra 2.2S Pneuma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2020, 08:00 PM   #21
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Krazed Builds Capra 2.2S Pneuma

Took little video of some practice time the other day.

https://youtu.be/9qTY8ctheCs

Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Took little video of some practice time the other day.

https://youtu.be/9qTY8ctheCs

JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

I have some questions about this chassis. I’d like my rig to be a little more capable, not for actual competition use but I’d like to take it in the direction of a comp rig. Whats the wheel base on your truck? Links were built? Could I use stock links with this chassis? Does the stock trans bolt into this setup? Thanks
Mxkid261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #24
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
I have some questions about this chassis. I’d like my rig to be a little more capable, not for actual competition use but I’d like to take it in the direction of a comp rig. Whats the wheel base on your truck? Links were built? Could I use stock links with this chassis? Does the stock trans bolt into this setup? Thanks
Being a comp rig our rules limit us to 12.5'' wheelbase max. This truck is more of a builders chassis. That just means its meant more towards a rash of parts used like Capra axles, transmission of your choice, different links and 2.2 wheels.

If you have a Capra already and want to upgrade it and test the waters of 2.2S then we have the Alcista chassis conversion. This is basically side plates that bolt directly onto a Capra skid and replaces the cage work. You would need 2.2 tires/wheels and a lexan body added onto it and you would have a very competitive entry into 2.2S class.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

beautiful chassis you have designed here. I was wondering if you settled on 23% overdrive or if you added more? also did you play around with using a rear upper link riser and if so what were your findings? thank you

Last edited by revin9k; 04-10-2020 at 09:26 PM.
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #26
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin9k View Post
beautiful chassis you have designed here. I was wondering if you settled on 23% overdrive or if you added more? also did you play around with using a rear upper link riser and if so what were your findings? thank you
Thanks.

To be honest Im still trying to find a trans Im happy with. So far my own design with the front 23% OD was good. I put the SCX2 OD R/P in the front with my trans and liked it but didnt feel like I had enough OD to the front and wanted a bit more wheel speed.

I then put the TGH gears in the front portals and it just literally dragged the ass around with all that OD in the nose. Trying to climb anything the rear axle had no push to it at all, the front just sat spinning waiting the rear to push it into the terrain. I knew it would but have to try it to know it lol. So then I took the R/P out of the front and put it in the rear to balance things out. I liked it and wheel speed seemed to come up a bit.

Now with that said I decided to try a hamburg trans. No OD at the trans and a little lower on the COG aspect. As for weight mine is lighter but it stands higher. I went with the SAF gears and currently running an 11T on an Apocalypse Brood motor. Im hunting for wheel speed again though but I know its not from the motor. Im reading into pinion options and think I have to gear up a couple teeth.

But to answer your question .... if I had to settle on the 23% I could be happy with it. I think 20-35% OD any way you achieve it is comfortable. I also have an Element trans Im teetering on trying also since this Covid is killing comp seasons. With all the portal gear options and r/p options Im just hunting for that zoom zoom while keeping the rig balanced out.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the detailed answers. I'm trying to decide which overdrive gears I should go with from TGH. They have a 24% and a 36% set. You said you tried something a little higher than 36 so maybe I will start there.

Also I orderd a upper rear link riser from shapeways. I know you said the links were dialed but I still want to play around with link separation and anti squat.

Really looking forward to getting this chassis in the mail soon! Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #28
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin9k View Post
Thanks for the detailed answers. I'm trying to decide which overdrive gears I should go with from TGH. They have a 24% and a 36% set. You said you tried something a little higher than 36 so maybe I will start there.

Also I orderd a upper rear link riser from shapeways. I know you said the links were dialed but I still want to play around with link separation and anti squat.

Really looking forward to getting this chassis in the mail soon! Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 07-25-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Heres some basic setup info Im running with right now.

Servo: Hitec 7950
ESC: Holmes BR Mini
Motor: Holmes Puller 500
Battery: 3S 500mah
Tires: Rover white rear - Rover Pink front all shaved and softened up
Foams: Crawler Innovations 5.25 Med rears/Soft fronts

Shock Oil:
Front: 37.5
Rear: 42.5

Springs:
Front: Element Greens
Rear: Element White

Truck RTR Weight: 4.13lbs

Hot Bodies Front OD AR44 gear
Trans OD: 23%

Front knuckle weight: 74grams per side (rock magnet hanger + 1 tungsten slug)

Body: Jconcepts Illusion Mini E-revo body (have bubble roof to help with roll overs)
do you think 74g of weight per side is the optimal amount? You also mentioned 85g. does that include the brass portal covers? would it benefit from a little more? that's not a lot, compared to some trucks...

Last edited by Turtlejon; 07-25-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #30

Awesome stuff. I am slowly gathering the all the needed things to build a capra based sporty. As far as I know there is no builds in my home country South Africa so I havenno choise than to turn to the net for info. Thank you so much for the share.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Soundboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Krazed Builds Capra 2.2S Pneuma - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krazed Builds Alcista Comp Capra Conversion Robbob Chassis and Suspension 2 05-09-2021 10:27 PM
Krazed Builds 2.2 Hearts Robbob Vendors Tires and wheels 0 02-01-2016 05:24 PM
Krazed Builds - AX Axle Krazed Plates Robbob Axles, Trannys, T-case 8 10-28-2015 07:13 PM