Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber set up information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Bomber set up information.

The back story. My son has always wanted to run the buggy track at the local hobby store, and as a reward for being brave when getting a pallet expander in I broke down and took him to it on the way home.

All we have to run on it was his traxxas 2wd bigfoot. Needless to say he had an absolute blast. The track is 45 minutes from home and there is no way I am getting a track vehicle for just that.

Now we have lots of woods, hiking trails and gravel walking trail near the house, as well as grass fields and parks.

If I was to do a bomber kit, re gear, put it on 3's and go brushless. Would it be possible to have a decent trail rig, that would have enough speed that he might still find the track fun. Im talking a 8 year old here, the speed of the bigfoot on the stock nimh battery was perfect for him.

I understand this is possible, I have seen enough of the builds, but not having seen one in person I have no perspective on speed. Which is what I am struggling with in deciding to buy one. Is the 2 speed trans a viable option?

Im sure a yeti would be better, but I want a solid front axle, and losing grip/sliding around loose gravel and dirt is fine by me.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 10-11-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #2

Default Re: Bomber set up information.

The Bomber with the Castle Mamba X ESC sounds perfect! That would allow you to have a go-fast and crawler/trail rig all in one. The Bomber isn't the best at speed because it will rollover on tight turns when there is traction. But if you slow it down for him it shouldn't roll more than his Bigfoot.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #3

Default Re: Bomber set up information.

If you keep the diffs locked in the Bomber, it's going to handle very poorly. His Bigfoot is going to be a much better track truck than the Bomber can ever be. Slap a set of stadium truck wheels & tires on the Bigfoot and it'll get around a course pretty well. If you really want a 2nd vehicle to track, I'd suggest a used stadium truck or 2wd buggy. There's plenty out there for under $100. For an 8 year old that's bound to crash it constantly, a used ECX Circuit, Boost or Amp would be ideal. They don't handle like an Associated or Losi buggy, but they do ok, and are bullet proof at brushed motor speeds.

You'll end up spending over $100 trying to get the Bomber to turn anyway, so just build the bomber for the trails and get a cheap track car.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber set up information. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marx train set information. snapon boy Chit Chat 11 08-28-2016 08:08 PM
Best Bomber shock set up? 1BAMFR Axial RR10 Bomber 3 02-19-2016 01:03 PM