Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Is the 4ws frame a direct swap for the 2ws?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2022, 11:57 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Is the 4ws frame a direct swap for the 2ws?

This is my first crawler and I'm hooked, but I got the standard 2ws. Now I think 4ws looks so fun so I'm adding it. It's pretty straightforward (or so says the internet) except you have to cut away part of the frame, and I'm not 100% sure how the radio box/fuel cell needs to get cut up yet (using a full size servo).

Anyway, long story short - the full 4ws frame is only $30 including the battery box. Anyone done this? Wondering if it's just a drop or I'd end up having to buy or replace other parts or it just wouldn't fit for some other reason. I'd pay $30 for the cleaner rear end and smaller radio box if that's all there was to it.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2022, 02:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Is the 4ws frame a direct swap for the 2ws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly View Post
This is my first crawler and I'm hooked, but I got the standard 2ws. Now I think 4ws looks so fun so I'm adding it. It's pretty straightforward (or so says the internet) except you have to cut away part of the frame, and I'm not 100% sure how the radio box/fuel cell needs to get cut up yet (using a full size servo).

Anyway, long story short - the full 4ws frame is only $30 including the battery box. Anyone done this? Wondering if it's just a drop or I'd end up having to buy or replace other parts or it just wouldn't fit for some other reason. I'd pay $30 for the cleaner rear end and smaller radio box if that's all there was to it.

I’m pretty sure everything is identical besides the rear portion to clear the servo, although I haven’t done it myself.

You could always reference the online manual for the standard and 4ws versions and compare part numbers on the interior, panels, etc.

Good luck on the project, should be fun when it’s done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is the 4ws frame a direct swap for the 2ws?

I was just looking into this and came across this article:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/blog-ax...ering-mod.html

Kinda fricking hate Axial, the 4WS variant is only available RTR, yet to implement the dig & 4WS you need to upgrade the radio. For the price of that thing they should include a 4chan or offer a 4WS kit.
Or start selling the dig model with a locked out steering rear end where you just have to buy the link.
Really suck you in to sucking out your wallet.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote

Is the 4ws frame a direct swap for the 2ws? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo Disable for 2WS on 1-channel 4WS Truck? FJ40 Newbie General 5 01-07-2009 05:00 PM
Which is more popular? 4ws or 2ws with rear dig on clod? bi_eep Newbie General 9 03-27-2007 11:48 AM
2ws or 4ws for BASHING somedude Newbie General 4 09-10-2006 08:35 PM
4ws vs. 2ws Nate666 Newbie General 2 01-26-2006 10:07 PM
2ws or 4ws? emaxxjeremy Tamiya Clod Buster 6 09-08-2005 06:08 PM