Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: underpowered electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default underpowered electronics

I bet no one went this rout b4 lol, I bought a bomber kit, went broke and had to put in electronics laying around my basement, which consisted of

-Savox SC-0254MG $29
-GOOL 45A brushless esc/motor combo $40

so,, the thing boogies 4sure, but since noticed the brand new servo doesn't really turn that well when the truck is on the ground idle.
it turns full range just fine when I'm holding it, and when its in motion, but that's it, otherwise it barely turns.

ok so that's my first issue, and yes I'm guessing the answer prob lies somewhere around "don't get crap electronics and expect something good"

which brings me to my 2nd question now that I'm only "sort of broke" at this point in time, it seems the mmx is pretty popular, ide be down for this esc absolutely, but would like to keep my interior, can I make it fit? and would I need an external bec with an esc of this caliber?

*keep in mind ill keep it on the workbench til I get the 3500 puller pro, and wont try and match it to my gool motor, my bday next month and was going to bother the wife for the motor as it seems very popular as well.

so yea, will the mmx fit and is my servo just sub par investment.
no I do not run an external bec.
be kind I'm only a year into the hobby
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: underpowered electronics

yes, you servo is your problem. Also look into using a BEC or if you want a Holmes SHV500 servo. The Protek servos are awesome too, as well as tried and true Hitec 7950. None of these servos are cheap.

I believe a MMP would fit, however if you're into Holmes gear, why not use his BLE? Same case as the MMP but no fan, and better firmware. I use one in my rig.
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #3

I have the MMX in my Bomber with a Puller Pro 3500kV. The 3500kV is a little fast for my liking, but I'm more trailing and scale crawling oriented so I prefer the ROC412 3100kV. But yes, you can have the MMX and still use the interior. Mine is velcroed to the cop of my receiver box.

Here are two "inexpensive" servo options that I have and like. The TS-170 is in my monster truck and the RC Gear Shop is in my Bomber.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPHD6&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=LXFWGV

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 06-09-2017 at 01:30 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks so much for the help fellas so a castle bec is a must?
Old 06-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'd recommend the Mamba X ESC. No external BEC needed. And it has an aux wire that can plug into your 3rd channel on your receiver that can control all sorts of functions from your radio. I like it to be programmed to adjust the drag brake on the fly. With that being said, I've only been in the hobby about a year as well so the other guys probably know better than I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcharger View Post
I'd recommend the Mamba X ESC. No external BEC needed. And it has an aux wire that can plug into your 3rd channel on your receiver that can control all sorts of functions from your radio. I like it to be programmed to adjust the drag brake on the fly. With that being said, I've only been in the hobby about a year as well so the other guys probably know better than I.

I think ya just sold me on the mmx
Old 06-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Mamba X or Mamba Monster X are your best choices. Factory waterproof, aux wire, and plenty powerful internal switching BEC. Holmes BLE is nice but not as nice and more expensive while also needing an external BEC. MMP is obsolete and on its way out. Tekin is flat out overpriced and doesn't come close to the features of either castle I mentioned. For a good budget choice look at Hobbywing. They are very good quality and performance and should be put on your short list.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Cool. This is the Mamba X. I'm not sure what the differences are between it and the Mamba Monster X. They're also around the same price range.

Fishcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Man those things are nasty looking! I think I'm on the right track with the roc412 and mmx.

This is some serious informative stuff u guys are throwing around much appreciated
Old 06-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #10

The Mamba X is much smaller and Robert@Castle says it's fine for a Bomber so I would go with that. The Mamba X wasn't out when I bought my MMX.

Castle ESCs are nice looking these days. A huge improvement over the old products.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #11

I have the sidewinder 3 in my touring car and the mmx in my yeti xl and I would highly recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #12

I'm running the mamba x in my bomber with the Holmes hobbies puller pro stubby 2700kv and am very happy with it.
Triggerforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Mamba X or Mamba Monster X are your best choices. Factory waterproof, aux wire, and plenty powerful internal switching BEC. Holmes BLE is nice but not as nice and more expensive while also needing an external BEC. MMP is obsolete and on its way out. Tekin is flat out overpriced and doesn't come close to the features of either castle I mentioned. For a good budget choice look at Hobbywing. They are very good quality and performance and should be put on your short list.
X's 2.

The Mamba X is a well thought out esc. It has the same features as the Mamba Monster X but in a much smaller package. Castle no longer even makes the Mamba Max Pro, its sensor port was finicky too. The X's ports for the sensor wire consist of an external wire that makes for even more room for putting the esc in tighter places, removable fan, can't go wrong with them. I would narrow down to recommending the small but powerful "Mamba X".
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I've got a Mamba X and MMX in my SCX10 II and Bomber, respectively. Haven't had them for very long yet, but I would personally recommend the larger MMX for the Bomber because I can regularly run it to a point where the thermally controlled fan is on for long periods of time. I think the Mamba X might struggle with heat dissipation given its smaller size (although it does have an aluminum case). My opinion, if you can make it fit, go for the MMX.
maverick67 is offline   Reply With Quote

underpowered electronics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone with a BEC electronics post a picture of electronics please. mkilci Axial SCX10 II 3 01-17-2017 05:42 PM
Wraith underpowered and loud noise? lsu60driver Axial Wraith 14 09-21-2012 04:05 PM
lowering the body and the electronics getting the electronics in a waterproof box m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 15 10-01-2011 07:45 PM
New Hitec servos a bit underpowered MadForce Electronics 2 04-22-2010 07:32 AM
Underpowered ESC firebat45 Electronics 7 04-24-2008 04:46 PM