RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Rr10 bomber available from tower (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/548926-rr10-bomber-available-tower.html)

jaykim5708 11-09-2015 04:30 PM

Rr10 bomber available from tower

I'm torn between the rtr bomber or 1/10 yeti kit. Pros and cons for a noob

Tia

mudbeast2 11-09-2015 05:55 PM

Re: Rr10 bomber available from tower

I only glanced at it but, it seems the bomber has a 35T turn motor where the yeti is brushless. There are other options as well. Even with the 2 speed trans its not going to be a zippy as the stock yeti, but would be a nice crawler.

Johnnysplits 11-09-2015 07:03 PM

The RR10 is a hell of a lot better looking than the yeti.

Wrecker344 11-09-2015 07:41 PM

I have to ask the same old stale question here. What is it exactly you want to do with your new rig? I have both Yeti's 1/10 and XL. For just general bashing around? you can't go wrong IMO. But for crawling, I don't find either particularly well suited. For crawling I have a Losi Nightcrawler, a Vaterra Ascender (which I'm in the process of modding up) and I just ordered the new Gmade Komodo. I think any of these three will get you where you wish to go within the crawling realm. And there's always old faithful. The Axial lineup. So I guess it all comes down to what I asked at the start and how much do you wanna spend? You do NOT have to break the bank to have fun. But you'll drop a few hundred doing so. Have fun, that's the main thing. I dig running them and now getting into modding and soon, designing and making my own parts.

Breat 1.8T syncro 11-09-2015 07:59 PM

RPP has more infos

Axial RR10 Bomber 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD RTR

jaykim5708 11-09-2015 09:20 PM

Not so much rock climbing , but general bashing and speed runs. preordered the bomber. It's a brushed system..but I figure I bang the crap out of the stock the n beef her up ....suggestions for bashing/speed runs appreciated. Tks guys. Exciting times. Now to research all the Hop Ups!

rocpede 11-09-2015 10:04 PM

As for hop ups. It's a new RC.. It's hard to say what fits and what doesn't.. Till some of are awesome vendors get there hands one..

Sent from my 2500HD

ik632 11-09-2015 10:16 PM

The 35t motor looks like the standard HPI motor they have sold for years (Hobbico owns HPI and Axial). It's solid and will run well with little maintenance. I have one that has only been cleaned a few times and runs well. The RR10 looks like a solid rig. They took all of the feedback from users on the Wraith and Yeti and made the best of both worlds.

Granted, I have several Wraithen, a Yeti, 2 Yeti Xl's, and a few SCX10's. They are all fun for a specific task. The Yeti and Wraith (with a brushless system) are my goto for random shenanigans. When I think it might be technical I take an SCX10 and when I want to be obnoxious and show off, I take an XL with 6s :)

fr8cture 11-09-2015 10:22 PM

In my opinion...both. They are completely different driving experiences. Solid axle vs Independent front suspension. I love my Yeti it handles good and is meant for speed. If you want something thats gonna excel in crawling then without a doubt the RR10 is the way to go. I plan on grabbing the RR10 eventually. For speed though....hands down the Yeti is best for that.

fyrstormer 11-10-2015 12:31 AM

From the look of it, this thing is basically a Wraith in the front and a Yeti in the rear, with a 2-speed gearbox from the factory. So it's basically the same as a well-kitted Wraith. I guess I won't be needing one then, because my Wraith already has all the same features.

ksj44 11-10-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrstormer (Post 5328997)
From the look of it, this thing is basically a Wraith in the front and a Yeti in the rear, with a 2-speed gearbox from the factory. So it's basically the same as a well-kitted Wraith. I guess I won't be needing one then, because my Wraith already has all the same features.

It's like a beautiful mullet hairstyle... Business in the front, party in the back :lmao:

meatmonkey 11-11-2015 06:31 PM

I don't think it comes with a 2 speed, just that you an spend another $95 to convert the existing trans to a 2 speed.

Your going to be waiting for at least another month (or knowing axial, 5?) for your bomber, so you might as well get a Wraith now to tide your over. I have one and it's a blast.

Can the bomber platform even be geared low enough to crawl?

Hal 05-05-2016 07:28 PM

The Bomber is much lower gearing than the Wraith. Even Brushless with a 3500 it crawls awesome. Give it a 3S Lipo and it will scoot right along. I love mine for crawling.