Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Levior* - Becher's Bomber Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Default Re: Levior* - Becher's Bomber Build

Yes yes! Good to see you running Levior!
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Great to see you back at it, my friend!

Hey, am I crazy or did I see a mention of your name related to the contraption slipped over your transmitter wheel?

How's that work for you?

Does it help with one-handed driving, allowing for easier video creation when by yourself?
Yeah, I bought one of the Hoy Fab thumb steer dodads a while back. Even with the thumb steer, the wheel on the FlySky radio was still too far away so I stuck a piece of sculpey clay on the end so my thumb could reach. I met Jason Hoy at the Oregon G6 and showed him what I'd done and he's made it an option for the thumb steer 2.0

For me it works great. I can pretty much drive one handed in all except the most technical situations. Frees up the other for video, balance or beverages.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #123
RCC Addict

glad you could get back into it. Hey you’re lucky to have crawled with an rccrawler legend “slinkysam”.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:35 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

I guess you guys are still liking to my thread. Thank you. I haven't been involved for over a year now. I lost my desire and time to play after my wife died in 2017. Lately I've been thinking about easing back in. I miss this hobby. My workspace is a disaster. I'm not even sure how many of my rigs still run. I almost feel like I need to start from square one. It's painful to even think about jumping back in because it was my late wife who made it possible for me to play like a kid again in the first place. I'm getting to that place though and I hope to be active in the community again sometime this year.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
I guess you guys are still liking to my thread. Thank you. I haven't been involved for over a year now. I lost my desire and time to play after my wife died in 2017. Lately I've been thinking about easing back in. I miss this hobby. My workspace is a disaster. I'm not even sure how many of my rigs still run. I almost feel like I need to start from square one. It's painful to even think about jumping back in because it was my late wife who made it possible for me to play like a kid again in the first place. I'm getting to that place though and I hope to be active in the community again sometime this year.
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope you cam find what your looking for again jumping back into the hobby. Love the build, looks great. I love the picture that you had with the bomber in the snow. Like some said they don't realize it snows up there. I have a good friend that's from there and he's always showing me pictures like that. One of the pictures he showed me they were at the top somewhere skiing, lol.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:44 AM   #126

Quote:
So sad about your wife! My heart and thoughts go out to you, and I hope you find a lot of healing in your life
Nosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:14 AM   #127

I love this build. I was thinking about doing something similar. I would like to have a 2.2 rock bouncer and a 1.9 crawler like yours from either a bomber or wraith. Your build has really inspired me to move forward with my plans. I'm sorry to hear about your wife and hope you can find the healing helpfully and get back into what you love to do. It all takes time and unfortunately life happens. I also am coming out of a similar situation. Keep up the great work and get driving.
rhuggins215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Levior is likely to be out on the rocks again before too long. I've been on hiatus for about two years but I'm getting backing into the fray. I got the new Axial Capra but I can already tell it won't keep up with Levior. Fun build though!
Old 10-13-2019, 03:24 AM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Mike and the Levior buggy are back, sweet!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear. Looking forward to your updates. Sometimes we all just need to play like children with our toy trucks.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #131

Crawled some in August at the cliffs by Ainaloa (sister and her bf drove me over). I can totally see why a tummy tuck on the bomber is important. The rock just reaches out and grabs everything. Good and bad. Where my Bomber would just slide over stuff at Axialfest, the rock on the Big Island would just dig in and hold on. I did drive on my cheap Amazon tires....for good reason.

An event there would be great. Might even make if if the timing is right.
MrAMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:10 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAMath View Post
Crawled some in August at the cliffs by Ainaloa (sister and her bf drove me over). I can totally see why a tummy tuck on the bomber is important. The rock just reaches out and grabs everything. Good and bad. Where my Bomber would just slide over stuff at Axialfest, the rock on the Big Island would just dig in and hold on. I did drive on my cheap Amazon tires....for good reason.

An event there would be great. Might even make if if the timing is right.
Another option is to just pick up an AMF stainless skid plate protector - they're inexpensive, indestructible, and slicker than a greased pig on rocks. Works great on mine:

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/amf-ab-008-s.htm
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Another option is to just pick up an AMF stainless skid plate protector - they're inexpensive, indestructible, and slicker than a greased pig on rocks. Works great on mine:

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/amf-ab-008-s.htm
The body of my yeti is amf panels. I think I might have a couple more of their items, too. Didn't think to look for skids. Now I must. As well as some replacements for F/R on my trx-4. The Integy ones like to bend.
MrAMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks Jato. I haven't made any aesthetic upgrades to this rig, it's all very stock thus far. I am planning to put some SSD Assassins on it however. It could use some weight down low and I don't like the AR44 Beeftubes. After that maybe I'll even skin it and paint the interior dudes.
Ya that's why I'm not into the BeefTubes either, make some of your own, should be room inside the axle housings to slip even a thinner piece of brass tubing in like I did my Ascender and it adds cheap and easy non-rotating weight down low. Glad you did your interior and body panels again, looks better that way, aluminum beadlocks really add to it too, looks great!

Quote:
The CMS (chassis mounted servo) setup was pretty solid and never gave me any problems until last week when the HH servo gave up due to the well known center pin problem. I had a UC FAB AMS (axle mounted servo) bracket on hand so I put that in with my ProModeler servo (the ProModeler was too tall for my CMS configuration). The AMS setup is superior to CMS but not by a lot. I like the look of the CMS better but I've built this rig with performance over looks so I'll keep the AMS. I'll try to get some pictures of that setup posted soon.

Cool, I found my Wraith was much more capable, predictable and steered with less servo effort with the axle mounted servo.

Quote:

Yes, we are, great read with pics and videos! Condolences to you and your family losing your wife, brings me to tears too. RC crawling is very therapeutic for me, hopefully you and your kids will get back in and find it to be for y'all too.

Oh and we need more thread updates!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Levior* - Becher's Bomber Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jayn Bomber Build Jayn Axial RR10 Bomber 31 03-07-2017 07:02 PM
Ca. Off Roader's Bomber Build up... Ca. Off Roader Axial RR10 Bomber 10 03-27-2016 08:46 PM
Bomber Build - DBW dbw Axial RR10 Bomber 11 02-27-2016 08:34 AM
Forestbumpr's RR10 Bomber Build forestbumpr Axial RR10 Bomber 29 12-28-2015 09:12 PM
My Bomber build bredmx Axial RR10 Bomber 8 12-28-2015 11:51 AM