Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: so ive seen currie anti rock on bombers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #1

Question so ive seen currie anti rock on bombers

so I have seen several bombers with vanquish currie anti rocks on them and I was wondering if the one for the yeti is a direct bolt on or if you have to make some adjustments to anything? Also is the yeti sway stiffness to weak or to strong or would you suggest getting a different sway bar all together? The bomber really needs a sway bar if you put a powerful brushless setup in it and hope to have this issue remedied by my next outing.

Thanks again everybody I'm fairly new to this forum but have been rcing for a few years now and this place has been very helpful at answering a few questions so far. keep up the good work everyone.
Wh200y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: so ive seen currie anti rock on bombers

The Currie swaybar that people are running on their Bombers is the same one for the Yeti. The only change you have to make is the links connecting the arms to the axle. I run 2 Revo rod ends held together with a M4 set screw and that is just about perfect.

As for the bar stiffness, that is largely determined by the use of your Bomber. Some want a softer bar for crawlers, others are happy with the stock bar for an all purpose rig.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #3

sweet thanks again for the info ill have to order it come payday.

also what are some good trailing arms I usually use vanquish I just don't know about to many other really good manufacturers out there. I hate to break down on the trail so I don't care to spend a lil extra to get a good quality part.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have the UC Fab trailing arms on both my Bomber and Yeti, which are awesome.

Blue Monkey and JEC Racing (also available through Super Shafty) make really nice trailing arms as well.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have not tried the Anti rock or Dlux; but, after I complete some modifications to my Bomber, I will be using one of them. I have the Axial bar and it is very stiff... too stiff for crawling. I took a grinder and notched the bar in 3 separate spots to soften it up for crawling.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
JEC Racing (also available through Super Shafty) make really nice trailing arms as well.
I am really happy with my UC Fab Yeti and Wraith trailing arms but next build will get the JEC/Super Shafty without a doubt. That thing screams awesome.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:58 AM   #7

so I got the currie anti rock and the super shaft trailing arms. love everything about both of them with the exception that the super shafty logo is engraved on the same side of both trailing arms so it only shows on one side of my bomber and its on the inside of the trailing arm on the passenger side. idk if they made a boo boo when they sent mine out and grabbed two of the same side or what I mean its not a huge deal or nothen just would be nice if boh sides match. By the way did I say I love them bc I really do they are the lowest thing other then the axle on the bmber anf help with the center of gravity and the anti rock is very nice also. I was able to use the one for the yeti with no issues didn't have to replace anyting or move anything fit perfect. and my bomber will climb things that it would spin out on before without even spinning a tire huge improvments. ( yes I know I cant spell and I type to fast but mostly don't care)
Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Fwiw; I'm running an antirock; and I really like it. I lost quite a bit of flex out back but honestly I think my rig still performs better all around with it on. It made it a lot more fun to bash with as I'm not constantly having to go flip it back on its wheels!! It's just really important when you install to let the locktite setup overnight otherwise you'll fight with the set screws coming loose.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote

so ive seen currie anti rock on bombers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats size of the Currie Anti-rock sway bar set screws? Ca. Off Roader Chit Chat 3 02-05-2016 02:20 PM
Where do Bombers come from? I have the answer! mudbeast2 Chit Chat 8 12-31-2015 05:12 PM
Bombers in Hammertown? Creep Axial RR10 Bomber 0 12-26-2015 11:04 PM
need help guys ive ive chopped everything up blade smc 5.5 build tpurdin Micro Scale Rigs 12 11-09-2012 12:32 PM
Currie Anti-Rock Idea Xtremekrawler8 General Crawlers 4 01-19-2005 01:56 PM