Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber Shocks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

Default Bomber Shocks!

So I wanted to upgrade my stock stock, so I picked up these "RC4WD King Off-Road Short Course Racing Shocks". They say they are for the Slash rear, they are 110mm. I got 2 sets of 4, they fit great from what I can tell no rubbing or binding. Has anyone tried running these before? I have not tested them yet because I am waiting for the stiffer spring due to the fact that the rear sags to much. Let me know what you guys think or if you ran these. Here is a link for the part.
RC4WD King Off-Road Short Course Racing Shocks (Slash Rear) (110mm)
Neodous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

Default Re: Bomber Shocks!

Do you have the RTR or the kit? Those RC4WD King shocks are a downgrade over the stock Bomber kit shocks IMO. That price is insane. For that price get the ProLine shocks. You'll have much better shocks for less.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Do you have the RTR or the kit? Those RC4WD King shocks are a downgrade over the stock Bomber kit shocks IMO. That price is insane. For that price get the ProLine shocks. You'll have much better shocks for less.
Have the RTR and has looking to get rid of the plastic parts of the King shocks that come with the Bomber. I priced out the upgrade kit from Axial and it was going to be $70 so I got these for $80.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodous View Post
Have the RTR and has looking to get rid of the plastic parts of the King shocks that come with the Bomber. I priced out the upgrade kit from Axial and it was going to be $70 so I got these for $80.
People sell the kit version of the Bomber shocks all the time. In fact, I bought a set for something like $40 shipped for all 4 still new in the package. You can find them in the classifieds here or on eBay.

If you're splurging and spending lots of money you can't beat the ProLine shocks.

EDIT: Ouch, I didn't realize you had already purchased the shocks. I personally don't like them at all. Some people have good luck with them, but many don't.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
People sell the kit version of the Bomber shocks all the time. In fact, I bought a set for something like $40 shipped for all 4 still new in the package. You can find them in the classifieds here or on eBay.

If you're splurging and spending lots of money you can't beat the ProLine shocks.

EDIT: Ouch, I didn't realize you had already purchased the shocks. I personally don't like them at all. Some people have good luck with them, but many don't.
Live and learn I guess lol. I have not used them only filled maybe I could return them lol. I will more then likely runt hem for the summer.

Last edited by Neodous; 02-05-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Yes..I purchased the KING's 110mm with reservoir for my 1st RR10 build and quickly found out the springs a WAY to soft for the rear, I then order the complete spring kit, black is the most firm, put two blacks on each shock, still to soft for my liking..I like to run the adjustment ring about half way, to allow for adjustment (softer or firmer) but still have to run the ring almost all the way down..the shocks look great for scale, but the makers idea of firm springs, is my idea of softest..the shocks look great, but if I was going to compete with this rig, the KING's would be first thing changed, probably Proline's would replace them, or put stock kit springs back on..
NWKENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

My almost complete 1st RR10 build with the scale KING's..my second build, that I just started couple days ago, with stock kit KING's..the 2nd shock package I will probably remove..just in prefit/test stages with the 2nd build, I really enjoy the look of the KING's but for competition, Proline shocks are my choice..
NWKENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Did you buy the set that is for the slash that aren't the small diameter? I bought those for the wraith and they are good shocks. Better after swapping in the stock wraith gold shock shafts. The pistons suck with huge amounts of flashings from the factory.

I have since gone proline slash f and r length.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
Yes..I purchased the KING's 110mm with reservoir for my 1st RR10 build and quickly found out the springs a WAY to soft for the rear, I then order the complete spring kit, black is the most firm, put two blacks on each shock, still to soft for my liking..I like to run the adjustment ring about half way, to allow for adjustment (softer or firmer) but still have to run the ring almost all the way down..the shocks look great for scale, but the makers idea of firm springs, is my idea of softest..the shocks look great, but if I was going to compete with this rig, the KING's would be first thing changed, probably Proline's would replace them, or put stock kit springs back on..
I dont have those one, I have the ones made for the rear of the Slash. They are much bigger.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible View Post
Did you buy the set that is for the slash that aren't the small diameter? I bought those for the wraith and they are good shocks. Better after swapping in the stock wraith gold shock shafts. The pistons suck with huge amounts of flashings from the factory.

I have since gone proline slash f and r length.
Ya I went with those fit nice I think, having a hard time getting them filled right.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

I used 45 weight in the kings that I had and helped out a bunch.
notajerryskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

BTW run them and see for yourself. If you don't like them you can easily off load them for close to what you paid.
notajerryskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Went with ProLine front & rear with mine

Short vid showing range of movement

NitritedCarbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #14

Ok so I am losing my mind with these shocks and bleeding them. I have tried every way that I have found to bleed them and have gotten no where. I have found that some times the shock bladder gets sucked into the shock shaft. The way I have been doing it is to fill the shock to the top and screw the cap on. All this seems to do is fully lock the shaft and it does not move. I have tried to leave the cap lose and compress the shock and screwing it down.

PLEASE HELP!!! LOL
Old 02-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #15

I think I have found the answer which is to cut the bladder and convert to a emulsion style shock.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Emulsion will work. I do it this way with bladders in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Fill 3/4, cycle wait cycle wait till the air is all gone. Shaft all the way out, fill to the top. Screw the cap on half way, hold at 45 with the bleed hole up. Compress the shaft all the way in, spin the shock body to fully tighten.

Does it waste some shock oil? Yup. But there's definitely no air left.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Yeah the shaft on these displaces so much oil that , without a second chamber to move the oil to they are really hard to bleed. I was able to keep the bladder but it took having the shaft in just the right spot when tightening the cap down.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #18

Ended up cutting the bladders but they where way to soft. I hit up Lowe's for some o-rings and they works great. Side note just ran my Bomber and blew out my 2nd servo lol.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I've got proline slash rears on the rear bomber. Should I go slash fronts on the front or rears all around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcardoza View Post
I've got proline slash rears on the rear bomber. Should I go slash fronts on the front or rears all around?

Or 93mm Gmade xd piggyback's as I'm wondering if 88mm is too short.

dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber Shocks! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the best shocks for U4 Bomber Bergm@n Axial RR10 Bomber 3 11-28-2016 04:22 AM
Shocks for Bomber TIshoel General Crawlers 0 06-14-2016 12:07 PM
Bomber shocks Mitchell72 Axial RR10 Bomber 12 03-27-2016 08:34 PM