Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: bilinvic's RR10 Bomber Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #141
Rock Crawler

Default Re: bilinvic's RR10 Bomber Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomedchad View Post
I may reach out to Holmes hobbies and see if I can exchange the motor for a Puller pro 2200. I think the 3300 is just too fast. I'm down to a 10t pinion and adding under drive gears to the rear. See how that works out. I really want a trailing crawler and this thing is like a speed demon. Idk. Have to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought the puller pro 3500 just before the 2200 was announced and had that same thought. I asked if they could offer me a slightly used trade-in for it but they could not. I didn't press the issue and decided if I wanted the 2200 I'd just sell the 3500 here, or keep it as a spare.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #142
Pebble Pounder

That's stinks. Mine has about 10'minutes of drive time on it. Guess I'll see what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Biomedchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
The negative exponential will allow more throttle movement for smoother starts. The throttle curve would normally be linear but with negative expo, it starts with a gentle curve and then gets steeper as more throttle is applied. The curve would be opposite with positive expo and gentle acceleration would be more difficult, it would be like mashing the gas pedal! Hopefully this makes sense.
Thank you for the tutorial. 100% clear now. I have changed my MMP's Throttle curve to my liking but if i can get it to creep even better with some Neg Expo i am trying that next.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
I think that pic of the side stance is "perfect"

Cheers,
Wade
X2. I think it looks better with those shocks. Although the King Blue is an awesome color it sets off a rig pretty quick with a "look at me" before anything else. Taking away from your other insanely nice "Scale" items would not cut it for me unless the Kings performed. Mine never did but look bitchin.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #145
Rock Crawler

And that is a shame because the King shocks do look great, but leave a lot to be desired on the performance side.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Not hijacking your thread bilinvic. This might be your final "Scale" item to add to your already impressive ones.

I was going to save this for my build reveal but my EmeryworX RR10 won;t be ready until mid January. I attended the 2012 KOH and it is defiantly one of the events that should be on the bucket list. My camera got so full of desert dust i lost most if not all my photos.

I saw this on a rig at the KOH and finally found a pic on the web. I made this and i am going to do this on my chassis as a scale item. ** This is on my GUT chassis that i gave up on.

Last edited by cmbscx10; 12-20-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 12-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomedchad View Post
Awesome. Now...could I have your secret transmitter setup to try out? Expo , end points whatever you're testing. I have -75 setup on forward expo. Going to take it for test run tomorrow.
End points are specific to your rig, no secrets there! On my DX4S, I can tune the servo speed as well, I turn my servo speed down to about 12 (compared to 100) so that the rig gets a realistic lock to lock turning speed as opposed to be turning at a warp speed in scale. It makes for very accurate steering too.
I set reverse (on the DX4S) to about 60%, so that in panic reverse situations to save from a potential back-flip, I don't rocket the rig!

That's about it!
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:40 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
And that is a shame because the King shocks do look great, but leave a lot to be desired on the performance side.

Cheers,
Wade
The King Short Course shocks are much, much better than the typical King shock. They do perform well.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #149
RCC Addict

Quote:
Working on some of the scale details this evening.

Hobby Gear Fire Extinguisher w/ Yeah Racing cradle
Hobby Gear Jack
LEGO rope netting for the driver's net; Found this in my son's room. I'll have to go rummaging through is room tomorrow while he's at school to see if there's another for the passenger side...lol

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u..._Bomber_31.jpg
For those wanting to go the string net also the lego net is part 71155, it appears to be available in some sets or directly on it's own from some of the brick suppliers
https://www.google.com/search?q=Lego...FIGI0QTAtJOoBw

I used some of this window netting on my U4RC trophy rig, cheap, looks great, easy to cut & mount. (unfortunately out of stock atm)
Unfortunately it is kinda fragile & on a race truck being marshalled, it broke fairly easily. No fault of the product, I think I'm using it beyond what it's designed for (touring cars & SC trucks with windows)
On a trail rig that being handled a bit more carefully it'd probably be fine.
Killerbody Protection Curtain (Cloth) KB/48047

Thats enough hijacking from me, back to Bils RR10
Attached Images

altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:15 AM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Bilinvic, Great work man! I've followed many of your builds. Never got into the Yetis, But this thing is Sweet, I need one!
marcb527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #151
Quarry Creeper

Are you actually going to run this thing? I think I'd just sit this one on a shelf and buy another to run. This thing is too nice to run!
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Yes, it will get run, I just want to finish it first.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

I just bought a second cage to do a different style build and I haven't even run my first one yet. I have the disease and I like it!
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
I just bought a second cage to do a different style build and I haven't even run my first one yet. I have the disease and I like it!
This disease is one we can condone. What are you planning?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #155
I wanna be Dave

I'm gonna try Wraith length trailing arms to shorten up the wheelbase and DMGs skid plate adapter to run a SCX10 trans with an extended rear output. That'll let me run a centered rear with zero issues. I've got a couple other ideas too, I think it can be a better crawler than it was initially designed to be but changes need to be made. Somehow my first RR10 inadvertently turned into more of a go fast trail rig on its own. It's low, long, and quicker than I intended but I like how it came out.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #156
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
I'm gonna try Wraith length trailing arms to shorten up the wheelbase and DMGs skid plate adapter to run a SCX10 trans with an extended rear output. That'll let me run a centered rear with zero issues. I've got a couple other ideas too, I think it can be a better crawler than it was initially designed to be but changes need to be made. Somehow my first RR10 inadvertently turned into more of a go fast trail rig on its own. It's low, long, and quicker than I intended but I like how it came out.
The only thing I did to mine was tightened up the springs on the rear and it crawled better than my stock wraith. Oh, and I removed the spare. So I'm thinking this could be a really good crawler.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes, it will get run, I just want to finish it first.
Back on topic, sorry bilinvic, what all do you have left to finish? I'm really curious to hear your initial thoughts. Actually, I'm still waiting to hear your review on a set of XORs, and some ProSpec shocks too. You owe us some info man.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Ya, I know. Just been busy with the Xmas Season and there's been lot's of crappy weather up here (wind and rain). I've got new parts on most of my rigs and I haven't even had a chance to test any out...when the time comes, it's going to be tough to figure out which machine gets tested first!

I'm waiting on sway bars, but that's not a show stopper because they would only be for scale detail. Vanquish says they will have them early in the new year! I've got some different SLW hubs coming and some lighting.

Last edited by bilinvic; 12-17-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Cool. I got impatient and ordered a Dlux sway bar this morning. It may not look as scale as the VP sway bar but Erik's parts are super nice and my bomber needs one so I went for it. It'll look nice above his trailing arms that I'm running too. I hear you on the bad weather. We've been getting way too much rain for this time of year but it looks dry this weekend so fingers crossed. I need to get mine out!
Old 12-17-2015, 05:15 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

I'm really liking how the Proline Flat Iron XL tires look on the Bomber. Nice and fat; I already know they perform awesome!!!! I even have a spare that I could use. Thoughts?

RR10_Bomber_51

RR10_Bomber_50

RR10_Bomber_49

Last edited by bilinvic; 08-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.

bilinvic's RR10 Bomber Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rr10 bomber available from tower jaykim5708 Axial RR10 Bomber 12 05-05-2016 08:28 PM
axial RR10 bomber new U4 class? Cork U4RC 2 01-15-2016 12:22 PM
New Axial RR10 Bomber available for pre-order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-09-2015 06:48 PM