Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Yota truggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 03:52 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Yota truggy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
geauxktm, is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

Method beadlocks is a good upgrade. Also took out the overdrive front gears, gotta shim those to make em work without blowing out bearings. Still solid, little more body damage haha
kennydoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoggins View Post

Method beadlocks is a good upgrade. Also took out the overdrive front gears, gotta shim those to make em work without blowing out bearings. Still solid, little more body damage haha

You ever find away to keep the hood? Like the pic where it was hinging from the original hood spot.
Carnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #64
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnaw View Post
You ever find away to keep the hood? Like the pic where it was hinging from the original hood spot.
Yeah, it just depends on how hard you drive your rig. You could get pretty technical if you don't abuse your truck. It ended up a bit too delicate for my taste. I have found that the more solid you keep the body, the better. Just get hairline cracks and the thing falls apart with too many body cuts. I plan on putting a scale engine in there and leaving the hood off. Alternatively, leaving the body together and using body pins on the bottom rear of the doors works pretty well too. That way you can hinge the whole body off the front like I originally had it. Also the cut out for the windshield didn't pan out for the same reasons I put above. Of course this all applies to my experience with the proline sr5 body. Other routes go other places
Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah, it just depends on how hard you drive your rig. You could get pretty technical if you don't abuse your truck. It ended up a bit too delicate for my taste. I have found that the more solid you keep the body, the better. Just get hairline cracks and the thing falls apart with too many body cuts. I plan on putting a scale engine in there and leaving the hood off. Alternatively, leaving the body together and using body pins on the bottom rear of the doors works pretty well too. That way you can hinge the whole body off the front like I originally had it. Also the cut out for the windshield didn't pan out for the same reasons I put above. Of course this all applies to my experience with the proline sr5 body. Other routes go other places
I was thinking the body hinge method like you said but if I can keep the normal bomber roof, throw some velcro on there. Ill have to play with it. Could you post or PM a straight shot of the side of the truck? Wanted to see how the windows line up with the interior.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was thinking the body hinge method like you said but if I can keep the normal bomber roof, throw some velcro on there. Ill have to play with it. Could you post or PM a straight shot of the side of the truck? Wanted to see how the windows line up with the interior.
Also like to see this as I'm about to start a jeep MJ Comanche truggy similar to this, already have a rough idea in my head but we all know how that goes, I already planned to leave as much in tact as I possibly could for rigidity.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Also like to see this as I'm about to start a jeep MJ Comanche truggy similar to this, already have a rough idea in my head but we all know how that goes, I already planned to leave as much in tact as I possibly could for rigidity.

I’d love a manche body on mine but I don’t know if it’d fit over the cage. I cut up a proline jk body I had and it did not work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Default Yota truggy

Quote:

It really lines up great, windshield angle is pretty good too.

Last edited by kennydoggins; 09-24-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

Quote:

It really lines up great, windshield angle is pretty good too.

Hmm lol thank you!! I was worried about that windshield lining up.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

Ok folks I'm running a hood again. Work in progress, I've got a new body that will be together pretty soon. But I'm happy with the "hinge" situation. Just running a winch line over the top rather than something that would break. Because we run these things pretty hard. It's a good setup for me.

I'll catch up with you all when I finish the body, still sr5 for sure, and until then check it out. Scale nerd points

Old 10-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
ok folks i'm running a hood again. Work in progress, i've got a new body that will be together pretty soon. But i'm happy with the "hinge" situation. Just running a winch line over the top rather than something that would break. Because we run these things pretty hard. It's a good setup for me.

I'll catch up with you all when i finish the body, still sr5 for sure, and until then check it out. Scale nerd points

pumped to see it!
Old 10-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
I am digging this rig!
I just traded for my bomber and it's already pretty legit but I am looking at a truggy.
I like how you worknit out.
I am in the east bay. PM me next time your out. I would like to run thoose spots.
Hey I tried to PM you but it didn't go through, maybe check your settings? Let's meet up sometime, we've been going to shell ridge in walnut creek, it's good.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #73
Rock Stacker

Process pics:

Old 10-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

Shot a few photos of the new body before its maiden voyage. Stoked with the rear cab window, closed cab whatever. That took a little doin. This thing is going to get thrashed before long

Probably cut the side windows out after while. I wanted to do one all broken, window glass out of the rails looking. It's pretty slick as-is though and definitely stronger with less holes in it. Everything in moderation. That's a thing they say.

