RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Boom racing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/552949-boom-racing.html)

jdsusername 12-31-2015 05:42 PM

Boom racing

Any one have any experience with boom racing? I was looking for steering linkages to replace the cheapo plastic links on the bomber and stumbled upon this on Amazon. Its a combo set. Steering linkages, steering knuckles, c hubs, and rear axle lock outs. But it for the wraith, I went and impulse bought it figuring I'd eventually want the rest and seemed fair priced at 42$ on sale at the time. Now the question is will this all work with the bomber? And does any one have experience with boom racing? Haven't seen them mentioned to many times on here, but I'm also knew to the forum and the bomber is my first slow paced crawler type car. I probably just bought a whole bunch of junk or stuff that won't work.......https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c80d2e3335.jpg

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

SCREAMER 12-31-2015 06:13 PM

Re: Boom racing

Yes they will fit and yes they are garbage.

jwall046 12-31-2015 06:24 PM

I'm betting aisiatee quality. Even though I like the looks of the shocks. Ha

J.A.W - just another wraith &
a Bomber!

jdsusername 12-31-2015 07:35 PM

Damn I was afraid of that. Should of researched it more. Oh well, I'll see how they work out. Trucks all stock anyway.

xmikedentx 12-31-2015 07:47 PM

Shoot, that's how much I just paid for one piece of my vanquish stuff. Give it a shot and report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rottenbelly 12-31-2015 07:53 PM

I put that kit on my Daughters wraith. Everything but the steering links are holding up fine. The balls get sloppy after awhile.....

Dornbox 12-31-2015 08:28 PM

I have that kit plus their axles on one of my trucks. Everything is decent but the CVD axels which you didn't get. Other than that, the quality is on par with other lower mid level companies like Integy. The AL is a bit soft but it's way better than stock plastic.

jdsusername 12-31-2015 08:32 PM

Ya ik that's why I bought it. Took a look at the vanquish stuff, and a couple other brands I've seen mentioned on here. Saw these on amazon I figured it was cheap, why not give it a shot. I will for sure be reporting more on these when they get here.

jdsusername 12-31-2015 08:44 PM

I mean vanquishes stage 1 kit for the wrath (includes steering knuckles, c hubs, and lock outs) is 99$ on there site. I figure boom racing is better than plastic and it will get me through for a while and I'll just replace as needed. Maybe just the steering links will be junk and the rest will be fine. If just the c hubs, steering knuckles and lock outs are good I save 60$.

Delbert 01-01-2016 08:05 AM

Just my .02, I tried the cheaper route on a build along time ago. I have since spent the money on the quality parts. So basically buying the twice. I have broken cheap chubs made from cheap alloys. There are places to save money on your rig but I don't think the high stress areas are one of them. For $99 you can have damn near bulletproof parts and peace of mind. I would rather save and buy parts once than to compromise. If it's out of your budget, there are tons of plastic takeoff to purchase go a song to replace if broken until you can buy " the good stuff"

jdsusername 01-01-2016 09:46 AM

Ya true. I had the same thing happen to me when I bought my first traxxas slash. I didn't do much research and ended up buying integy parts one time. Never again did I go back. I should have learned from my previous mistake. Oh well I didn't spend any money on it, got an amazon gift card from my ant for Christmas.....but I guess I could have spent that 50 on better stuff.

Smonkman 01-01-2016 10:37 AM

I run Boom Racing stuff on my ScX10 and I've never had an issue. I run it pretty hard and it's held up well for the past year.

SCREAMER 01-01-2016 08:01 PM

That depends on what you think is garbage. I've learned that everyone is on a sliding scale. There's a market for everyone and a budget for everyone and most people only need to learn the hard way once.

2-shot 01-01-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delbert (Post 5412484)
Just my .02, I tried the cheaper route on a build along time ago. I have since spent the money on the quality parts. So basically buying the twice. I have broken cheap chubs made from cheap alloys. There are places to save money on your rig but I don't think the high stress areas are one of them. For $99 you can have damn near bulletproof parts and peace of mind. I would rather save and buy parts once than to compromise. If it's out of your budget, there are tons of plastic takeoff to purchase go a song to replace if broken until you can buy " the good stuff"

I look at it kinda the same way....

Did you save any money when you have to buy the cheaper stuff two or three times because it doesn't hold up?

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I've been down that road, trying to save some money on a build. Ended up buying VP parts to replace.

antikid 01-02-2016 03:04 PM

If it doesn't hold up, oh well. I have bought cheaper stuff before and it has been fine, and bought good stuff that sucks (dirt bike and mtb)

Currently installing it. I don't think any of it looks bad.

stonecold 01-04-2016 09:49 AM

I've been using Boom Racing aluminum for a little over a year now and I haven't had any issues with their stuff, and i'm not gentile with my RC's.

tuner 01-04-2016 04:06 PM

Use everything except the links and replace them with titanium and your golden. The next thing to break will be the axle housing.

Ca. Off Roader 01-04-2016 05:27 PM

So which 3rd party products can be considered quality products and which ones aren't? I know simply looking at price can be indicative but certainly not always.

cmbscx10 01-04-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ca. Off Roader (Post 5415220)
So which 3rd party products can be considered quality products and which ones aren't? I know simply looking at price can be indicative but certainly not always.

Depends on the product. There are so many variables on Specific items so you have to be more specific. Examples below

Axles

DlUX 1808's - $$$$$$$$
Vanquish - $$$
SSD - $$
A few more I'm sure

Steering & Links
Vanquish - $$$
SSD - $$
DlUX - $$
Many more including RCC Vendors

For me these don't get considered. Experience and reviews are a waste of time and money.
STRC
Integy
Traxxas Ultimate LCG (Sorry had to throw that in there)

BroncoAZ 01-04-2016 07:47 PM

Looks like Boom makes some ripoff beef tubes:

http://www.amazon.com/Boom-Racing-BR...ds=axial+tubes

What about Hot Racing parts? Some look good but some look cheezy.

I purchased SSD titanium steering links from RPP today.