Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Multi-transmission Capra chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Multi-transmission Capra chassis

VFD version is pretty close. It’s drivable, but I want to shorten up the front links and probably swap to softer springs… did manage to get everything low enough that I won’t have to cut up the interior. Had to trim down the bullet plugs though…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2022, 11:14 PM   #22

I was going to suggest putting in a Mamba X and sensored motor when I first saw your build. Looks like you did .
Best upgrade I ever did on all my crawlers. And most expensive...lol
roaoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:13 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Awesome work! Did you make any gearing changes to the VFD trans to compensate for the reduction in the 10.3 AR45 portal axles?

I'm building another Capra with a 3-Gear (AX10) trans and 10.3 AR45 portal axles. By my calculations the final drive ratio with the typical 13T pinion and 56T spur of the 3-Gear trans ends up around 81:1. I do like it low, but not that low. I think I'm going to have to go with a 20T pinion or put overdrive gears in both F&R portal axles to bring it back up to where I like it 45-50:1.

Also - do you have any plans to make your servo on axle mount for the AR45 portal axles available for sale? I am not finding any SOA mounts for the AR45 portals, just the AR45 straight axles. I really don't want to have to go CMS on this rig.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:43 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
Awesome work! Did you make any gearing changes to the VFD trans to compensate for the reduction in the 10.3 AR45 portal axles?

I'm building another Capra with a 3-Gear (AX10) trans and 10.3 AR45 portal axles. By my calculations the final drive ratio with the typical 13T pinion and 56T spur of the 3-Gear trans ends up around 81:1. I do like it low, but not that low. I think I'm going to have to go with a 20T pinion or put overdrive gears in both F&R portal axles to bring it back up to where I like it 45-50:1.

Also - do you have any plans to make your servo on axle mount for the AR45 portal axles available for sale? I am not finding any SOA mounts for the AR45 portals, just the AR45 straight axles. I really don't want to have to go CMS on this rig.

I’m running stock-ish gearing (15T I think), but switched to 4S to get some wheel speed back. I think I made enough parts for two more SOA mounts, shoot me a PM.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:51 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

A little more work today, but mostly cosmetic. Paint job on the aluminum panels was having adhesion issues, so I decided to try out my wife’s Cricut and some vinyl… I see so many possibilities for the future!

Old 04-28-2022, 03:16 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

You've done such a great job on this. It turned out much better than what I had imagined when I first started on mine!
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Multi-transmission Capra chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capra transmission Rick_Sharp Axial Capra 9 07-02-2022 07:33 PM
Anyone with multi-speed transmission? jayliu1984 General Crawlers 3 03-27-2008 08:39 PM
Multi-Speed Transmission For Z3025 DKNguyen General Crawlers 4 02-23-2007 09:50 PM