RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Yeti or Bomber? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/597288-yeti-bomber.html)

zjguy721 04-03-2018 08:45 AM

Yeti or Bomber?

I have been around here for a while, and built a few rigs, including comp rigs, SCX10s, a few Wraiths, short course, etc.

I'm looking for what would essentially be a higher speed "basher". I realize I'm not dropping a 4S system in it and making it go 70 mph. Just around the yard, take on vacation, etc. Basically not crawl-specific that I can turn the kids loose with without breaking all the time. I have two brand new in the box Yeti kits sitting here, but I'm thinking the solid front axle of a Bomber may be a better option (I'm thinking durability and lack of fixing, not exactly performance). Am I wrong in thinking the Bomber would be a better option? And I know the axles inside and out, would probably truss them anyway. Thanks!

Jboucher 04-03-2018 08:51 AM

Re: Yeti or Bomber?

I doubt the bomber can be better at speed than a yeti.
The bomber is made to be a versatile rig for rock racing. It can crawl / trail and handle moderate speed on limited stretches of flat land but it will never be a 40+mph rig.

If you don't want to use the crawling side at all, build the yeti with vanquish upgrades and make it à speed demon.

Or better yet, buy an Arrma RTR rig and bash like a pro

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jeepgod 04-03-2018 12:41 PM

Yeti if you want to go 30MPH + Bomber if you want speed and still be able to crawl. I have had both and like the bomber why more then the yeti. I also have found the bomber to more durable.

DavidH 04-03-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjguy721 (Post 5817575)
I have been around here for a while, and built a few rigs, including comp rigs, SCX10s, a few Wraiths, short course, etc.

I'm looking for what would essentially be a higher speed "basher".

I would recommend that you look at an arrma or traxxas slash if that is your primary criteria. Or use the SCTs that you already have with the kids.

The yeti and the bomber are both very versatile but between scale appearance and plastic construction you will need to spend a fair amount to get either to bashable. The yeti, with its ifs and lower CoG will probably, with some stiffer foams in the tires, spend less time on its roof with the young ones at the wheel.

I've had very little breakage with my yeti, but then I don't drive it like it is virtually indestructible.

JatoTheRipper 04-03-2018 01:58 PM

I wouldn't recommend the Yeti ever. Don't own one, but I've seen some in the wild and I'm not impress.

The Bomber is an awesome rig, but it's not a high speed basher.

What's your budget?

zjguy721 04-03-2018 10:03 PM

I guess the more I think about it, I'll stick with the Yetis. I have a Wraith with a DMG rear stubby cage that probably performs about the same as a Bomber would anyway. The Yeti would be a little different. Thanks!