Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber electronics setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Bomber electronics setup

I've built my bomber with a Xerun SCT Pro 120A ESC and a Xerun 3656SD 3400kv motor on 2s LiPo.
It backflips when accelerating and flips forward immediately when I let throttle go.
Powerful motor though as my Bomber is quite heavy and it flips really easy forward or backward...
I have switched the standard gearing for Robinson Racing spur & pinion setup with the same sizes as stock.

Any tips on a good setup for mainly trail running and light crawling with it?
Currently drag brake is 100%, max brake 100%, initial brake = drag brake and punch is at level 9.
So all is set at maximum, it was delivered to me this way, and not on the default settings...

I'd probably need some drag brake for the light crawling, enough for it to not roll backwards, and low enough for it to not flip when I let throttle go on higher speeds, but some tips on the settings are appreciated as it is my first higher end brushless crawler/trailer

Also as the Xerun multifunction LCD program box needs both the signal cable to the receiver and another cable to the program port connected so I need to pull the Bomber apart every time I want to change settings in my ESC, not an ideal situation, how do you guys do that?
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2017, 05:33 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bomber electronics setup

I'll try to answer a few things with my opinion based on my experience with two Bombers and a Wraith.

1. Make sure your Tx/Rx is properly calibrated for the ESC. This will ensure a proper throttle band.

2. Practice good throttle control. With that much power, you simply cannot just pull and release the trigger. Ease into it and know your controls. Obviously, you don't need throttle at 100% probably ever. Lol.

3. I mounted my receiver under the hood of my Bomber. Wertymade makes an electronics plate that mounts under there beautifully. I'm a cheap bastard so I made my own. It's WAY easier to program your ESC, etc.

4. I have 4 HobbyWing ESC/motor combos. None of them require two connections to my programming card. The card has two slots, but I only plug in to one of them. Either works.

I hope that helps a little. Just play with your drag brake. Unfortunately, HobbyWing doesn't have and adjustable brake on the fly like the Castle Mamba X. It makes going from crawling to trailing much more enjoyable.
slowmethinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the answers!

I calibrated everything before taking it out for the first test drive.

I'll check out the electronics plate, seems a good solution for me.

I use the LCD Program box, this does require a separate cable and the signal cable to the receiver both to be connected, had to contact Hobbywing for this, as the manual states that only the program cable in the program port is enough.
Hobbywing informed me this is a fault in the manual of the ESC and I should use both cables, and this works as expected

And yes, I need to get used to that much power, got multiple 3500-5000kv motors in my other vehicles, but the 3656SD is a much more powerful motor than all of those.
100% throttle, top speed is fun even when accelerating slowly, but probably won't ever need or use it when out on the trails.
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:34 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

If you haven't already changed out the axle shafts, be prepared to. I wasn't 5 minutes into my first pack on a roc412 and sheared both front shafts clean.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber electronics setup - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bomber electronics temp maverick67 Axial RR10 Bomber 4 06-10-2017 08:25 PM
What are good Bomber electronics? Weichert crawling Axial RR10 Bomber 1 09-15-2016 06:10 PM