Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your Bomber today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 01:32 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What did you do to your Bomber today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
Which CI foams are those. Diameter and stiffness, please.
6" standard/soft. I removed the 1/4" outer later of foam.
Ca. Off Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #62
Rock Stacker

After going brushless (3150kv) on a 60T spur...quickly finding out most of the RTR parts dont like speed.
Broke all 4 front plastic links..tires came unglued
Waiting on a laundry list of parts to come this week..

Made a little cover out of the RTR roof panel wrapped in camo

Last edited by NitritedCarbide; 02-29-2016 at 07:34 AM.
NitritedCarbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Installed a Holmes Puller Pro 3500xl along with a 17t pinion running 3s... I do not know how fast it was able to go but I do know that it was fast enough that I had to dial the expo on steering up to 60%, it de-beaded two tires after they expanded like the rear slicks on a Top Fuel dragster, and it was sketchy as hell. I also programed the start power on the MMP to low and turned the punch up to 80% to keep it from doing an instant flip and breaking parts when pinning the throttle. That 3500xl is no joke!

I have since put a 14t pinion in it that I already had and may go back up to a 15t. With the SSD 2 speed trans I can still crawl reeaalllly slow. One other thing I noticed it that with the Pro4 3300kv I could push the Bomber when it was off and it would roll pretty easily, with the Puller Pro 3500xl it is like the wheels are nearly locked. It takes a little bit of effort to get it to roll, the magnets in that thing are STRONG.
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Received a big box from rpp, a box from vanquish, a box from tower hobbies, a crawler innovations box, a hobby king box, and a box from barndog racing.

I have a decent collection of parts going....still need links, trailing arms, steering servo, more shocks, and axles.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:43 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Default What did you do to your Bomber today?

Installed the RC4WD 120mm King shocks on the back. One thing you'll need to do if you plan to use these 120's with Vanquish lower links is use the longer ball ends. They use longer ball ends on the 110mm versions of these shocks as can be seen in the first pic so I swapped the ball ends from the front 110's.

Also got these today...

But not enough time to start working on it tonight.

Last edited by Ca. Off Roader; 03-01-2016 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

[IMG]Bombdigity[/IMG]

Added sway bar... not sure I like it.

It's definitely better at speed. The twisting is gone and the front tire stays planted when crawling up steeps; but, I found myself tipping over sideways a lot more tonight after adding the sway bar.

I spent almost 2 hours last night on sandstone in Southern Utah (I can't imagine a greater playground to crawl than Pioneer Park in St. George). Then after dark I went and added the sway bar. Tonight I am in Arizona and ran my Bomber for an hour on basically the same terrain in Page near the Dam. I noticed that side-hilling was worse and the Bomb was more tippy. Instead of a back corner squatting and staying rubber side down, the back stayed high and had greater tendency to roll over.

Hmmm... what to do? I think I would like to add some quick release pins where the 4 bolts are holding the sway bar in. add it or remove it in seconds. Has anyone else done this? Anybody not prefer the sway bar?

Also added a few scale pieces... high lift, extinguisher, painted fuel cell and diff cover along with added fuel cell line and blue lines near front shock.

I'm just waiting on "Yeah Racing" NOS bottle in the mail so I can use the mount for the extinguisher for a more realistic look. Also have some enamels coming so I can paint the driver and navigator.

EDIT:
A pic showing the lack of flex on the back-end for anyone without a sway bar to see...
[IMG]no flex[/IMG]

I'm running the Axial "soft" sway bar made for the Bomber. Any ideas on an even softer bar? I would think something in between no bar and the soft sway bar would be cool.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 03-03-2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: add a picture
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Spent the week traveling for work... and making it an amazing sand stone crawling tour-de-awesome. Started with a few hours before sunset in St. George at Pioneer Park. Then crawled the next night in Page, AZ near Glenn Canyon Dam where the crawling ledges and hills were as far as I could see. Then tonight I crawled the Moab Rim Jeep trail here in Moab as the sun went down.

