Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Axial Bomber IFS DMG reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

Default Axial Bomber IFS DMG reviews

I was going to get an Axial Bomber because it will be suited for speed compared to my wraith. Now realizing, I don't know if I would be crawling much anymore and a yeti interested me for speed but not too much on crawling. Instead, I found that DMG made in ifs kit for the bomber. Just wondering if any of you guys(or girls) have this kit and like it for bashing and speed.
Dawson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial Bomber IFS DMG reviews

Bashing and speed? You might want to look the Losi Rock Rey.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Bashing and speed, Losi TEN-SCBE or -MT.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Or that if you want full independent suspension.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Do a search here for "B1B" and you'll find plenty of build threads. Closest thing you are going to get.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you like speed go for B2B : The DmG's - B2B I/S Bomber
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

DMG mod kits are top notch, I highly recommend them. I have a B1B and B2B. The B2B has most of my attention now because it's a blast to drive fast. My plan this week is to onvert it into a crawler with a locked front and gearing it down (only locked rear right now with 20 mil in front). With an open front, it's very stable at high speeds. The B1B sufferes from the tail kick much like the Yeti does. It's possible to get that under control with shock tuning, sway bar, etc, but it I can never seem to get it perfected.

I have a few friends that have Rock Reys and they've let me put a few batteries through them. I've done a few upgrades for one buddy. They are fun to drive but working on them is a PITA. I'm sure after owning one for an extended time it won't seem as bad to work on them. All of them have upgraded servos, Vanquish rear axles, and swapped tires to Hyrax or U4s with CI foams. The servo and tire swap seem to make the biggest difference. I want one because, well......RC!.

The DMG kits are different and take some effort to build and tune. If you like to tinker, mod, tweak, and wrench as much as you enjoy driving, then I highly recommend picking one up. If you just want to charge batteries and bash, then they may not be you. You'll also want to make sure you have the parts required. If you can get an Yeti (B1B) or Exo (B2B) slider, it makes it pretty easy to complete the build.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Can't say it any better than what Deckard said.

If you have to go with one, I would go with the B2B.
It would be a little more work involved to put together, but this is the best version of the Bomber to date.
Will handle high speed very well and it crawls pretty well too.

One of my favorite parts of this hobby is the building and tinkering. You'll know your rig inside out and if a situation arises, you'll know how to fix it.

Good luck!
*Old* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I guess one is turning a truck into something totally different with just the tiny core of the truck remaining (B2B) for a great deal of expense and time...the other is buying a basically off the shelf truck.

The Yeti is a great vehicle but you (like the Bomber) need to spend up to have it reliable on 3S; you want it even moderately fast and you basically spend the cost of the kit or RTR rig on top of the cost of the RTR/Kit price. That is a bare minimum I'd say without going all blinged up billet.

Or...you can buy a Rock Rey. It's not as scale, it's a bit of a bear to work on but depending on how crazy fast you want to go, you may need to basically do nothing to it and it costs around the RTR Yeti/Bomber price.

On 2S the Rock Rey is just as fast as a 3S Yeti with the 3150kv motor. On 3S, the RR is like a 4S Yeti. If you're happy with 2S, then you basically can drive/bash/jump/trail a totally stock RR without any issues from my experience. Mine has had loads of driving and I put on a $10 aluminium servo horn. Nothing else has bent, broken or caused a moment of annoyance. If you want crazy speeds, then you need a third member for about $30 and maybe need a aluminium front diff housing which currently does not exist. I imagine with these mods, the truck would be easily 3S/crazy fast tough. Add servo, wheels/tyres etc to your liking.

The RR is definitely my pick for a basher/rock racer out of the three trucks as the Bomber whilst it gets a lot of love and I personally love it, really doesn't seem the right truck to go fast with. Too high, narrow and turning it into a Yeti still doesn't make it as good as a buggy or SCT for the quick stuff.

It's all down to someone's passion and interests. A B2B would be a great custom truck to build and lavish time on over a period and own long term though I'd personally probably stick with the Bomber forte myself which is bouncing and get a RR as well (which is what I personally did anyway).

All good choices!
CoolRunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Wow, this Rock Rey sounds like a beast! I may have to look into one.
How does it perform in the Crawling dept? Like a Yeti or? That's a serious question, as I haven't even googled up this rig yet.

But the Bomber, whether it be Solid, B1B or B2B, is a great all around performer. All 3 can crawl pretty well, not Comp Crawler greatness, but well enough that you won't fall behind on the trails either.

The B2B is very controllable at mid 20s mph, and possibly more.
*Old* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #11
RCC Addict

The Rey will crawl decently after you lock the diffs.

Axial Bomber IFS DMG reviews - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's DMG IFS B1B Bomber Build bilinvic Axial RR10 Bomber 375 04-11-2024 07:56 AM