Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Thinking Of Getting An Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Thinking Of Getting An Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

Hey guys! I'm thinking of picking up an Axial RR10 Bomber kit on my way home from work on Friday, to give me something to do for the weekend. I was planning on having some fun at the track this weekend, but an after-work accident yesterday cancelled that plan. I just bought my new 2016 Corvette Z06 a week ago. Yesterday, I was sitting at a red light, I'm in the left lane( it's a two lane road), and there is a car next to me to my right. As I said, I just bought it a week ago, so I am still under the break in period of 500 miles ( I'm at 347 now), so I have to keep it under 4k RPM. I think you understand, when you got a 650 HP supercharged V8 under the hood and you can't floor it...It is so hard!! So, keeping it under 4k RPM, the light turns green, and I start to slowly accelerate. The car next to me must have wanted to race or something because he took off like a bat out of hell lol. So there is no car in the lane next to me for the moment. Next thing I know, I hear "SCREEEEEETTTTCCCHHHH..." and I look to my right to find a car going through the red light and KABBOOOOOMMM!!! He plowed right into the passenger side of my car. He was going pretty fast, and he pushed me out of my lane and into the stopping line for the other side of the intersection and then some. So, waiting on insurance. I don't think it's totalled. Not too much damage. Anyways, I need to something to do this weekend. Can you please recommend some upgrades for it as well? I know the kit comes with the aluminum links and stuff. Also, please recommend a motor and ESC system, I'd like to maybe do 8th scale Castle setup. Thanks!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Using Tapatalk

Last edited by K.C.'s RV; 07-26-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Thinking Of Getting An Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

Here is a picture!

Last edited by THX_138; 08-01-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Sorry to hear about the ride. Looks like it handled the impact better than I would've expected. You'll prob get all sorts of advice but it would be good to know what you plan to do with the bomber. Built mine for crawler first and a trail rig. I'm running the Holmes hobbies puller pro 540 2700kv and mamba monster X. Be a good idea to read through the "what powers your bomber thread." Good luck on the car, hopefully it's not too bad.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Thanks a lot man. Yeah, it sucks, but as you said, compared to the other car, it held up much better haha. When I first went to look at it, I was expecting serious damage because of how loud it was... but nope! I'm pretty sure it just needs a new passenger door and a bit of work on the edges of the quarter panels closest to the door. I plan on using it for mudding, Creek/rock crawling, jumps. So, a good balance of speed and torque would be good. If I get the Castle link when or if I do get the mamba monster x, I can tune it the way I want. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I hate seeing carnage like that.. Hope it gets fixed! But it looks to me like a Z51, not a Z06, but it's your car, not mine...
Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
I hate seeing carnage like that.. Hope it gets fixed! But it looks to me like a Z51, not a Z06, but it's your car, not mine...
Thanks man. Yeah, it's a Z06, but I out on a smaller spoiler. The plan is to get it looking like a base model Corvette, then when someone wants to race, the find out the hard way it's a Z06

Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
When a test fleet car is crashed before the actual production release... and the vehicle happens to be the much anticipated gen 7 Corvette... pics and stories become memorable. The pic above definitely looked familiar.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/h...tion-c7-crash/
Old 07-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Your thread is getting more Awkward with each of your posts.

Honestly, just delete this thread. Start over with just the specifics about your bomber and the questions you have regarding it. Everyone will forget this thread existed in a few hours. No big deal. No harm.

P.S. when you take pictures of somebody else's vehicles A) make sure they're not three years old. B) make sure the picture is the same model as the car you're talking about. And C) make sure the license plate isn't a manufacturer's license plate from Michigan that only manufacturers can get.

I'm excited to see your bomber build. This hobby is really fun.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 07-27-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I figured that wasn't your pic. Now I remember seeing it a couple years ago. You also didn't mention that the Z06 has tinted taillights and different wheels, as well as a different (fake) side intake... But that's just being nitpicky... I agree with powder4breakfast though... Try it again
Old 07-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
Your thread is getting more Awkward with each of your posts.

Honestly, just delete this thread. Start over with just the specifics about your bomber and the questions you have regarding it. Everyone will forget this thread existed in a few hours. No big deal. No harm.