I like it, pretty psyched how it turned out. And I didn't make any horrible mistakes this time hahahahahahahahaaaa

Last edited by kennydoggins; 10-16-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #75
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Shot a few photos of the new body before its maiden voyage. Stoked with the rear cab window, closed cab whatever. That took a little doin. This thing is going to get thrashed before long

Probably cut the side windows out after while. I wanted to do one all broken, window glass out of the rails looking. It's pretty slick as-is though and definitely stronger with less holes in it. Everything in moderation. That's a thing they say.

I like it, pretty psyched how it turned out. And I didn't make any horrible mistakes this time hahahahahahahahaaaa

Dudeeeee this looks slick af. How is the body being held on? I may need to order one of these bodies now haha.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #76
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Dudeeeee this looks slick af. How is the body being held on? I may need to order one of these bodies now haha.
Thanks man. 2 bolts and some copper wire. Look at the PROLINE stickers on the door, you'll see a bolt on each side. The wire on the front quarter panel just forms the panels closer to the tube frame for aesthetics.

I would suggest starting this whole s**t show by using the hood hinge all the way up front, leave the body all together, and anchor the back with the bolts I still use on the current setup. Earlier on in this thread there's pictures of that configuration. I just got tired of screwing and unscrewing the bolts for every battery change. There are threaded body pin setups though. Plenty of options.. sort of. Trial and error, problem-solving, failing all part of the package deal.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks man. 2 bolts and some copper wire. Look at the PROLINE stickers on the door, you'll see a bolt on each side. The wire on the front quarter panel just forms the panels closer to the tube frame for aesthetics.

I would suggest starting this whole s**t show by using the hood hinge all the way up front, leave the body all together, and anchor the back with the bolts I still use on the current setup. Earlier on in this thread there's pictures of that configuration. I just got tired of screwing and unscrewing the bolts for every battery change. There are threaded body pin setups though. Plenty of options.. sort of. Trial and error, problem-solving, failing all part of the package deal.
Dumb questions, i see the whole bungee cord winch line on a lot of trucks whats the reasoning? lol
Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #78
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Dumb questions, i see the whole bungee cord winch line on a lot of trucks whats the reasoning? lol
For this setup it's to hold the hood down. Best method I have found for having a "working" hood. Any other sort of connector would just break anyway.

For the recovery strap/winch line hooked up like this in real life, there could be a few reasons. If you're out wheeling and using your winch a lot, you don't want to spool it up every time, etc. Stuff like that.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
For this setup it's to hold the hood down. Best method I have found for having a "working" hood. Any other sort of connector would just break anyway.

For the recovery strap/winch line hooked up like this in real life, there could be a few reasons. If you're out wheeling and using your winch a lot, you don't want to spool it up every time, etc. Stuff like that.
in many cases in the 1:1 world, your winch line is anchored in this position while on the trail so that if you get stuck in a deep hole or water crossing, you can get out your window and onto your hood to access your winch line without submerging yourself ask me how i know... this method is only really effective for synthetic line applications where you utilize a fairly heavy thimble and can toss it to solid ground to a second party who will fasten it to your anchor point.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #80
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
in many cases in the 1:1 world, your winch line is anchored in this position while on the trail so that if you get stuck in a deep hole or water crossing, you can get out your window and onto your hood to access your winch line without submerging yourself ask me how i know... this method is only really effective for synthetic line applications where you utilize a fairly heavy thimble and can toss it to solid ground to a second party who will fasten it to your anchor point.
Ahh makes sense. lol When I take the 1:1 down to rausch I stay clear of water haha.

Yota truggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CC Yota truggy dkchance74 Duratrax Cliff Climber 12 09-10-2013 09:53 PM
**One more Yota Truggy!** R2j 1.9 Scale Rigs 104 12-17-2010 02:52 PM
Yet another Yota truggy Jester666 2.2 Scale Rigs 94 08-23-2010 03:48 PM