Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your Bomber today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #201
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do to your Bomber today?

Yea I'm wanting to order one but wish he had a 4.75 or 5" option
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #202

Added a top light and two GT power lights in the front!
NMdesertracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #203

Onetoomanyrcs U4 light (still trying to figure out how to wire this to the third channel on my radio)

Vq stage one kit

Vq servo mount, clamps, and trusses

Bec (wired it the way castle says, does this help my servo? This is what I was going for. It's at at 6v currently as that's the recommended setting for my servo)

Vq rear trailing arms.

Not seen incision spool in rear

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited by jcarsen; 10-13-2016 at 09:38 PM.
jcarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #204
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarsen View Post

Onetoomanyrcs U4 light (still trying to figure out how to wire this to the third channel on my radio)
I've got mine hooked up. Using a Spektrum dx3c in the AUX channel. I have 3 settings, AUX 2P, AUX 3P, AUX Lin. Lin doesn't work at all, 2P works once in 20 tries, 3P switches it one in 5 or 8 tries.

I've tried bumping the switch up/down and holding the switch up/down, doesn't help. The button in the back of the bar works fine, and I like it best on "Demo Mode" (which it defaults to every time you start it.)

Any better ideas on the TX settings? I'm new to the AUX channel/lighting world as well. Seems like it needs a longer duration when the switch is pressed or something?

maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #205
RCC Addict

Got it figured out!

Set Switch A to AUX 2 position, switch off (down) then on (up) the mode switches!

It must look for voltage on the signal to switch. A momentary switch would work better, but I don't seem to have that option.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #206
RCC Addict

Replaced the front link rod ends with Revo rod ends. Time to beat up on it more.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #207
RCC Addict

Installed the onetoomanyrcs light bar.

The bar comes disassembled. Hardware is all Phillips head, not quality. 3 of the 6 end screws won't snug down, the left and right brackets aren't cut from the same material. One side is thick with the screw holes countersunk, vaguely lines up with the bar. The other side is narrow, lines up perfectly

The bar is definitely too wide for the top of the Bomber, I'll make some new brackets to drop it down the front, about even with the roof line.

Wiring had to be cleaned up, a full 38" provided

Folded the roof around the bar for now. I'll make a final nice roof once I get the bar moved. While the bar seems to work well, the fit and finish just isn't there. At $36 it is cheaper than the VP bars, but I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll see if I like having a light and pick up a VP bar to get it right.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #208
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear that about fit and finish. Looks bright tho. Nice wear on those RBs too!!!

I'll be picking up a Team AE 120mm light bar from the mailbox this afternoon along with the Gear Head RC roof rack. I'll try to get that installed. At $23 and credit card points, I pulled the trigger and will give it a try. It plugs into the Rx which is currently getting 7.4v from the BEC, instead of tapping of the lipo. Asscoiated doesn't specify voltage so I hope it'll be ok. I may crank it to 8.4v and get more brightness and umph from the HV500 servo too.

Last edited by calcagno45; 10-20-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Installed the onetoomanyrcs light bar.

The bar comes disassembled. Hardware is all Phillips head, not quality. 3 of the 6 end screws won't snug down, the left and right brackets aren't cut from the same material. One side is thick with the screw holes countersunk, vaguely lines up with the bar. The other side is narrow, lines up perfectly

The bar is definitely too wide for the top of the Bomber, I'll make some new brackets to drop it down the front, about even with the roof line.

Wiring had to be cleaned up, a full 38" provided

Folded the roof around the bar for now. I'll make a final nice roof once I get the bar moved. While the bar seems to work well, the fit and finish just isn't there. At $36 it is cheaper than the VP bars, but I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll see if I like having a light and pick up a VP bar to get it right.
The OnetoomamyRCs light is amazingly bright. It's insane. But the quality is really lacking. My sides were the same piece. They are the same part so when you flip the one the good side has to be installed towards the inside of the light bar. The U4 bar is worse. China housing, buckets don't line up with the housing, and the back is completely open and exposed. And he ships it in a barely big enough, padded envelope all the way from Canada.

I did nothing to my Bomber today. The replacement MMX still hasn't arrived and I'm leaving town tomorrow. With no tracking I'm in the dark. WTF Castle.

I did install my OnetoomamyRCs light bar and U4 bar. I also installed window nets and a fuel filler tube.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

I didn't do anything to my Bomber today - unless you want to count checking the mail...

Everything came in at once:

Incision wheels and motor mount, VP servo mount/servo clamps/trusses, SSD Pro knuckles/C-hubs/Ti steering links, CI Double Deuce foams, Yeah Racing lock-outs, Axial 14t pinion, and Boom Racing stainless Kronik axle tubes...

Oh yeah, and my back-ordered free Castle Link, too.

I went for less expensive lock-outs ($14!) and tubes ($29 for 2 axle sets!) because this will be the setup until I can budget for SSD Diamond housings, with a centered rear.

