RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Need some help - stock shock length (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/552804-need-some-help-stock-shock-length.html)

2-shot 12-29-2015 10:53 PM

Need some help - stock shock length

Could someone please measure (or if you know the measurement) their stock Bomber shocks for me? Either overall extended length, or eyelet to eyelet measurement.

I'm assuming the front and rear shocks are the same length?

I've searched but can't find shock length.

Thank you very much! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smittycm 12-30-2015 12:34 AM

Re: Need some help - stock shock length

The stock shocks appear to be 104mm (+/- 1mm) from eyelet to eyelet. Same length both front and rear.

I'm running 100mm Proline Pro-Spec SC shocks no issues in case you're shopping around for other shock options. I would guess anything from 100-110mm could be ran no issues.

2-shot 12-30-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittycm (Post 5398044)
The stock shocks appear to be 104mm (+/- 1mm) from eyelet to eyelet. Same length both front and rear.

I'm running 100mm Proline Pro-Spec SC shocks no issues in case you're shopping around for other shock options. I would guess anything from 100-110mm could be ran no issues.

Than you very much for the measurement!
Yes, I'm looking at different shock options. I'll go with ProLine shocks. Not sure if I want Powerstroke or the Pro-Spec shocks.

jdsusername 12-30-2015 08:36 AM

If it helps I've used proline power stroke shocks on two short course trucks and a rusler. They've always worked great for me never had to rebuild any of them and I punished them for sure.

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

smittycm 12-30-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-shot (Post 5398631)
Than you very much for the measurement!
Yes, I'm looking at different shock options. I'll go with ProLine shocks. Not sure if I want Powerstroke or the Pro-Spec shocks.

My LHS had both the Powerstroke shocks and the Pro-Spec. The Powerstrokes were about $8 less than the Pro-Specs, but they didn't come with Pivot Balls for the top of the shocks whereas the Pro-Spec shocks did. You could reuse the stock pivot balls, but I believe that was part of the reason for the slop which was what I was trying to eliminate. The Pro Line pivot balls were recommended as best match for the Powerstroke shocks, and a pack of the steel Pro Line pivot balls cost $10. After figuring in the cost of the pivot balls, the Pro-Spec shocks were only $6 more than the Powerstrokes, and they're supposed to be a better shock. Have never compared the two shocks in real world driving, so can't really say for certain if the Pro-Spec shocks are really any better. Just putting it out there as to why I went with the Pro-Specs.

Chris

xmikedentx 01-07-2016 03:37 PM

Pro specs also have more travel. Might be worth it, especially in the front of this rig