Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #21

Default Re: Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathVirus View Post
Nvm I found the solution. Changed the motor timing on the castle sidewinder ESC from LOW to HIGH and wow that really fixed it. It runs so good now.

I guess bc the lower gearing gave it so punch but the high timing took a little bit of the punch away and gave it a little top end back. Now my ESC runs cooler bc of the low gearing while keeping the motor cool. After a solid 30mins of full throttle in the grass my temps were 126 ESC, 115 motor, and 86 battery. Ambient temp was 72.
A high timing basically weakens the magnetic field, allowing for a higher RPM given the same voltage. But the weakening of magnetic field comes at a cost. High timing puts lots of stress/heat to the ESC and motor. If your gearing and drive style remain the same, switching to high timing will definitely produce more heat.
wdiabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2018, 06:19 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Axial's soft sway bar was the right answer for me. Yes, it's a bit stiff, but that's why it works. There's still more than enough articulation for any crawling I get into, and by forcing the front axle to do most of the twisting, the truck is a lot more stable and predictable in hairy situations. I've experienced absolutely no negatives by adding the Axial sway bar.

That is what I have found - it works well once you get used to it.
IntrepidMercians is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bomber, rr10, springs, suspension, sway bar

Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HR Front Sway Bar for Bomber DowntownScience Axial RR10 Bomber 19 05-07-2022 04:26 PM