Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Servo Saver!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Servo Saver!

I was finally able to drive my Bomber for more than five minutes today, and without completely destroying a servo. Holmes is hard on this rig, and I've replaced the case on this twice as well as the gears. I was able to drive it for a two full packs without anything breaking!

Thanks to Freestyle RC for making a servo saver that I feel is worth the 40 bucks.

kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Servo Saver!

Curious as to how this and the similar Proline servo saver affects steering precision...?

I can understand their use on a monster truck, but am concerned about their feasibility on a rock crawler/racer.

(and I gotta say, the body clip running through the middle sure ruins the scale look)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

After running it for the last few hours, the steering is slightly "softer" that it was. Nothing that detracts from it at all in my opinion. I don't mind it not looking scale, I was more worried about the servo than anything.

I was going to put a Promodeler in this, but my Tekno MT410 has already smoked a bearing on a Promodeler so I'm not as confident in their ability any longer.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:52 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmnss View Post
After running it for the last few hours, the steering is slightly "softer" that it was. Nothing that detracts from it at all in my opinion. I don't mind it not looking scale, I was more worried about the servo than anything.

I was going to put a Promodeler in this, but my Tekno MT410 has already smoked a bearing on a Promodeler so I'm not as confident in their ability any longer.

Did ya contact John at ProModeler? From posts here my understanding is that their customer support is outstanding...

I have one of theirs for an upcoming Bomber-based rig, but my tires will typically be smaller diameter than yours - swapping between kit Baja KR2s, 1.9" RC4WD Ground Hawgs, and a thrashed set of Vaterra 1.9" TSLs.

My other Bomber will be mostly running the bigger tire, 5.75" tall Losi Maxxis Creepy Crawlers - but the servo will be either a HH SHV500 or a JX 12v servo that supposedly does 46kg of torque... (wasn't very expensive, we'll see on that one!)

(BTW - good to hear about the servo-saver... saving the link for possible future use!)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ive just ordered a proline from rcmart. Fed up with stripping cheap chinesium servo horns...so Ive got uprated ones of those coming as well...dont want to kill my 2290 !
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #6

I'm curious to see how long mine will last with an aluminum horn on my Savox servo. So far so good and I've been beating on it pretty hard.
jstein87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I did a similar thing but it suffers for technical crawling, I removed the label tag from front of my savox case half and roughed up with sand paper, apply a thin coat of epoxy. It will keep the case half from splitting and snapping center pin. I have done a couple rebuilds for friends with great results. Hope this helpsName:  P_20180404_215018_LL.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  122.6 KB
RockinTheSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Did ya contact John at ProModeler? From posts here my understanding is that their customer support is outstanding...
I did contact them, and I'm waiting to order a new set of gears. I honestly think it's a fluke from what I've read about other places. I didn't pay any attention to it when it was new, but after running it a while in the MT410 it began to have a good amount of play at the spline. When I got a hold of John he mentioned that it's likely a worn out bearing. I'll just run it until it dies at this point.

Servo Saver! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo saver powerstroketd Newbie General 9 10-28-2012 11:09 PM
servo exploded today....and servo saver? SinCity Axial SCX-10 10 01-18-2011 08:20 AM
servo saver ped453 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 05-18-2009 01:47 PM
Servo Saver for large scale servo.. Lunchboxer Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 1 05-11-2006 10:17 AM