Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: ScoJac builds a Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ScoJac builds a Bomber

Actually got a couple things done today... Went to my LHS and picked up a tiny toggle switch, some 12 gauge wire and other assorted things. Made an extension power lead for the Mamba X. Cut off the tiny switch form the ESC and mounted the toggle switch. Mounted it in the center console so it looks like a gear shifter, also soldered in a Micro Deans connector so I can remove the interior when upgrading, tuning or just doing some maintenance. Have not had a chance to run it in the yard yet, just ran it in the house... this PP2700kv is quicker than I thought it would be.

I picked up a BAT-SAFE

WHY ?

Well, while Hanging out at my LHS talking with the owner and some employees a lipo that was charging on the counter got angry and let all the smoke out ! ! !

LUCKILY, there were no flames but that battery was blowing smoke out as fast as the fire extinguisher they were using on it. It was hissing like a demonic rabid cat !

They got it in a trash can and ran it out side. Needless to say we all evacuated the store, the fumes were insane and burned the eyes and lungs.

30 minutes later submerged in a 5 gallon bucket of water it was still pissed off and smoking and blowing bubbles !

We all have seen the lipo vids on YouTube, it's not worth risking a house fire to me. From now on I will never ever charge another lipo on the kitchen counter again, It'll be in a lipo bag and then in the Bat-Safe in the garage with the door open from here on out.

Granted, it's rare and most of us will never have a single incident, I've been around long enough to see Murphy lay down the law.

After an hour or so the smoke and chemical fumes left the store, we went back in. I pointed to the Bat-Safe and said "I'll take one of those".

Anyways, this morning I mounted the charger to the Bat-Safe and made up some 8" lead extensions, I also picked up the optional 12" balance leads as well.

Anyways, here are a few snaps for you.

IMG_1706

IMG_1707

My J-Tray from Jasper Hobbies came this week also. It's good quality too, made out of polystyrene. Finally a place to set out and organize screws during builds with out using a half dozen tiny bins and cups. Check out the site above.

IMG_1708

Treated myself to a 5 drawer tool cart dedicated to R/C tools and supplies.

IMG_1709

EDIT ;
Mounted the charger to the Bat-Safe and made up some 8" lead extensions, I picked up the optional 12" balance leads as well.

IMG_1710

IMG_1711

IMG_1712

Last edited by ScoJac; 08-19-2018 at 09:41 AM.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

ScoJac builds a Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ScoJac gets his F-100 ScoJac Vaterra Ascender 31 09-29-2018 04:09 AM
XSRCdesign builds a Bomber kit XSRCdesign Axial RR10 Bomber 80 02-26-2018 06:09 PM
Cultus builds a Bomber! Cultus Axial RR10 Bomber 74 07-09-2017 12:58 PM
dp builds a BOMBER distinctive pd Axial RR10 Bomber 21 03-23-2017 06:24 PM
Jayden builds a bomber JaydenYu Axial RR10 Bomber 9 09-08-2016 10:10 AM