Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Xtreme racing frame rail Kit??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Xtreme racing frame rail Kit??

Thinking about trying one out, I've searched and can't seem to find an "end user" that actually owns one. I'm not looking to go monster truck, just wanted an option to try to get some weight lower/ more forward, shrinking the wheelbase, and running a clod body...

I'm positive I'll be switching back, but I can't get it out of my head. If it's absolute junk, I'll just pass...
Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Xtreme racing frame rail Kit??

Ended up guinea piggin and grabbing a carbon frame kit... figured what the hell! After 2 runs I can say, I'm glad I did. While I love the bomber in its original configuration, I'm a constant tinkerer. And at heart a truck guy. Anyway it performs awesome, swapped some things around, was able to get the battery on top of the radio box, so I could loose the battery tray and run the truck lower in the front. Currently running xt's in the rear, and 100mm fronts. Gonna swap back to 90mm fronts and 100mm rears. Here are some pics of my "Truck"!

Last edited by Lanky; 12-20-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:38 AM   #3

I didn't know this kit existed. Very cool. It looks like it would perform very well - much better than the stock Bomber platform.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Soo far I'm very happy... having the battery lower, more forward and centered seems to help when crawling and doing more technical climbs... the chassis doesn't like the shorter front shocks, so I've landed on 100mm power strokes in the front, and the Xt's in the rear. So far I'd say I haven't missed the stock bomber cage. Wired up some tail lights and the 6" proline light bar. So I'm hoping to get some time in tonight with the boy.

A few cool things about this chassis is a bunch of the scx10 parts fit. You can run a centered rear axle, my offset Currie truss clears and allows full bump in the rear. it ends up being lighter. Most of all it'll breathe life into your bomber once you get tired of it.

I ended up finding it on eBay mis listed, and won it as "best offer" for $50.... I don't think I would have paid $100 for it, however knowing what I know now, I probably would have spent the $100 for it.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #5

Wow , didn't know this was out there!! So how does it crawl? The bomber was my first real rc since I've been back into the hobby (started with a 2wd slash )..went crawling with a local group,and the sort of stock bomber and my lack of driving skills got my butt handed to me ..then I got a scx10 ii kit, and fell in love!!so here my poor bomber sits..will this kit make the bomber hang with or out perform a stock scx10 ii? ?heck if anything I'll just put mt tires on and make it a basher..lol anyway thanks for sharing!
GpRaMMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

which proline body mounts did you end up using?
MD ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...placement-kit/

They ended up working about perfect....
Old 01-01-2017, 12:03 AM   #8

ill sell my kit for 60$ shipped if your interested, its just not my cup of tea. Ultra4 fit me better. I have everything except the battery tray stuff. The carbon was hardened before use with CA glue.
Erolyobruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Been absolutely in love with this setup. Truck is just soo capable, and bad ass. I guess that's because at heart I'm a Pa Hillbilly. I did pickup a sweet deal on an old HPI Bronco body that I am going to fit to the bomber cage, and possibly go 1.9 with it...

Here is the new layout, flat out works awesome. I'm so impressed with it every time I have it out. it is super controllable even on HV4s / 3500kv. 100mm PS fronts SS springs 25wt, xt's in the rear 35wt blue spring bottom, yellow top. truck throws a 8ft rooster tail up some hill climbs in my woods!

Here are some more pics of the new and original body, I love them both, but im a sucker for a box chevy. I mounted a Proline 6" lightbar in each body, and used wraith tailights...

Old 01-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

This is not meant to sound insulting. Legitimate question. What makes this a "bomber kit"? How is this still a bomber? Looks like it replaces the upper cage. Does it replace the skid as well? What does it do to the geometry? Looks kinda like a SCX10 now.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
This is not meant to sound insulting. Legitimate question. What makes this a "bomber kit"? How is this still a bomber? Looks like it replaces the upper cage. Does it replace the skid as well? What does it do to the geometry? Looks kinda like a SCX10 now.

It's basically all bomber... minus the actual cage. No geometry changes. Still a bomber skid/ trans/transfer case/links/TA's/radio box.......

About the only thing in common with an SCX10 is that it uses an actual body. This is still 2.2 wheel'd still Wraith width axles, still bomber wheelbase.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I didn't know this kit existed. Very cool. It looks like it would perform very well - much better than the stock Bomber platform.
X2, wow very nice setup Lanky, your battery forward and low really helps!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Got my JEC stainless trailing arms... Reset my pinion angle due to going to a shorter length. Pulled off the XT's again, Swapped on a set of 100mm PS's, Landed on Green/ green springs/ 45wt fluid. Ended up grabbing a set of Proline front wheel hex's,pins, nuts from their MT. Threw on my yeti's wheel/tire package. Charged up my 4s packs to 4.35v p/cell. woke up this am to snow...... At least I think it looks wicked!

I love the versatility of this chassis... have a race truck in the morning, crawler mid day, and a monster truck basher by sundown. I also must say I'm glad I listened to the forum about JEC arms.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I got mine through SuperShafty a week ago, waiting on the remaining links that JEC makes for the Bomber direct from him.... can't wait!

If i ever finish building my upgraded RR10, I'll have practically enough parts left over to use this frame rail kit to make a 2nd one, with my unused 2200kv HH PP brushless...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Does the frame have pretty good rigidity? Doesn't have any twist to it?
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I got mine through SuperShafty a week ago, waiting on the remaining links that JEC makes for the Bomber direct from him.... can't wait!

If i ever finish building my upgraded RR10, I'll have practically enough parts left over to use this frame rail kit to make a 2nd one, with my unused 2200kv HH PP brushless...

You'll be Blown away by the sheer simplicity. I'm ordering a set of his TA's for my yeti and Baja Rey as well. I tossed and turned over getting TH length or Wraith. knowing myself I'll probably grab a set of hammers for them crawling with the kids days.

Every time I look through your thread, I think to myself, "this is the most patient guy ever" Now will you please build and thrash on that Bomber Please!!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
Does the frame have pretty good rigidity? Doesn't have any twist to it?
it is super rigid being carbon... it does have some engineered "flex" to it, no more then the bomber cage. I don't look at this setup as a replacement for the bomber cage in anyway shape or form. In fact every time I see this pic of my bomber, I want to swap back

I'm just having fun with this setup at the moment. I have been Blown away with the setup flexibility of this chassis option. I guess I didn't intend to like it nearly as much as I do.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Would this chassis work with an scx trans instead of the bomber trans?
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I believe DMG has an adaptor plate to adapt the scx/ax10 style trans to a bomber skid...

This chassis attaches to the bomber skid. So any items that are compatible with the bomber skid will work.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
I believe DMG has an adaptor plate to adapt the scx/ax10 style trans to a bomber skid...

This chassis attaches to the bomber skid. So any items that are compatible with the bomber skid will work.
Hey all.
I love my bomber the way it is with the cage. I was looking at upgrades for it and came across the frame rails.
My question is, will the stock rr10 cage fit over the frame as if its a body that can then be easily removed?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Chuck_Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Xtreme racing frame rail Kit?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frame rail measurement. offroad1911 Axial SCX-10 3 02-01-2012 08:02 PM
Frame rail length Crawlerguy851 Newbie General 1 04-04-2006 07:39 PM
bruiser frame rail dimensions XCUTIONER Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 07-22-2005 06:06 PM