Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Will any of these fit as a dig servo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Will any of these fit as a dig servo?

Trying to figure out if any of these will work as a dig servo for my Capra Kit, I'm eventually going to go with a Reefs 99 but until those are in stock these are what I can find locally.

Edit: Buying the stock servo and waiting is an option.

TIA

EcoPower 640T

https://www.gravesrc.com/spektrum-a4...aft-servo.html

Savox 0250

https://www.hobbytown.com/savox-sw02...ywsdjq3eqbg4yz

Hitec HS-82MG

https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/hi...cro-servo.html

Last edited by Blaze0303; 06-10-2021 at 09:13 AM.
Blaze0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Will any of these fit as a dig servo?

What voltage are you going to run to the servo? I have a Reef’s 99 in my Capra and it’s great, however, if the 99 wasn’t available I’d have gotten this one instead:
https://www.amazon.com/AGFrc-Digital...reef+99&sr=8-3
No need to upgrade this one. I have a few AGF full size servos and they’re top shelf.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Endpoints are key regardless to what servo you choose. Make sure to zero out the servo EPAs and adjust slowly until the dig and 4wd completely engage.

Last edited by King Dork; 06-10-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Changed info
Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

That looks like it would be a perfect servo, but I would prefer running at 7.4v, right now I think I may just buy a piece of crap SX107 until I can get a reefs. I don't really see other micro servos that can run at 7.4.

Thank you!

Last edited by Blaze0303; 08-18-2021 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I hear ya. I totally forgot about this one so here’s a link to it just for sharts and giggles:
https://www.amazon.com/TORQ-Applicat...3366541&sr=8-3
Old 06-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The EcoPower 640T fits perfectly, as does the Reef's 99, and a new micro servo - PowerHobby 59MG - that just recently became available. The "down" side to the Reef's 99, PH59MG, and other micro servos having a micro 25T spline, is that it becomes impossible to use the servo saver. However, work the EP 640T, if uses a 'standard' 25T spline, so you can use the lower servo saver piece from the AXI31009 kit.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:26 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thanks a lot for the replies, I don't think I'm going to use the servo saver anyway!
Old 06-11-2021, 02:15 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0303 View Post
Thanks a lot for the replies, I don't think I'm going to use the servo saver anyway!
I'll be honest...because of how the shifting mechanism is designed, unless you know how to PERFECTLY set the endpoints (and, admittedly, a lot of people do), it would be highly advisable to use a servo saver. For those who tried avoiding using a servo saver, and didn't sweet their endpoints 100% perfect, they 'killed' a lot of servos. Using the (very crappy) SX107, even though I know exactly how to set the endpoints, and even though I did initially use the servo saver (the very piece that came with the SX107), I still had 4 of those servos die on me (again, the SX107 is a BIG piece of garbage, albeit a very tiny BIG piece of garbage).

Old 08-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
What voltage are you going to run to the servo? I have a Reef’s 99 in my Capra and it’s great, however, if the 99 wasn’t available I’d have gotten this one instead:
https://www.amazon.com/AGFrc-Digital...reef+99&sr=8-3
No need to upgrade this one. I have a few AGF full size servos and they’re top shelf.
I got that AGF servo about a year ago, its been a solid servo. At that time I also ditched the servo saver and overall its been reliable and improvement over the stock servo. (which I also ran on 7.4v)

Last edited by ScottyPotty; 08-25-2021 at 06:01 PM.
ScottyPotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I'll be honest...because of how the shifting mechanism is designed, unless you know how to PERFECTLY set the endpoints (and, admittedly, a lot of people do), it would be highly advisable to use a servo saver.

Yeah I'll 2nd this, the thing is dig doesn't always engage right away and you often need to give it some throttle/move a bit first before everything lines up and engages. In that time the servo is pushing beyond where it can physically push, this is where servos may die. No amount of fine tuning end points will eliminate this moment where it doesn't engage.

I forget who but someone makes an adapter that allows a full (1/10 scale) servo to fit, just another option to consider.

You can also lock out dig while you wait, they provide a spacer to install in the tranny and lock it out.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-25-2021 at 06:53 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #11
RCC Addict

FYI, the Reefs 99 Micro has a 25t Micro Spline out put shaft. Hard to find horns to fit it. Be sure to order the Reefs 99 Micro horn for it if plastic wont work.

2nd FYI. There is not much room under the horn and above the servo top when the horn is installed.

The Axial and Traxxas Micro Servos have 25T output shafts, but they are standard size, not micro.

I used a 99 Micro in my Ryft for the 2 speed and it took a bit of work to get the horn setup to connect to the shifting mechanism.
Its not a straight fix. If Reefs would just use a Standard 25T output shaft, and added a few mm of room between the horns and cases, they'd be drop ins for the most part.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:27 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah I'll 2nd this, the thing is dig doesn't always engage right away and you often need to give it some throttle/move a bit first before everything lines up and engages. In that time the servo is pushing beyond where it can physically push, this is where servos may die. No amount of fine tuning end points will eliminate this moment where it doesn't engage.

I forget who but someone makes an adapter that allows a full (1/10 scale) servo to fit, just another option to consider.

You can also lock out dig while you wait, they provide a spacer to install in the tranny and lock it out.
Exactly what I gave up on trying to set it as a 3-position. Of course, at this point, it no longer matters...I removed the electronics, which will be going into a custom rig based on the Krazed Build Alcista chassis, and I sold the front & rear axles. All that remains is the cage, skid, and my custom Stormtrooper interior...which I will be putting on 'display', along with the Black Panther cage/interior I used for my first C3 comp Capra 4WS rig (the rest of which...electronics & axles...have made their way into my new C3 rig).

Will any of these fit as a dig servo? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is the best dig unit to fit. Paul1234 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 06-25-2010 09:57 PM
HT225mg dig servo won't fit...? boosst Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 06-02-2009 07:20 PM
What servo arms fit stock servo? dave m Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 02-19-2009 11:54 AM