RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Vanquish anti-rock mounted at rear of frame? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/562826-vanquish-anti-rock-mounted-rear-frame.html)

YeeP 04-28-2016 09:23 AM

Vanquish anti-rock mounted at rear of frame?

I currently have my anti-rock mounted in front of the rear axle, but I just ordered some twin hammers length trailing arms. In planning for the future, I am thinking switching the sway bar to the back of the frame would be a better position. However, I do not see how it mounts on the back. Those two mounts on the back of the frame look like they are too small for the brass sleeves that the spring slindes inside of. Can anyone show me an example of how they mounted the anti-rock in that rearward position?

Thanks!

maslin 04-28-2016 09:45 AM

Re: Vanquish anti-rock mounted at rear of frame?

The mounts in the rear are Wriath style, the bar goes straight through the holes. The sleeves are used to space the arms out to clear the frame.

YeeP 04-28-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslin (Post 5494194)
The mounts in the rear are Wriath style, the bar goes straight through the holes. The sleeves are used to space the arms out to clear the frame.

Cool, I can do that.

Thanks!

84yoda 04-28-2016 10:28 AM

Your options to mount it back there are find exact bar diameter and make a long bar, or cut down brass bushings or carefully drill it out to fit the brass bushing. But its tricky since if you drill it out for brass bushing, the plastic will be super thin and possibly break. So you have to drill the hole bigger but drill it out higher so the bottom thickness stays the same (if that makes sense). But either way, you still have to drill out rear mounts to fit vp bar.

YeeP 04-28-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84yoda (Post 5494236)
Your options to mount it back there are find exact bar diameter and make a long bar, or cut down brass bushings or carefully drill it out to fit the brass bushing. But its tricky since if you drill it out for brass bushing, the plastic will be super thin and possibly break. So you have to drill the hole bigger but drill it out higher so the bottom thickness stays the same (if that makes sense). But either way, you still have to drill out rear mounts to fit vp bar.

Hmm, that is what I was afraid of. I think I may end up building a new rear crossmember for the frame with the proper hole size. Not a big fan of trying to drill an off-center hole into the plastic. Guess I need to start measuring up the OD of the plastic tubes in the chassis and looking for aluminum.