Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Desert/Baja Style Race Your Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Desert/Baja Style Race Your Bomber

There are a group of people working at putting desert/baja styled races together now. Should there be a class that includes Bombers? Whether it be a modded go fast class or more or less a stocker, would you race it?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Desert/Baja Style Race Your Bomber

Sounds like a trophy truck class, like the axial TT. Depends on how close they stick to the 1:1 rules. Trophy trucks can pretty much be anything. As long as they resemble a truck (somewhat). But in the 1:1 world they have several classes. From closer to stock (class eight). To wild and wooley (trophy class). Sooo slap a truck body on the bomber and race the same class as the Axial TT or the Losi TT. imo
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Already have a TT class, and my class 1s may have to race with them for now. Not an issue. This is Bomber specific, or with Wraiths if that is how they group them in racing U4 now. No need for slapping a body on to compete in a class where you'd get smoked. Axial Scores may run with the Losi Baja Rey. This is even to the point of running SCTs and SCBs in their own classes. Timed desert races just like the 1:1, separate classes like 1:1, with some basic rules of course to keep it fair for all. Any Bomber racers now???
Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Bombers tend to not handle well at speed. Perhaps that ifs kit I see a lot of people putting on their bombers would change that though.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Out of curiousity, has anyone tried the 2 degree toe out on the front to see if your Bomber will track straight at speed like the sct's/buggies do? The Bomber class would be competing with like vehicles, meaning similar speed or lack there of, only racing with the rest of the field for an overall win if you will. Its a timed deal, endurance, with racers leaving somewhere between 30 sec to a minute apart from each other, just like the real deal. Faster classes start before the slower ones so that the course empties sooner and/or I don't run into you in a tight section going 10-15 mph faster than you're going causing damage to rigs. This also means if the course gets torn up, it sucks to be the later group of starters. Again, just like 1:1. If there is a good amout of interst in this after the initial Trophy Truck/ Class 1 race with other classes wanting to run with a decent number of enterants, there are a few BIG names that will be on board to sponsor it.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Already have a TT class, and my class 1s may have to race with them for now. Not an issue. This is Bomber specific, or with Wraiths if that is how they group them in racing U4 now. No need for slapping a body on to compete in a class where you'd get smoked. Axial Scores may run with the Losi Baja Rey. This is even to the point of running SCTs and SCBs in their own classes. Timed desert races just like the 1:1, separate classes like 1:1, with some basic rules of course to keep it fair for all. Any Bomber racers now???
When I mentioned trophy trucks and using a truck body. I was just referring to the 1:1's. Had nothing to do with the RC classes. I was just suggesting that if you want to run something similar to the baja 1000 or 500. these things might be worth consideration. I would think a baja style race would want to be as close to scale so you could get. So you can get a similar experience.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

My current setup on my Bomber makes it quite predictable at speed
Dominates on baseball diamonds
3150kv
2-speed
36/14 gear set
Dual ProLine F&R w/ VP rear sway
VP 725 hubs ( helped a lot with stability)
I also opened the front diff packed with 3racing Ultra High Viscosity Diff "oil"
Lowered braking to 20% or else it would front flip endo as soon as throttle was released

Would love to try a Baja style track.
NitritedCarbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Cork, the TT/ Class 1 deal is all scratch builds, metal cages... run whatever truck body you want like the 1:1. That said, there is a race coming up for these vehicles in a few months- precurser to a larger event. Just looking for a future broader class base to make the experience more real (this isn't the only forum/vehicle type where this is listed), particularly for the video crews. Hammer class already exits in 1:1, so the opportunity is coming should anyone choose. Races are to be held in So Cal for now.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

What would a yeti rr run with if they could join? This sounds pretty fun
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #10

I think if you ran a class or grouping of the classes that are similar to the type of racing that the 1:1 bomber fabrication rig that the axial version is modeled after people would be interested. I know that's the route that I would like to go with my build. I'm thinking that this was your original idea when asking the first question. I don't know a whole lot about what separates the 1:1 classes associated with the bomber fab type rigs but I'd imagine that they are different from the yeti tt rigs and things like the slash offered by traxxas.i guess that would be the U4 style race.

Last edited by davemass; 06-08-2016 at 07:41 PM.
davemass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemass View Post
I think if you ran a class or grouping of the classes that are similar to the type of racing that the 1:1 bomber fabrication rig that the axial version is modeled after people would be interested. I know that's the route that I would like to go with my build. I'm thinking that this was your original idea when asking the first question. I don't know a whole lot about what separates the 1:1 classes associated with the bomber fab type rigs but I'd imagine that they are different from the yeti tt rigs and things like the slash offered by traxxas.i guess that would be the U4 style race.
The Yeti would be more appropriate to be class proper, good point. That said, vehicle groupings are with similar rigs. Campbell or any of the best U4 styled vehicles don't hold a candle to a trophy truck in the desert environment, nor do they cost as much!!! See SCORE or Best in the Desert (BITD) classifications and you'll get the idea for the format. I wish Axial was more on board with this type of racing program.That said, I'm told that Losi is all in with their new TT thats coming out.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Better do a cheater class for those avs rigs.lol. A friend of mine has the traxxas rally with avs and you'd have to be a pretty bad driver to flip it.hahaha
Old 06-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
Better do a cheater class for those avs rigs.lol. A friend of mine has the traxxas rally with avs and you'd have to be a pretty bad driver to flip it.hahaha
Cycon runs that on his truck. The only place I would really benefit from it is on dry hardpack, where my cars are squirly. Other than that, let them cheat, or lets call it a driving aid. I have features designed into mine where some may cry foul as well, stating "That isn't scale!". If there isn't a big demand from this group or any others for that matter, there still are about 50+ trophy truck guys that are in, scratch builds alone.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I'm just messing around anyway. I don't have a TT to run in that class. Do you have an idea of where in SoCal this would take place? Gna mention it to some friends that have TT
Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Riverside, Barstow and Ocotillo, not necessarily in that order. Number of participants and where they come from should determine the venue. May try Fiesta Island as well.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Riverside, Barstow and Ocotillo, not necessarily in that order. Number of participants and where they come from should determine the venue. May try Fiesta Island as well.

Desert/Baja Style Race Your Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desert/Baja Style Racing MAC FAB U4RC 58 05-26-2017 07:36 AM
West Desert Waltz ultra4 race blackflag Videos! 1 03-28-2015 02:54 AM
A day with a H1 Race Truck and the desert... Bellvis Chit Chat 13 01-17-2011 07:45 AM
Another SCX Desert style Robbob Axial SCX-10 16 09-30-2010 05:20 AM