P.S. when you take pictures of somebody else's vehicles A) make sure they're not three years old. B) make sure the picture is the same model as the car you're talking about. And C) make sure the license plate isn't a manufacturer's license plate from Michigan that only manufacturers can get.

I'm excited to see your bomber build. This hobby is really fun.
It gives me option to hard delete or soft delete. What do I do?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I'm sure either will work. No big deal either way.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'s RV View Post
It gives me option to hard delete or soft delete. What do I do?

Flip a coin? but then you'd have to decide which is going to be heads or tails...so flip a coin on whether heads is soft or hard, then flip to decide.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a Vette person and did not recognize the pic. Seriously, WTF? That link has the pic that is now deleted and I remember thinking when I first saw the posted pic that it must've been some old person that smashed it. Now I'm thinking why in the hell someone would chose a preproduction car's photo to claim as their own.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Some guys to goof around on the net.I'm going to post pics of my Pinto.

https://youtu.be/RpbS00RNZhY
Old 07-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'s RV View Post
Hey guys! I'm thinking of picking up an Axial RR10 Bomber kit on my way home from work on Friday, to give me something to do for the weekend. I was planning on having some fun at the track this weekend, but an after-work accident yesterday cancelled that plan. I just bought my new 2016 Corvette Z06 a week ago. Yesterday, I was sitting at a red light, I'm in the left lane( it's a two lane road), and there is a car next to me to my right. As I said, I just bought it a week ago, so I am still under the break in period of 500 miles ( I'm at 347 now), so I have to keep it under 4k RPM. I think you understand, when you got a 650 HP supercharged V8 under the hood and you can't floor it...It is so hard!! So, keeping it under 4k RPM, the light turns green, and I start to slowly accelerate. The car next to me must have wanted to race or something because he took off like a bat out of hell lol. So there is no car in the lane next to me for the moment. Next thing I know, I hear "SCREEEEEETTTTCCCHHHH..." and I look to my right to find a car going through the red light and KABBOOOOOMMM!!! He plowed right into the passenger side of my car. He was going pretty fast, and he pushed me out of my lane and into the stopping line for the other side of the intersection and then some. So, waiting on insurance. I don't think it's totalled. Not too much damage. Anyways, I need to something to do this weekend. Can you please recommend some upgrades for it as well? I know the kit comes with the aluminum links and stuff. Also, please recommend a motor and ESC system, I'd like to maybe do 8th scale Castle setup. Thanks!

That's gotta suck! In a way, it was a good thing that another car hit you. I was about to laugh my ass off if you had lost it trying to race someone. I see clowns almost daily with more money than skill, driving cars that are way beyond what they can handle. Just last week, I had some assclown pass me in a Rouch mustang like I was going backwards. Not 8 seconds later, there he is, spinning around and around, ending the ride with the ass end making contact with the concrete wall. He jumps out to take a look and just has this look on his face...as I drive past laughing my ass off!!
Old 07-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
That's gotta suck! In a way, it was a good thing that another car hit you. I was about to laugh my ass off if you had lost it trying to race someone. I see clowns almost daily with more money than skill, driving cars that are way beyond what they can handle. Just last week, I had some assclown pass me in a Rouch mustang like I was going backwards. Not 8 seconds later, there he is, spinning around and around, ending the ride with the ass end making contact with the concrete wall. He jumps out to take a look and just has this look on his face...as I drive past laughing my ass off!!
Sorry dude, it's a joke lol. Nice story. Haha those racers are funny.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:10 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Default Thinking Of Getting An Axial RR10 Bomber Kit

Always read a few posts in any thread you start to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
Always read a few posts in any thread you start to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep

Old 07-30-2016, 06:53 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I usually read the last post and work my way forward.
Closed Thread

Thinking Of Getting An Axial RR10 Bomber Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial RR10 Bomber KIT available for Pre-Order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-31-2016 02:20 PM
Petition axial for RR10 bomber kit.... colorado chaos Axial RR10 Bomber 23 04-18-2016 07:25 AM
Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version? Wes S. Newbie General 11 04-10-2016 05:10 PM
MIP kit for Axial RR10 Bomber Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 9 03-25-2016 10:49 AM