Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Dual motor bomber engine mount??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dual motor bomber engine mount??

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MIS-TAKEN" View Post
I'm looking at what is winning, not your theories on what may.... or should work. Trust me when I say those involved in said races have been at it for years n years. I think their formula works, I see why it works, and yes I'm gung ho on it you wont change my mind the proof is in the trophies.
Looking at what wins at your local event only probably doesn't give you an idea of a good setup. The local scene in most places brings out a lot of hacks with awful trucks and being the best out of a bunch of crappy drivers doesn't mean much.

Check out some of the top finishers in big events like East Coast Scale Challenge or KNK's TTC, you won't find many dual brushed setups in there.

dna4engr has a good build thread in the 2.2 section for his truck which won back to back TTCs at Crawlapalooza.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I'm sorry is the topic of this thread what motors should I run in my bomber for...

Or does it specifically ask about a dual motor bomber mount. If you are not replying to that answer you're just another opinion

"I like results not excuses" famous saying...

In other words if you're not responding to my question I dont care to hear your answers.

Check out rc mega truck series pretty sure not hack jobs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"MIS-TAKEN" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

And only the bogg class in the rc mega truck series is brushed.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hopeless you children are... try reading.. observing, processing, then talking.

Not likely going to happen until you do the same. Every TTC group or major comp is brushless except your local group. Yea I know, your local group is the hardcorest of the hardcore and we don't understand right?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quad motors, you have 4wheels ?
That’s what the real pullers use.
On 2s each.seperate Power for each motor to minimize voltage drop using 4 brushes motors.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #26

Quote:

God I miss bbs boards
I can see why. You don't seem ready to embrace technology newer than 30 years old.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I tried out the dual brushed cheapie traxxas motors before I found this place, it was one top heavy bastard...I was beat at the truck pull by the winner who ran a single brushed motor made by team brood (Eddie). My weight being too high, up it was easy to flip over and it pulled wheelies when I was doing the truck pulls...due to not enough weight low down. I went single and never went back, you should concentrate on making your TTC truck bullet proof instead of figuring to break stuff. A broken truck usually loses.

I still run brushed and brushless, and my water proofed brushless has no problems in mud and muck. I think just because the dual motor rig won is not a good indicator of the way to build. If a water proofed bushless had won, would you be going for that instead?

My point is why copy a winning combination from someone else? I personally love testing out combinations I think are winners and many times I find great losers! I always end up with my own formula for a winning rig..with some aspects of a previous winning rig but not a clone of one.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I run duel brushed motor as a novelty but im realy enjoying the set up ive done a few like this but i specificly wanted duel brushed motors brushless is way better and alot more versitile has just as good low speed and a helovalot better top end and the battery life can5 be beat the 2 27t brushed motors seem to have more torque than my novak hd8 but the hd8 will crawl and hit 60 mph and still snap axle shafts brushless is way better but waterproof brushless escs are pricy brushed waterproof escs are cheap its cheaper to put together a good.brushed system than a good brushless set up and not every rig needs a momba some rigs just scream brushed motor i dont know why thats just how it is
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
I run duel brushed motor as a novelty but im realy enjoying the set up ive done a few like this but i specificly wanted duel brushed motors brushless is way better and alot more versitile has just as good low speed and a helovalot better top end and the battery life can5 be beat the 2 27t brushed motors seem to have more torque than my novak hd8 but the hd8 will crawl and hit 60 mph and still snap axle shafts brushless is way better but waterproof brushless escs are pricy brushed waterproof escs are cheap its cheaper to put together a good.brushed system than a good brushless set up and not every rig needs a momba some rigs just scream brushed motor i dont know why thats just how it is

thats why I have a mix of both brushed and brushless...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dual motor bomber engine mount?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual front motor mount wblteen Axial SCX-10 4 12-24-2016 01:12 PM
Bomber/Yeti motor mount ? rngrchad Axial RR10 Bomber 16 04-12-2016 01:44 PM
Bomber motor mount jwall046 Axial RR10 Bomber 9 02-04-2016 08:01 PM
Dual motor mount....Anyone tried it yet? 93-12smoke Axial SCX-10 9 08-19-2011 07:02 PM