Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: B1B Southern Hemisphere deployment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 02:16 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default B1B Southern Hemisphere deployment

When the Bomber came out I wasn't initially going to jump on board, I didn't need any of the RTR electrics & in honestly I had axles, wheels, tyres & trans spare from my Wraith that had migrated into my U4RC 2.2 Trophy build (West & Down 2.2 U4) so adding a Bomber wasn't really on the cards.
Then I looked at them some more & A-Main had all the cage parts, skid & panels in stock & I could get them on a cheap postage deal if I wasn't in a hurry & having a rig that wasn't my race rig to bash around with suddenly seemed like a good idea so ordered it all I did.

Then the B1B pics started to appear & they ticked all the boxes, all the tube chassis looks I'd hoped a Yeti would have been, so I messaged Jerry@DmG & got a kit ordered.
Have been piecing it together since & at the end of last week got it together enough to have a bit of a test drive at the U4RC race we had on the weekend. Still needs the front end set-up properly & it takes some getting used to the lack of steering going from live axle to IFS but I'm really happy with how it came out & even the small amount I've run it it's been really fun.

It's B1B kit #5, dunno why it's important but we all seem to be keeping track of them.

Went together with no glitches from DmG end.
There must be a reason why the industry standard Revo rod ends as supplied with the VP links don't fit the VP carriers, but none that come to mind are particularly polite.
Much like my opinion on how the same rod ends rattle up & down in the steering rack.
If someone knows a pivot ball the same length as the Axial but that fits a Traxxas end a link or part # would be much appreciated, cos quietly I've got the same issue with the TKO trusses.

Utilised VP steering, front links, skid plate, VVDs, carriers & knuckles.

Used the Axial rear toe block & Exo front sway bar & RPM arms

it has Axial HD UD gear set with a HR diff cup & HPI spider gears filled with 1mill Mugen diff gel

And yes I assembled the whole diff center & forgot the carrier bearings, had to pull it all apart & start again.

The DmG kit comes with a new ali hood but I had some lexan sheet spare so re-made it in that, my less than brilliant painting looks passable through nice glossy lexan.

Got it all mocked up to work out the electrics

Stuck in a Savox SV-1271SG servo (1st Savox I've used, always been 7950's before), CC BEC & tried out a Hobbywing XERUN-SCT 120A sensored esc (again 1st of these, CC MMP has my preference) powering a Tekin PRO4HD 3000kv on 3s.
Trans was in my Wraith & has HR gears, SuperShafty top shaft & Robinson slipper. My new preference for bearings is Acer & they're all through.
Used the VP Yeti trailing arms in the rear, with their sway bar. The sway bar links are some Traxxas that I had floating around, I think they're Revo steering links from the dual servo setup. The stock VP Yeti length sway bar links are an ideal length steering link for the B1B with Jato ends.
The uppers are VP Ti also but I think Wraith, they're some I had.
Front & rear drive shafts are MIP, Wraith length front, Yeti length rear.
Rear axle has HD UD gears, Locked-Up FI spool & Dlux U4 truss. It also has a bent axle shaft so the Axial wide axle kit is on order.
Shocks are Gmade XD diaphragm, 93mm in the front, 103mm in the rear, though I've changed off the rear springs to some softer ProLine Pro-spec 2.2lb/" springs.
Front & rear are both currently filled with 30wt Losi oil on the middle option piston.
Tried it for looks with my VP Methods & PB Growlers but they're destined for the 2.2 Trophy rig, this is getting light weight CI 6 bolts & PB RBIIs.

I formulated a paint scheme a while ago for my SPM crawler bodies & recently used it again for my UCFab 1.9PRT Trophy rig & liked it a lot so re-used it here, will have to make a new set of panels & re-do my 2.2 Trophy to match now I think.
Attached Images

Last edited by altd896; 07-03-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Photobucket broke pic links
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: B1B Southern Hemisphere deployment

Looks great, the paint job is awesome. You should take a look at what screamer did with the exo bumper because it fits the cage lines better and is stronger.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Di_Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di_Spencer View Post
Looks great, the paint job is awesome. You should take a look at what screamer did with the exo bumper because it fits the cage lines better and is stronger.
Oh I've been looking at what screamer has been doing, I happen to have an Exo bumper set in the post after seeing his post. I nearly went that way first off after seeing Jerry's prototype with the steel bumper but convinced myself while the exo looks better by being in closer, that closer means arms & stuff might be hitting things the bumper should be picking up. I'll have them both to try so I'll see what works best.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Love the B1B, great job altd896. I look forward to hearing how it performs on the track.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Looks really good man. What's the info on that front sway bar?
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

Looks awesome. Now that Losi is releasing a live axle trophy truck with a full cage, might convert my Yeti TT to one of these to go with my other bomber!
hoonwageneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Looks really good man. What's the info on that front sway bar?
Front sway bar is just the Axial option bar set for the Exo& Yeti AX30803 (they should have included that in Yeti kits)
I got mine from rcMart (they had some VP bits that were out of stock everywhere else) but it seems to be in stock most places
Axial EXO Front Sway Bar Set (Soft, Medium, Firm)
TowerHobbies.com | Axial Front Sway Bar Set (Soft/Medium/Firm) EXO
AX30803 - Axial Front Sway Bar Set (Soft Medium Firm) YETI – CKRC Hobbies

B1B Southern Hemisphere deployment - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
deployment crawling crawler_34 Axial SCX-10 10 03-31-2016 09:32 PM
Vaterra Slickrock in the south hemisphere eliasser Videos! 3 05-27-2015 08:03 PM