RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Wheelbase vs trailing arm length (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/552385-wheelbase-vs-trailing-arm-length.html)

MNorby 12-24-2015 06:21 PM

Wheelbase vs trailing arm length

Saw a pic of a bomber with wraith length rear control arms. What's the wheelbase length in that configuration vs stock bomber length?

cmbscx10 12-24-2015 07:39 PM

Re: Wheelbase vs trailing arm length

I could be wrong so please anyone correct me but the Wraith Trailing arm doesn't change the WB so Wraith would be .75mm aka 3/4" less
vs RR10

Wraith PS - 13.98" WB
Wraith Spawn - 14" WB
RR10 - 14.75" WB

MNorby 12-24-2015 07:59 PM

Essentially the bomber makes its longer wheelbase from the longer rear control arms and the skid mounts are essentially the same distance between the 2

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cmbscx10 12-24-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNorby (Post 5377515)
Essentially the bomber makes its longer wheelbase from the longer rear control arms and the skid mounts are essentially the same distance between the 2

From my understanding, Yes the Yeti Trailing arms give it it's WB difference.

The Wraith skid will bolt to a Bomber chassis and vice versa. The Bomber skid does have the taller rear risers to accommodate the trailing arms and correct upper link geometry. If a Wraith skid is used DCW risers or custom ones will need to be made/bought. I am still learning so hope owners/builders will chime in to correct me if needed.

I am going a different / similar route in that EmeryworX is building a Bomber chassis for me based on a Wraith skid and Yeti Trailing arms since i will be using my SS Trans and Wraith running gear. He will correct the rear link risers at the chassis side and i will run the Trailing arms on the outside of the skid at the last hole.

SCREAMER 12-24-2015 09:36 PM

You know for $8 you can get an adapter plate from the DMG to run that SS trans on a bomber skid. That includes hardware and you'd save yourself a ton of trouble with all the correct link mounts already there. The problem with using a Wraith skid and trying to run the lower forward trailing arms properly on the outside parallel to the chassis is making it double shear.

cmbscx10 12-24-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5377774)
You know for $8 you can get an adapter plate from the DMG to run that SS trans on a bomber skid. That includes hardware and you'd save yourself a ton of trouble with all the correct link mounts already there. The problem with using a Wraith skid and trying to run the lower forward trailing arms properly on the outside parallel to the chassis is making it double shear.

I 100% agree and would have gone that route but when i placed my order the Bomber came out the 1st week and there were and still are no Bomber skids in stock until March from what i can see. For me, I can always just bolt in a Bomber with a DMG adapter you mentioned at a later date.

SCREAMER 12-24-2015 09:50 PM

Gotta check eBay man. I've already got my second complete bomber chassis and third bomber skid. Got the skids for $10 each shipped from a seller called bizarre hobbies. I got 2 adapter plates from DMG because I'm swapping out the Wraith skid on my Spawn that's running trailing arms to get all the additional link mount options and correct trailing arm placement.

cmbscx10 12-24-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5377825)
Gotta check eBay man. I've already got my second complete bomber chassis and third bomber skid. Got the skids for $10 each shipped from a seller called bizarre hobbies. I got 2 adapter plates from DMG because I'm swapping out the Wraith skid on my Spawn that's running trailing arms to get all the additional link mount options and correct trailing arm placement.

Hmmm I have had 5 in my wish list for weeks with "Out of Stock" from Bizarre, Omni, Asap, Power Hobbies, RRP, Amain etc. If they were in stock i buy 1 from each just because. I'll keep looking unless you want to sell me one. :lmao:

SCREAMER 12-24-2015 10:03 PM

There's 2 on eBay right now. 1 from bizarre hobbies for $10.90 shipped. Lol. I'm just trying to help you out man.

2-shot 12-25-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5377901)
There's 2 on eBay right now. 1 from bizarre hobbies for $10.90 shipped. Lol. I'm just trying to help you out man.

I purchased a Bomber skid off Fleabay, a couple weeks ago. I think that I got mine from Power Hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDAY 12-25-2015 05:33 PM

I just installed Blue Monkey twin hammers length trailing arms and wraith length upper links on my Bomber. I had to put a little more bend in the uppers to shorten them a little and get my pinion angle right.
Anyway my wheelbase now is 13 15/16", and it looks great.
I shortened it up because i run mine in scale comps.

Next up, 4ws!

John

SCREAMER 12-25-2015 07:26 PM

Pics?

JDAY 12-26-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5380326)
Pics?

Here you go
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c397d2f1b1.jpg

JDAY 12-26-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5380326)
Pics?

And anotherhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d279eb684b.jpg

MNorby 12-26-2015 05:29 PM

that looks good. whats the wheelbase at that setup?

JDAY 12-26-2015 06:04 PM

About 13.85" Almost an inch shorter than stock.
I'll find out how it works tomorrow at the scale comp.

JDAY 12-28-2015 12:13 PM

I'm just going to leave this here for a minute.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54f4067551.jpg

84yoda 12-28-2015 03:41 PM

Woo hoo, im going to run wraith links and thought thats how I would mount my shocks too but seeing a picture of it confirms it. THANK YOU.

Are those wraith links or...?

JDAY 12-28-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84yoda (Post 5390069)
Woo hoo, im going to run wraith links and thought thats how I would mount my shocks too but seeing a picture of it confirms it. THANK YOU.

Are those wraith links or...?

I made those links equal to twin hammers trailing arms. The link between the revo rod ends is 84mm.
The stock shocks are really to short for that mounting posistion. In that picture they are fully extended, and thats with no weight on them. I ordered a pair of rc4wd 120mm kings, should be here by the end of the week.

84yoda 12-28-2015 05:15 PM

I figured that would happen, so ill probably make a 90 degree shape out of aluminum and mount it to both shock mounts and be able to have the top of shock sit at the lower shock mount but be in line with the top shock mount if that makes any sense. But I want mine to sit low so we'll see after I start putting it together.