Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber Crawler Refurb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bomber Crawler Refurb

Got some lackluster news today...

The cage builder I commissioned for my custom cage is in a bad spot and may need to abandon my project. So I'm not sure what to do. I'll wait until I get everything back that I've sent him, assess the status (it's been at least 6 months since I've seen it), and go from there.

I'm considering Capra axles to try and stay with the Bomber cage. That still leaves me with compromised suspension geometry (and a set of AR44's with no plan for their use). The Wraith 1.9 cage would presumably work, but I don't really like its aesthetic. There's also the SSD portal kit which may get me the track width and vertical clearance the (relatively) wide Bomber cage needs.

Then, I may just pull it all apart and re-purpose everything that I've accumulated already.
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Bringing this back since I'm wrapping up my Baja Rey rebuild as well as the Tamiya XV-01 rally car I've built.

Changing course a little bit, I'm left with the stock cage. I've ordered a set of Capra axles to mock them up and see if I can get enough tire clearance with the short wheelbase. Is there a benefit to running overdrive/underdrive in the portal boxes compared to R/P? I've got an OD front R/P to install in the Capra axles, just wondering if it's better to put new portal gears in.

I've also painted and am trimming up the Wraith interior floor to get it to fit. It appears that I'll have to go with a low profile dig servo on the Wraith transmission to get the interior to fit well.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:12 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Capra axles look like the answer. Clearances look good and pinion angles are pretty much perfect. Pictures will come later this week.

I also installed the low profile dig servo and put in the winch plate. I had to modify the mounting of the plate to clear the steering servo due to the short wheelbase. The Reef's 422 winch I bought won't work, so I need to change plans there.

New wheels ordered since my CNC's won't clear portals.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:05 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Bomber Crawler Refurb - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old school clod refurb looneybin Mega/Monster Trucks 1 09-23-2016 05:42 AM
A Bomber for my first Crawler USP45 Axial RR10 Bomber 9 01-01-2016 12:25 PM