Also dropped b the LHS and picked up a can of Tamiya PS-55 flat clear spray for polycarbonate.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The OnetoomamyRCs light is amazingly bright. It's insane. But the quality is really lacking. My sides were the same piece. They are the same part so when you flip the one the good side has to be installed towards the inside of the light bar. The U4 bar is worse. China housing, buckets don't line up with the housing, and the back is completely open and exposed. And he ships it in a barely big enough, padded envelope all the way from Canada.
I believe his u4 rear light ($30) is the exact same light I bought on Amazon for $13 and painted myself. It's junk, china junk. The build quality is almost funny.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
I believe his u4 rear light ($30) is the exact same light I bought on Amazon for $13 and painted myself. It's junk, china junk. The build quality is almost funny.
Does the Amazon version have different blinking modes? OnetoomanyRCs version has about 6 modes. But the red lights are pink. That drives me nuts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #213
RCC Addict

Yes, its the same. The red is pink, yellow is mustard and blue is basically white. I painted the clear lenses with tamiya "clear" paint colors, 2 coats each.

I think they might look better at a much lower voltage, like 3v.

Last edited by maslin; 10-20-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Sorry to hear that about fit and finish. Looks bright tho. Nice wear on those RBs too!!!

I'll be picking up a Team AE 120mm light bar from the mailbox this afternoon along with the Gear Head RC roof rack. I'll try to get that installed. At $23 and credit card points, I pulled the trigger and will give it a try. It plugs into the Rx which is currently getting 7.4v from the BEC, instead of tapping of the lipo. Asscoiated doesn't specify voltage so I hope it'll be ok. I may crank it to 8.4v and get more brightness and umph from the HV500 servo too.
If you look at there pictures, the leds say 4v. So probably rated for 5v max. Its dumb how they dont state the volts. You might want to check with them first. But if you try 7.4v and they work, definitely let us know.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:14 AM   #215
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
If you look at there pictures, the leds say 4v. So probably rated for 5v max. Its dumb how they dont state the volts. You might want to check with them first. But if you try 7.4v and they work, definitely let us know.

well I missed that part. They sure don't advertise voltage input other than saying it's easy to plug into the receiver. We'll see for sure as I don't plan on lowering the BEC voltage.

How are you guys connecting into the receiver? I'd rather not open the receiver box when I take the cage off the skid? I'm thinking get a servo extension and leave the female hanging out the receiver box so I can use it as a quick connect and not have to open the receiver box.

Also received an EXO radiator and light mount in the mail today. Time to pair up the radiator and get it mounted up

Last edited by calcagno45; 10-21-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #216
I wanna be Dave

^^^ Actually, I think you're just building up the leg muscles on that mighty-mite attack terrier......

He's pretty badass!

That's a heck of a hill, your rig seems to be climbing it quite a bit better with those tires!
Old 10-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #217
I wanna be Dave

I could use a truck load of those rocks.

Are you going to try the paddle tires out across water?
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I didn't do anything to my Bomber today - unless you want to count checking the mail...

Everything came in at once:

Incision wheels and motor mount, VP servo mount/servo clamps/trusses, SSD Pro knuckles/C-hubs/Ti steering links, CI Double Deuce foams, Yeah Racing lock-outs, Axial 14t pinion, and Boom Racing stainless Kronik axle tubes...

Oh yeah, and my back-ordered free Castle Link, too.

I went for less expensive lock-outs ($14!) and tubes ($29 for 2 axle sets!) because this will be the setup until I can budget for SSD Diamond housings, with a centered rear.

Also dropped b the LHS and picked up a can of Tamiya PS-55 flat clear spray for polycarbonate.
What tubes did you get for $29?

I didn't know that Tamiya flat paint existed. That's awesome!
Old 10-23-2016, 10:50 PM   #219
I wanna be Dave

^^^ Boom Racing stainless Kronik axle tubes - through Amazon. (AsiaTees actually, used my Amazon Gift card...)

Filed down my rear axle "rings" today just enough for them to fit through the tubes, tested the slip-fit into the Holmes Lockers, and assembled my Incision Methods/CI Double Deuces/Axial R35 kit compound Baja T/A's.

Obviously, I'm moving slowly!

Yeah -found it at my LHS, strangely enough most instructions I've found for matte-finishing Lexan they use TS-80 Tamiya spray enamel(?). LHS didn't have it, never had - and didn't think they had ANY matte or flat clear, I just dug around and found it myself.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
^^^ Boom Racing stainless Kronik axle tubes - through Amazon. (AsiaTees actually, used my Amazon Gift card...)

Filed down my rear axle "rings" today just enough for them to fit through the tubes, tested the slip-fit into the Holmes Lockers, and assembled my Incision Methods/CI Double Deuces/Axial R35 kit compound Baja T/A's.

Obviously, I'm moving slowly!

Yeah -found it at my LHS, strangely enough most instructions I've found for matte-finishing Lexan they use TS-80 Tamiya spray enamel(?). LHS didn't have it, never had - and didn't think they had ANY matte or flat clear, I just dug around and found it myself.
Thanks. I forgot that Boom made them for the AR60 axles. I have them for the SCX10 axles and they're great.

You have to modify the stock axles to fit through the tubes?

What did you do to your Bomber today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imthatguy's Bomber imthatguy Axial RR10 Bomber 81 01-14-2019 02:42 PM
Yeti vs Bomber cullen colapietro Axial Yeti 26 10-06-2017 06:21 PM
what is the purpose of your bomber? bentles Axial RR10 Bomber 32 07-05-2017 05:35 PM