With all the tipping over since adding the new sway bar, I decided to cut some new body pieces out of Aluminum sheet metal last night. The original Slawson panels were getting banged up pretty good.

I traced the existing panels onto the sheet metal and then cut by hand with some tin snips. They're not a super finished looking product like Barnyard's. I eventually would like to get some of his panels. But, they did the job tonight and made me less weary of scratching things up.

New cut panels freshly installed:
[IMG]panels inside[/IMG]

[IMG]panels outside[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2016, 05:24 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Winch plate & winch installed. Now to wire & move onto front axle truss!

F1GHTF1R3W1THF1Re. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

Open front diff!
Beef Tubes, OD Gears

LOVE how it drives on tarmac, had a blast last night in a parking garage on some ProLine Prime tires

NitritedCarbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Spent more money on it.... !@#$%
OurJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Mamba Monster X - I love how I can turn the drag break on and off while driving.
SkyRC S-Pro4 4-Pole Sensored 2500KV Motor
Overdrive gears
Another 3s battery
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Built some Rock Jock's for it. Need to go to my LHS and buy a stainless screw kit so i can have an assortment of screws to finish things. My Incision VDI's are on the way.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Finally decided on a color scheme & painted the Carter Fabrication and Manufacturing Body panels today.

I also need to decide what decals (if any) I want to use on these panels.

Also tried to install the SSD 2-speed transmission gear set I bought from RPP but when I opened the shift linkage I found they were heavily rusted.

Yes, I know that I can just use steel wool to remove the rust & them re-oil them. I think rather than use what is already a damaged part, I'd prefer SSD to replace the shift link instead. These should not arrive like this and from what everyone has told me, their products are a top shelf option.

That said, SSD has already contacted in reply to my effort to contact them (I emailed them earlier today). They've requested a picture of the part so they can work to address the matter. Pretty decent response time so far considering it's a weekend. Now I will see how quickly I can get the replacement link.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Rotor of my Roc 412 broke, don't know how the hell it happened as it was running fine before. Hopefully their 120 day warranty covers it, otherwise got to order one, and I'm in the UK where the don't sell the part I need, so about a 2 week wait if I have to order one.
ostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #75
Scale Detail Engineering

I test drove my new LS1 today!

I tell ya, I love the short wb Bomber set up... combined with the short shocks and dig, this rig kicks butt on the rocks!
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Installed my Hallenbeck graphics and VP 225 hubs. Picture in my build thread so I don't have to upload it again
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Painted skulls and added them to the vehicle. They're much more fun than the full face helmets. Also painted the bodies with "flat" black enamel to reduce that shiny plastic glare. I think I'll eventually repaint the gloves with flat as well.

And I added a Nos bottle in the back. Nos wouldn't be on a 1:1 crawler; but, these dead heads should definitely be rocking Nos.

[IMG]skulls[/IMG]

[IMG]skulls 2[/IMG]

[IMG]skulls 1[/IMG]

Edit to add:
Thank you to F1GHTF1R3W1THF1Re for responding to several PM's about how to take certain parts of the rig apart as well as numerous painting questions.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 03-08-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Fitted my CFM inner fenders, and my window nets. Waiting on my stainless wraith trailing arms, ti rear upper links, and VP wheel wideners to get here. Then i need a TX and RX to finish it.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #79

Installed wraith transmission, roc412 1800kv and 32 pitch gears!
KraZeR169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

I drove a pack through my bomber today. Most of the terrain was dirt with some washout gullies wo cross, then at the end I found a rock garden and had some fun crawling.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do to your Bomber today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imthatguy's Bomber imthatguy Axial RR10 Bomber 81 01-14-2019 02:42 PM
Yeti vs Bomber cullen colapietro Axial Yeti 26 10-06-2017 06:21 PM
what is the purpose of your bomber? bentles Axial RR10 Bomber 32 07-05-2017 05:35 PM