Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Torque twist problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Torque twist problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by some87 View Post
Thats a neat idea...I take it the sway bar cant be retained. Wondering of this is a good location for the secondary shock...
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

It’s less than 5mm taller over stock. With it this way I didn’t see the need for the sway bar at all at least for rock crawling. I don’t know how it would do if you used the truck for anything other than crawling since the chassis gives a little under stress with the shocks mounted here. With the truck being mostly stock running stock tires and even dog bones it did really good today at my comp.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Received a "Team DC" ATTS transmission last night. It seems pretty well thought out although the top shaft bearings are not tight enough in their bores. I've ordered some Loctite 641 to fix the issue. The case is just a little fatter than the standard SCX10 transmission but, not as big as a Wraith. Should be interesting to see if it holds up and eliminates the torque twist. Front output & rear output turn opposite directions which also requires one of the axle ring gears to be flipped. I'm in the middle of a Bomber scratch build so it might be a while before I'm able to report on the performance.
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #24

any update on this tranny , been considering one myself but can't find much feed back .
gloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:39 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Only thing I can think of is moving the rear shocks onto the axle and mounting the top of the shock where the gas is mounted. I have seen one thing somewhere where someone did that.
I did this to my rig. Basically it makes the rear shocks twice as stiff. Also more weight in the front tires helps.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's almost the same as my idea
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2301295
Old 07-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #27
RCC Addict

I'm guessing this is a solution to a SLOW crawling issue, right? ^^^^^^^ pic. You would accomplish the same thing by stepping up your spring rate and oil weight slightly to increase the dampening (thus making the dampening rate the same as you like it with the shocks mounted at the axle) and leave the shocks in the stock position so you don't lose articulation and suspension travel.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:34 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
I'm guessing this is a solution to a SLOW crawling issue, right? ^^^^^^^ pic. You would accomplish the same thing by stepping up your spring rate and oil weight slightly to increase the dampening (thus making the dampening rate the same as you like it with the shocks mounted at the axle) and leave the shocks in the stock position so you don't lose articulation and suspension travel.
Yes, but that cost like 7 dollars, this is free :P
Old 07-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Underdriven gears front and rear + axial sway bar + xtra speed axle housing = pretty much no torque twist. My bomber way barely able to lift one front tire on high grip concrete from a stop with full throttle. Running Holmes Hobbies 21t 550 can on 3s.
NitroDarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Just saw this topic come back up and thought I'd give an update on the Team DC transmission. The engineering was perfect, the construction tolerances & steel used in the gears was horrible. If Vanquish made this type transmission, everyone would have one.
When I received the trans, I noticed there was allot of play in the output shafts so I took it apart. All the bearings were loose in there bores and the shafts were loose in the bearings. I bought some Locktite 641 which is a bearing retaining type of glue & used some shim stock to fix the bores that the bearings sit in. It worked for a while until the gears started to wear down. Since it's not like there are any replacement parts, it's trash.

This was run on 3S with a Holmes TrailMaster pro Brushless.
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I'm not having any torque-twist issues on mine, but I think the 6" tall Losi Maxxis Creepy Crawlers paired with the kit sway bar are to thank for this...

Standard kit gearing, Revolver 1800kv, 3S (currently - hoping to get back on 4S in the near future).
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Torque twist problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is Torque Twist A Problem jdnoss General Crawlers 14 06-02-2016 03:10 PM
ECX Temper Torque Twist Mod - Reduce torque twist driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 05-14-2016 04:39 PM
another torque twist problem Axialfan19 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 22 07-07-2010 08:00 PM
Solved my Torque Twist Problem tbizzle Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 03-22-2010 07:35 PM
suspension problem and it isnt torque twist... firstumustcrawl Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 12-16-2007 02:08 PM