RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Hot Racing Transfer Case (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/564791-hot-racing-transfer-case.html)

nfcrockett 05-28-2016 11:14 PM

Hot Racing Transfer Case

I have horrible vibration/noise coming from my transfer case. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? Internals are fine. It looks like it may be from possible play in the plastic housing. Has anybody had the opportunity of testing the HR aluminum transfer case? Worth it or nah? I did find 2 positive reviews on RPP.

Hot Racing Axial RR-10 RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups

SCREAMER 05-28-2016 11:25 PM

Re: Hot Racing Transfer Case

Their trans housings for the Wraith and SCX10 are good quality and so are their internal gear sets. The next time I have my crawler Bomber apart I'll be installing one of these. I don't know if it'll solve your problem but it's worth a shot for les than $40. Let us know how you like it and post some pics, please.

Mega Fattie 05-29-2016 12:58 PM

Super Shafty uses hot racing cases for their bomb proof trannies.

May be a worthy upgrade. Do they make an rr10 trans case as well as the transfer case?

84yoda 06-01-2016 01:05 AM

I don't think HR has one. But just saw this. Axial RR10 Bomber Upgrade Parts Aluminum Transmission Case 1 Set Blue | eBay

Creepy Inc. 06-01-2016 11:29 AM

We sell these gears for the T case

RR10 Transfer Case Steel Gears - Super Shafty

and HR does make a t case housing for the RR10

The HR raceing cases are very nice. They have some of the tightest tolerances on the market "thumbsup"

nfcrockett 06-01-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creepy Inc. (Post 5511763)
We sell these gears for the T case

RR10 Transfer Case Steel Gears - Super Shafty

and HR does make a t case housing for the RR10

The HR raceing cases are very nice. They have some of the tightest tolerances on the market "thumbsup"

That's very good to hear on the tolerances. I figured as much since HR is used for the bombproof wraith trans.

SCREAMER 06-01-2016 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both of HR's trans cases are nice. They need to get on the ball and make a full case for the Yeti/Bomber front half.

nfcrockett 06-02-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5512208)
Both of HR's trans cases are nice. They need to get on the ball and make a full case for the Yeti/Bomber front half.

I agree a HR full aluminum case for the bomber would be nice. I recently purchased a bombproof wraith trans for a ucfab prt HD build but I've yet to run it. I do know it's buttery smooth just hand turning it.

rngrchad 06-05-2016 06:28 AM

Hey OP, make sure the xfer case bolts aren't over tightened as well. Back them off a bit and see if the noise calms down or stops entirely. The bomber xfer case is very sensitive to being over tightened. Mine was anyways. Binded up like crazy when I " over tightened" mine and no I don't go ham fisting on my bomber fasteners!

Drm31078 07-14-2016 08:15 PM

Anyone purchase one of these transfer cases? Any word on a full transmission case? I have seen a few on eBay, but who knows if they are any good.

84yoda 07-14-2016 11:41 PM

The link I posted above is gpm and for china stuff, its top notch. If you break something, they will upgrade the part if needed and send you a new one. A ton of yeti xl owners run gpm and dhawk and both are 100% legit.