Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: HH BLE Pro settings with the 2-speed tranny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

Default HH BLE Pro settings with the 2-speed tranny

Hello,
Total newb here. Sorry for the cross post from the electronics forum--I figured maybe this is a more appropriate place for my question. I've done quite a bit of reading on the forum and I am impressed with the depth and breadth of knowledge here.

I have hit a point where I have a few questions I can't find conclusive answers to. I'm building an RR10 based around Holmes Hobbies electronics. I've got a BLE Pro, a Puller Pro 3500kv standard, and an SHV500 for steering. I'm also going to run the Axial 2-speed kit, powering the shift servo through a Castle BEC.

Could you folks comment on the ESC settings? Based on comments I've found here on the forum, I'm starting with the following:

Auto LiPo @ 3.2v
Crawler Reverse
Brake 50%
Drag 30%
Max forward 100%
Max reverse 30%
Punch 30%
Start power Medium
BEC 5.5v
Arming time 1.5s
Throttle dead band Average
Sensorless timing Normal (10)
Motor type Smart Sense Brushless
Throttle and brake curves exponential

Any recommendations different than above, considering that I'll be running the 2-speed tranny? I'll obviously trial and tweak, but appreciate any direction that gets me on the right path.

Also, I'm assuming the internal BEC voltage setting should be left at default (5.5v) because the SHV500 powers direct from the battery and the shift servo is running on the external BEC? I'm running a Futaba RX. Any reason to change the ESC BEC voltage?

Thanks for your time.
Hazenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: HH BLE Pro settings with the 2-speed tranny

You might want to up your reverse max. That's all I see in my limited brushless knowledge.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HH BLE Pro settings with the 2-speed tranny

I would increase the lipo a little, maybe 3.4 or 3.5.

Also, I would put both throttle and reverse to 100% and set it on the Radio instead. Easier to make adjustments there. Same with the curves - set it on the radio.

Others look OK but are more preference so you will know as you play with it more and adjust.

and Yes, SHV500 is direct off battery, but the BEC voltage could be used for lighting if you have it.
*Old* is offline   Reply With Quote

HH BLE Pro settings with the 2-speed tranny - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes BLE Pro, Puller Pro, SHV500 settings Hazenhart Electronics 0 06-11-2017 11:18 AM
HH TrailMaster BLE ESC and PullerPro 3500Kv castlelink settings Benson33 Electronics 2 08-22-2015 11:57 AM