Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Start up with 4WD engaged instead of freewheeling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Start up with 4WD engaged instead of freewheeling?

I'm new to digital radio adjustments and I'm setting up my dig to freewheel using a DX5 Rugged. Freewheeling is in the center, then you go either direction for dig or 4WD. Can the order be swapped? Can I start in 4WD, click once for freewheel, and again for dig?

Here's a simpler question. I think I have my endpoints set correctly. I'm a few clicks away from stalling the servo when I dig or go to 4WD. I have SSD aluminum mounts and a Savox SH-0265MG. The servo is powerful enough and the mounts stiff enough that it twists up the chassis is it can't engage. 4WD may stall while sitting still, but once you hit the throttle, the plates line up and it locks up. Dig sometimes stalls and I can't figure out how to rotate the internals to make it engage, but when it does engage, it's perfect. I can throttle or twist the rear output and nothing locks into place. I didn't lubricate anything in the dig box since there was nothing lubed in the instructions.
rbronco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Start up with 4WD engaged instead of freewheeling?

I'm going to post the first question to the DX5 Rugged thread, but I have a thought about dig not engaging. I was trying to verify everything with the trans bolted to the skid, so I wasn't rotating the rear output to see if that helps engage the dig. Turns out that does help and it seems to be pretty consistent. I'm finishing my build and will make sure everything works once it's running.
rbronco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Start up with 4WD engaged instead of freewheeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbronco21 View Post
I'm going to post the first question to the DX5 Rugged thread, but I have a thought about dig not engaging. I was trying to verify everything with the trans bolted to the skid, so I wasn't rotating the rear output to see if that helps engage the dig. Turns out that does help and it seems to be pretty consistent. I'm finishing my build and will make sure everything works once it's running.
I’m running a dx5c, but I’ve noticed weather it’s operating the dig on my Capra or the dig/2 speed on my 10.3 if the thing isn’t moving it doesn’t operate well on the bench. I’m not sure you’ll be able to set it up how you were originally asking. It’s not really meant to be ran as a 3 pos but it does work. But to set up the end points properly, you have to have neutral as the middle.
Hope this helps
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Start up with 4WD engaged instead of freewheeling? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understanding ESC freewheeling TDanny Electronics 33 09-25-2019 09:18 PM
I got engaged djjiz Chit Chat 91 10-20-2015 01:03 AM
should these axles be spinning freely? (freewheeling) 53 willys Axial XR10 14 10-31-2010 08:47 AM
Just curious, but would this work to prevent a nitro crawler from freewheeling? Krawlin Chit Chat 11 09-17-2007 10:21 PM