Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Maine Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Maine Bomber

Couldn't wait any longer...painted today...kept things warm, ran outside sprayed my panels quickly and rN everything back to dry with a hair dryer... didn't stink the house up too much. I'm not sure if I like how things came out yet. It's hard to tell in the pics but the room is pearl white, other 3 panels are silver with blue trim and the intake on the hood is gunmetal.... ohh and you can see the vinal I've added. I had in my head a WWII bomber theme....not sure it's really comming out quite right...might scap the while idea not sure yet. Feel free to be honest, not even sure I like it lol.

Another annoyance...the side panel pre-drilled screw holes are too close together lengthwise which makes the panel bow out....
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chris81; 03-18-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Packages on the doorstep today!!! ....no not the replacement parts for the kit unfortunately....NEW SHOES!! Ssd wheels and PL tsl xl tires....BIG. Hope the arnt too big...more pics to come!
Cheers

Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
Couldn't wait any longer...painted today...kept things warm, ran outside sprayed my panels quickly and rN everything back to dry with a hair dryer... didn't stink the house up too much. I'm not sure if I like how things came out yet. It's hard to tell in the pics but the room is pearl white, other 3 panels are silver with blue trim and the intake on the hood is gunmetal.... ohh and you can see the vinal I've added. I had in my head a WWII bomber theme....not sure it's really comming out quite right...might scap the while idea not sure yet. Feel free to be honest, not even sure I like it lol.

Another annoyance...the side panel pre-drilled screw holes are too close together lengthwise which makes the panel bow out....
Take a body reamer tool and enlarge the holes on the door panels.
I did that for my roof and it helped a little. The cap head screws are bigger than the holes so it won't show much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Take a body reamer tool and enlarge the holes on the door panels.
I did that for my roof and it helped a little. The cap head screws are bigger than the holes so it won't show much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Good call....not sure why I didn't think of that lol...all I was think was power tool related haha

Old 03-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Wow...my fingers hurt. There are a lot of screws that need locktite...put together the wheels, put locktite on everything too so hopefully those little bolts stay put. I'm really happy with the tire wheel combo, the SSD wheels with proline inner went together SUPER easy. Not sure if I really needed to go with the TSL XL tire... but too late now!! My ascender 1.9 TSL tire/wheels look tiny now lol. I threw in a a a couple comparison pics of the new tires next to the stock just for those of you who are more visual. I know sizes are listed everywhere...but sometimes you've just gotta see it!

I'm getting closer everyday to just buying my missing parts. I still am painting the interior and detailing so I have a little more to do before I want to get it dirty, but it want be long and I'll REALLY want to be driving it.

My new battery came today to. I bought a floureon 3s 5000mAh battery. I have a couple 2s batteries for the ascenders but thought it would be fun to have a little more get up and go from the 3s.
Cheers!

Old 03-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Emailed hobbico again today to get an ETA on parts since I'm getting close to the 3 weeks they originally told me....end of April now, I'm wondering if the hobbico bankruptcy may be contributing. Anyway I'm tired of waiting, ordered the part tree on ebay for $15. Done. A little more detail painting left to do, I should have my parts by mid week then I'll be rolling...as long as the snow stays away...still have a lot of melting to do.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

While I wait for my parts I've been detailing a little. I think it's comming together pretty good the more I do to it. Should have my rear shock mounts this week.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Parts come in today!! Couple more decals too!! Threw the shock mounts in, buttoned everything up and took it for a test. First impressions (keep in mind I'm driving on snow and frozen mud....21 turn HH motor seems to be a good choice on 2s it was good...3s was very quick, I don't feel like it could handle a lot more speed without some serious tuning and the locked diff would be a problem...guess that's what the yeti is for. I'll need to play with the programing on the esc a bit, haven't touched that yet, drag brake is a little strong lol. 1080 is great super quiet, no seeing a slow crawl. I think I'll set it up with a bit more droop, to help with the COG, seems a bit high now even without the spare tire, because of that I'll probably leave the spare off. Ill probably be setting it up for 80/20 crawling/speed. I'm sure the performance will change when it gets warmer, it's 35F out right now. Over all I'm very pleased, I can't wait to get it on some dirt and rock!! I live on a huge side hill and have a ton of old stone walls in the woods which make for some fun crawling.

Next on the list...lights maybe, winch for sure, 2 speed??. May need to get some slightly wider wheelhexes or offset front hubs, front tires rub the links a little....not a lot so not a huge deal, but I can hear it so its a constant reminder lol. Other than that replace parts if they break, I'm sure a servo will be on the short list. I usually cant leave things alone so asbibget some time on it ill be looking for little tweeks and mods to improve performanace. Feel free to chime in with tuning suggestions!!
Cheers

Old 03-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Ordered a spacer set from gear head for the wheels, 3.2mm which should give my tires the space they need so they don't rub the lower links. I backed of the preload adjusters on the shocks to allow for a little droop, hopefully that helps with the bouncing. Tonight I'll try messing withe the esc settings, drag brake is set too high and causes flipping when you let off the throttle while turning (I'm starting to see why people hate working on this car...lots of screws to remove everytime you want to get into the rig). I also need to trim out the front frame to make room for the stearing servo, right now the servo is limiting travel.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

looking good man, love those ssds

I bought a set aswell, not realising about the proline or generic inner bead, after hours of trying to mount 1 i went and bought some hyrax to mount up
rs10man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs10man View Post
looking good man, love those ssds

I bought a set aswell, not realising about the proline or generic inner bead, after hours of trying to mount 1 i went and bought some hyrax to mount up
...dont you love those Ahhhaaa moments...usually proceeded by a lot of swearing and drinking lol

Old 03-31-2018, 03:10 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
Ordered a spacer set from gear head for the wheels, 3.2mm which should give my tires the space they need so they don't rub the lower links. I backed of the preload adjusters on the shocks to allow for a little droop, hopefully that helps with the bouncing. Tonight I'll try messing withe the esc settings, drag brake is set too high and causes flipping when you let off the throttle while turning (I'm starting to see why people hate working on this car...lots of screws to remove everytime you want to get into the rig). I also need to trim out the front frame to make room for the stearing servo, right now the servo is limiting travel.

Undo the lower screws at the front of the cage near the battery tray and then the front ones at the top of the cage. You can then open it out and work inside nice and easy.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Maine Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maine T.T.C. XcrawlerkidX Maine 5 03-26-2014 05:38 AM
Maine trickedoutTLT06 Maine 6 04-09-2010 12:27 PM
Anyone in maine? trickedoutTLT06 Maine 34 03-05-2010 08:05 PM
Maine? trickedoutTLT06 Chit Chat 5 08-03-2006 09:09 PM