RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Wraith tranny versus RR10 tranny ie yeti tranny????????? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/552830-wraith-tranny-versus-rr10-tranny-ie-yeti-tranny.html)

mtnbker 12-30-2015 10:01 AM

Wraith tranny versus RR10 tranny ie yeti tranny?????????

I have a extra very well built tranny from a past wraith build. I saw that DMG is making a tranny adapter plate to put a wraith tranny in the Bomber. I really don't plan on racing the Bomber maybe a couple of times. What would be the major benefit of doing this swap???????

EeePee 12-30-2015 10:07 AM

Re: Wraith tranny versus RR10 tranny ie yeti tranny?????????

Less question marks hopefully?

84yoda 12-30-2015 10:28 AM

If you buy a rtr bomber then I would just run the bomber tranny but if you buy just the cage and swap over your stuff from your wraith, then use wraith tranny.

sic1to 12-30-2015 11:55 AM

Use what ya like,works,can afford...but i like my scx trans vs yeti style. With the DMG adapter plate it puts tranny closer to front of skid that helps alot & torque twist is very mild now!

dbw 12-30-2015 01:53 PM

If you have a heavy trans like a supershafty wouldn't it raise the cog going with an adapter plate?

sloyota 12-30-2015 02:56 PM

im running the DMG adapter plate with the wraith trans.it flips the spur gear to the front.you just gotta relocate the ESC and RX box to the bottom of the interior."thats what i did".
plus i had a built wraith trans laying around,i'll keep it single speed with brushless power

mtnbker 12-30-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloyota (Post 5400774)
im running the DMG adapter plate with the wraith trans.it flips the spur gear to the front.you just gotta relocate the ESC and RX box to the bottom of the interior."thats what i did".
plus i had a built wraith trans laying around,i'll keep it single speed with brushless power

Nice....what did you use for a longer output shaft??

SCREAMER 12-30-2015 03:44 PM

A wraith trans already has a longer rear output or you can get a supershafty longer rear output or a Holmes hobby 1 piece output with extended rear. That's only necessary to run an SCX10 or AX10 style transmission.

dbw 12-30-2015 07:39 PM

I've got a brand new supershafty 6mm wraith trans. I should use it for my new bomber with the dmg adapter plate.