Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Nationals

Notices

Thread: U4 @ Scale Nationals 2015

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default U4 @ Scale Nationals 2015

Thats right we are doing it!

The track began construction a couple of months ago and is quickly making progress. The track will keep making progress until this event is here in April.

But for now current progress photos. And oh yeah we are already racing on it.

TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: U4 @ Scale Nationals 2015

Love it !!!!! What classes are you running or are you going to make a modified set of classes/class rules ? I ask because I am wondering if some of the scale rigs can run it . Sure would be easier to pack 3 rigs for the travelers with a few big motors to swap and not 10 rigs for all the fun you guys have planned.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Love it !!!!! What classes are you running or are you going to make a modified set of classes/class rules ? I ask because I am wondering if some of the scale rigs can run it . Sure would be easier to pack 3 rigs for the travelers with a few big motors to swap and not 10 rigs for all the fun you guys have planned.
Great point Devlin! Id love to run the U4 also.

Class1
Class2
Class3
Ttc
Wrexo
Twin hammers

After entry fees and shipping my rigs I'm gonna be broke (but happy)! What are the u4 classes going to be?
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict

What's an average lap time on that track? Are we running transponders?
Old 12-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Sorry I missed this. We are currently looking into using the U4RC rules, however if they are deemed a bit too complicated we will stream line it a hair to keep the fun factor as high as possible. I honestly have not had the time to read them yet so I can't say one way or the other right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyZuki View Post
Great point Devlin! Id love to run the U4 also.

Class1
Class2
Class3
Ttc
Wrexo
Twin hammers

After entry fees and shipping my rigs I'm gonna be broke (but happy)! What are the u4 classes going to be?
So locally we run indie 1.9, solid 1.9, indie 2.2 and solid 2.2. But in the coming weeks I will be looking into the U4RC rules and see what I can make of them.

Quote:
What's an average lap time on that track? Are we running transponders?
I think we are around 30-40 seconds per lap. The goal is to run 6 vehicles at a time with transponders. We are currently trying to save some money up to get a lap counting system.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Sorry I missed this. We are currently looking into using the U4RC rules, however if they are deemed a bit too complicated we will stream line it a hair to keep the fun factor as high as possible. I honestly have not had the time to read them yet so I can't say one way or the other right now.

So locally we run indie 1.9, solid 1.9, indie 2.2 and solid 2.2. But in the coming weeks I will be looking into the U4RC rules and see what I can make of them.

I think we are around 30-40 seconds per lap. The goal is to run 6 vehicles at a time with transponders. We are currently trying to save some money up to get a lap counting system.
Awesome! Can't wait! I haven't read the rules yet either!! They're pretty in depth. Locally we just run a 1.9 and a 2.2. Indy or solid doesn't matter! Still only enough for a B main. Separate classes may be fun!! That brings me up to 8 rigs for the weekend! Keep us informed on transponders so we know what to round up! I'm good with mylaps, amb, and mrt already but if I gotta buy another so be it! Thanks for putting this together! I'm hoping we can bring one to the northwest soon!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait! I haven't read the rules yet either!! They're pretty in depth. Locally we just run a 1.9 and a 2.2. Indy or solid doesn't matter! Still only enough for a B main. Separate classes may be fun!! That brings me up to 8 rigs for the weekend! Keep us informed on transponders so we know what to round up! I'm good with mylaps, amb, and mrt already but if I gotta buy another so be it! Thanks for putting this together! I'm hoping we can bring one to the northwest soon!
Chances are if we have a lap counting system for the event we won't be requiring people to bring their own transponders. We may require drivers to have a visible harness and velcro, but that will probably be it.

When we get closer to the event we will have this all under control.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Is a yeti a soild 2.2 or independent class?
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #9

Independent
Old 03-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #10

The guys changed quite a bit the other day at the track in preparation for Nationals.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Looks like alot of good working going on there!
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote

U4 @ Scale Nationals 2015 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC ORVA Presents Rocky Mountain Scale Nationals 2015 TURTLE Scale Nationals 52 04-02-2015 03:12 PM
2015 CrawlANZ Nationals Highlucks Competitions 11 02-12-2015 12:39 AM
2014-2015 Winter Scale Series Points thunder7845 North Dakota 2 11-17-2014 07:10 AM