Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber vs. Twin hammers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #1

Default Bomber vs. Twin hammers

I love both the look of the axial bomber and the vaterra twin hammers with locked front diff, and i really want a tuck that is both good at soeed and on the rocks. Any insight into both trucks is greatly appreciated. Also how is the bomber at its top end, how fast, how stable, how fun,etc. how it the twin hammers at crawling, does it get over rocks well with locked frong diff, does it high center often, the usual. Just want to buy the right truck.
Weichert crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Bomber vs. Twin hammers

They are very different to be honest. I own both and love both but I also have both converted to brushless and race them in the local U4RC competition.
The bomber is obviously a lot bigger than the Twin Hammers which is a true 1.9 IFS rig.
The bomber is a 2.2 rig that is really well designed. Stock (brushed) it is not quick. It crawls well and is actually quite stable at speed but needs some work if going to go brushless.
Twin Hammers is great fun, doesn't crawl as well as an SCX10 for example but does OK - does get caught up a little and high centre every now and then but the ability to switch gears and go quicker outweighs this for me
My verdict - get both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byrnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #3

Default Re: Bomber vs. Twin hammers

What mind of work is needed to get the bimber to speed.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Having put a Castle 3800 motor in mine you'd want metal driveshafts, metal suspension links, and heavier rod ends.
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

I made mine go fast.....I put a sidewinder 8th motor and have the 2 speed trans. To go fast you will absolutely need metal links, upgraded axle shafts, metal steering, aluminum wheels or the aluminum 6 lug adapters, and an extremely strong servo. I've busted 4or5 servos before I bought a savox 1231... And I broke that earlier this week.... Also clamp on servo horn.... Basically, if you wanna go fast it will cost you the price of a second car or more.
danielson94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #6
RCC Addict

A 3150 4 Pole Vanguard system on 3s is what i run in my RR10. No its not a crawler.

It's a no brainer win to the Bomber vs the Twin hammers.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #7

Where can i get a 2 speed for the bomber. I cant find one anywhere.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
RCC Addict

There's an SSD kit and an Axial kit, they're available everywhere. The transmission is shared with the Yeti.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #9

How does the 2 speed from axial work. All pictures I can find show it comes with no gears.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #10
RCC Addict

maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #11

Question Re: Bomber vs. Twin hammers

1 do you have a link to buy this
2 is tha ALL you need to use the 2 speed in the bomber
- if not, what else is needed?
Old 09-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

you'll need:
a bomber
2 speed kit
servo
radio with at least 3 channels.
DenisLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I sold my TH a few months back, and it's the only car I ever regret selling. It is super fun, fairly durable, and pretty capable. I have a bomber, and I love it! If I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with the bomber.... I put a sensored system in it and I can go slow and fast without the need for the 2 speed. My friend has a castle system, SSD 2 speed, and even in low gear it cogs a little bit. I run a pro4hd, and run the smallest pinion and largest spur that will fit under the gear case. I can go faster and slower than him.
I feel like the TH is a little more stable at speed, but the bomber is quite a bit more capable on technical stuff.
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
I sold my TH a few months back, and it's the only car I ever regret selling. It is super fun, fairly durable, and pretty capable. I have a bomber, and I love it! If I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with the bomber.... I put a sensored system in it and I can go slow and fast without the need for the 2 speed. My friend has a castle system, SSD 2 speed, and even in low gear it cogs a little bit. I run a pro4hd, and run the smallest pinion and largest spur that will fit under the gear case. I can go faster and slower than him.
I feel like the TH is a little more stable at speed, but the bomber is quite a bit more capable on technical stuff.
What is a sensored system, also, if I wanted 2 speed, will I need a new Hand Control unit with a switch, if so, what is recommended? I am just starting a new Bomber and want to upgrade speed. Thanks.
Fiendrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

I really like my TH... I built the kit and went brushless... One speed. I'm still working on the Bomber

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Vitamin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post

I'm running a ROC 412 (sensored) with RSX ESC in a Bomber and it doesn't cog at all. I try to shoot vid tomorrow.

Last edited by granite; 09-15-2017 at 04:14 PM.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendrunner View Post
What is a sensored system, also, if I wanted 2 speed, will I need a new Hand Control unit with a switch, if so, what is recommended? I am just starting a new Bomber and want to upgrade speed. Thanks.
A sensored system is a brushless motor with sensors on it, which help the ESC start it up smoothly without cogging (jerky movement). If you have the stock TTX300 radio you just need the 2 speed kit and a servo to make 2 speed work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #18

I have a twin hammers and have played with my buddies bomber and am now looking for a bomber. The twin hammers is a lot of fun but it isn't quite as durable as the bomber. My twin hammers has the 2 speed and that is a blast. If I get a bomber it will either get a nice sensored system or the two speed with a brushed motor. For me, the bomber better suits my style with a stronger drivetrain and more technical crawling.
Buchhop2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial bomber, axial rr10, vaterra twin hammers

Bomber vs. Twin hammers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Bomber King Of Hammers (Rc Edition) Running Video joerc2013 Scale Videos! 7 04-01-2016 08:07 PM
Twin Hammers cage on SCX chassis bouncer conversion aka Bounce Hammers! mce076 1.9 Scale Rigs 36 07-25-2015 02:16 AM
My Twin...Twin Hammers build start sanny632 Vaterra Twin Hammers 8 03-09-2014 12:01 PM
Savage00's Twinny Twin Twin Hammers Savage00 Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 09-19-2013 08:09 PM
Twin Hammers in Twin Cities? 89XJ Minnesota 7 05-06-2013 02:59 PM