Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Mamba monster X and Holmes hobbie puller pro reverse faster than forward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Default Mamba monster X and Holmes hobbie puller pro reverse faster than forward

Hi, I just installed a mamba monster X and HH puller pro when going forward it is slower than reverse. Is this a programming/calibration issue? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeh0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mamba monster X and Holmes hobbie puller pro reverse faster than forward

Try calibrating your throttle, and set EPA, and then if that doesn't work advance the motor timing on the ESC by maybe 5 or 10. I had similar problems with a Mamba X and a chinesium motor.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #3

Default Re: Mamba monster X and Holmes hobbie puller pro reverse faster than forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroFlego View Post
Try calibrating your throttle, and set EPA, and then if that doesn't work advance the motor timing on the ESC by maybe 5 or 10. I had similar problems with a Mamba X and a chinesium motor.

Sorry I’m not too familiar with the EPA, what is that? Also I am waiting for my castle link to come in, am I able to adjust motor timing without that? Thanks!

Old 12-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh0314 View Post
Sorry I’m not too familiar with the EPA, what is that? Also I am waiting for my castle link to come in, am I able to adjust motor timing without that? Thanks!

EPA is where you set the end points of the throttle or steering, there should be something in the manual for your radio about setting it. Unfortunately you can't change any settings on the ESC without the link or a field programming card.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The TRX-4 needs a reversed motor. The standard motor has zero advance so it works either way. I assume that you reversed the radio channel to get it working the in the correct direction for forward and backward. The problem is that the ESC still thinks that reverse is forward and vice versa. With the Castle Link you can set the motor as reverse and that should fix the problem. Unfortunately being a sensored motor you can't just switch 2 of the leads.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Was that a "Whoops...."?

This is the Bomber sub-forum, not the TRX-4 sub-forum...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
The TRX-4 needs a reversed motor. The standard motor has zero advance so it works either way. I assume that you reversed the radio channel to get it working the in the correct direction for forward and backward. The problem is that the ESC still thinks that reverse is forward and vice versa. With the Castle Link you can set the motor as reverse and that should fix the problem. Unfortunately being a sensored motor you can't just switch 2 of the leads.
Not a trx4, but I think you're on to something

Old 12-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Was that a "Whoops...."?

This is the Bomber sub-forum, not the TRX-4 sub-forum...

I think that definitely qualifies as a "whoops".
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroFlego View Post

I noticed that when I pull the trigger on my transmitter to go forward the red led lights up and reverse the green light ups. So does that mean it thinks it’s spinning it backwards? Anyone know how to fix it?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #10

I should mention the wheels are going in the right direction though

Old 12-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

In the basic tab (in the castle link software) there is a option for motor direction, it can be set to normal or reverse. You likely just need too change that.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
In the basic tab (in the castle link software) there is a option for motor direction, it can be set to normal or reverse. You likely just need too change that.

Ya that’s probably the issue.... I’m waiting on my castle link to come in. No way to do it with the transmitter right?

Old 12-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

You could always "flip your diffs"
NitroBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh0314 View Post
Ya that’s probably the issue.... I’m waiting on my castle link to come in. No way to do it with the transmitter right?

Actually you can manually program it, check out the manual (starting on page 29) http://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net/...95-0290-00.pdf
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Mamba monster X and Holmes hobbie puller pro reverse faster than forward - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
faster in reverse than forward dirtymike Electronics 9 11-09-2012 07:38 PM
reverse is faster than forward wassaakk Newbie General 6 07-01-2010 07:22 PM