Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #1

Thumbs up RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM

Thoughts? Thinking about building another rig, and the only issue i see with the GOM is the parts availability
SandvoldSlammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #2

Default Re: RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM

Checkout the Losi Rock Rey. The kit is on sale right now for $250!

I have a Bomber that I love, but if I was choosing right now I'd go with the Losi Rock Rey. I like GMade and the GOM wouldn't be on my radar because it appears to be overly complicated and a pain to work on.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #3

Yeah that's a nice kit, but i want something that leans toward rock crawler apposed to a bouncer/racer
SandvoldSlammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The GOM is a great looking rig, and is reportedly a very good slow crawler - but the cage is also prone to breakage, and while there are plastic parts on the Bomber that are definitely candidates for upgrading, at least it's cage is nice and sturdy.

The Rock Rey is IFS up front rather than solid axle, and is a heck of a go-faster rock racer that crawls as well. As Jato pointed out, the price (right now) is near unbeatable!

I'd pick GOM for crawling and slow speeds, Bomber for the middle choice "all-rounder", and Rock Rey for ripping around and some crawling.

If I had to pick one, I personally would pick the Bomber, but that's because I am wanting solid axles front and rear - and am prepared to beef up parts and make it uniquely mine.

It's a full $100 more for the Axial kit right now compared to that Losi - so if I hadn't bought my Bomber first (I bought an Ascender RTR that I have also upgraded) I could definitely see going with a Rock Rey as a first choice if you already have something else with solid axles.

(Of course, my Bomber is still unbuilt........ make of that what you will!)

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
The GOM is a great looking rig, and is reportedly a very good slow crawler - but the cage is also prone to breakage, and while there are plastic parts on the Bomber that are definitely candidates for upgrading, at least it's cage is nice and sturdy.

The Rock Rey is IFS up front rather than solid axle, and is a heck of a go-faster rock racer that crawls as well. As Jato pointed out, the price (right now) is near unbeatable!

I'd pick GOM for crawling and slow speeds, Bomber for the middle choice "all-rounder", and Rock Rey for ripping around and some crawling.

If I had to pick one, I personally would pick the Bomber, but that's because I am wanting solid axles front and rear - and am prepared to beef up parts and make it uniquely mine.

It's a full $100 more for the Axial kit right now compared to that Losi - so if I hadn't bought my Bomber first (I bought an Ascender RTR that I have also upgraded) I could definitely see going with a Rock Rey as a first choice if you already have something else with solid axles.

(Of course, my Bomber is still unbuilt........ make of that what you will!)

I agree with this. Of course, if you really want to do it right.... I'd say get them all.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I agree with this. Of course, if you really want to do it right.... I'd say get them all.
Maniac......
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:43 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Wow that price on the Rock Rey is unbelievable. Possibly the best deal in R/C right now.

To the OP, this is the answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:20 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The GOM is superb at crawling, noticeably better than the bomber. It is however quite delicate. The motor being over the front and it having a wider wheelbase seems to make the most difference from what I can see. Me and my son both have GOMs with mamba X brushless combos and they are good fun. But my bomber is a lot stronger. Both my GOM and Bomber are pretty much stock apart from both running Hyraxes....the GOM will go alot further than the bomber when crawling.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote

RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HumboldtEF's Gmade Gom Build HumboldtEF G-Made Crawlers 59 09-13-2018 05:20 PM
Bishop's RC Gmade GOM ULTRA4-truck Pisepise G-Made Crawlers 18 06-13-2018 11:33 PM
IN STOCK NOW!! NEW Gmade Korea GOM RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-08-2018 04:32 PM
Gmade Gom crawling on the backyard course HumboldtEF Videos! 2 11-03-2017 09:39 AM