Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Beginner Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #41

Default Re: Beginner Bomber

Yep most likely them. I didn't get that lucky on price but they are worth every penny so far.
davemass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #42

Finally got the second set of shocks as well as the vp stage one kit and axle trusses. Happy with the look and feel of the shocks.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Yeah, it was funny...I saw these at Axialfest at their booth and said "I have this exact same wheel except they're made by XtraSpeed". The best I got was "Um yeah we do business with them". ;) It's all good. I love my XtraSpeeds, just wish I knew Boom had them In black before!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemass View Post
I bought them black. I'm not sure if they are the xtra speed wheels or not. I purchased them on eBay. They were easy to mount and I'm enjoying the look as well.
They've been great wheels for me. Super easy to mount and hold the bead very well. Only gripe is how thin the ring is near the mounting holes. May have to get BPC to make me a set with a little more meat there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #45

I definitely like them. Bead is snug and doesn't budge.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #46

Well its been a while but i figured id post the little bit i have done since i last posted. I have programmed and tuned the esc to my liking and im really enjoying the hobbywing set up. I painted the gas tank in the rear and have added a hose fuel line for the scale look. i am in the process of perfecting the fuel cell and line to look more realistic and i am also rebuilding some more aluminum panels.

the next thing that i will be doing is going to HD gear sets and adding in the axial aluminum motor plate and cam as well as a steel spur and slipper set up.

then its time to learn some electronics and get a BEC setup to power the servo and some lights.

some of the cosmetic things im planning are a roof rack light bar combination of some sort as well as a rear lightbar and some of the pods in the front that i have been seeing as a popular choice on the forum. i really like them all lit up.

After most of that it will just be upgrades on a need basis as i build up my SCX10.

i need some suggestions on the light bar lengths for the roof front and rear and BEC setup advice since im not the savviest of electritions.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #47

upgraded to powerstrokes all the way around and can tell a massive difference. glad i made the choice to move up in shocks.

Changed back to the stock bfg's for the time being since the foams i have for the flat irons are a bit small and not holding up well. i added some sidewall paint for looks and im liking it a lot. may do it to the flat irons as well once i get the proper foams and another set of aluminum rims.

The plans for further upgrades are advancing as i find more and more that i want to do with the truck.

I built some new panels for the roof and hood and will be rebuilding the side panels soon. Finished painting the gas tank and added the hose for some scale looks as well. Now i need the DMG spare mount to finish off the rear end because i really want to reincorporate the spare tire.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:49 AM   #48

Nice tank. I can not drive the Bomber slow. So I just stuck the Sidewinder 3 4600kv combo in the RTR Bomber. On 3s it is really, really fast. The Bomber is a real rock racer. I am impressed with how well it still crawls or bounds over rocks. It can move a great deal slower than I had believed. Not like a brushed, 35t, but it still does well for my liking. I'll drop the pinion to 8t. It might still have throttle at the top I never reach even with a 8t pinion. After my credit card cools off I'll put in the 2-speed from Axial. I'm betting it will crawl pretty well for sensorless.
Rybroca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bomber, build, newb

Beginner Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginner Spoon1337 Axial SCX-10 5 11-26-2010 09:19 PM
something for a beginner xroryx Newbie General 9 06-05-2008 09:40 AM