Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: no torque on crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #21

Default Re: no torque on crawling

well right now I am running a 13.5 t losi brushless with a 2s lipo.. I am sort of happy with the speed of this thing but I want it faster.. I am going to try a 3s cell and I am going to try and adjust the timing on the motor to a slight advance and monitor the heat..

Buckled down the slipper clutch and left a slight slip in it for the oh crap moments... The upgradeitis has already begun
kingofthecrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthecrate View Post
well right now I am running a 13.5 t losi brushless with a 2s lipo.. I am sort of happy with the speed of this thing but I want it faster.. I am going to try a 3s cell and I am going to try and adjust the timing on the motor to a slight advance and monitor the heat..

Buckled down the slipper clutch and left a slight slip in it for the oh crap moments... The upgradeitis has already begun
The upgrade disease is real.
I bought the bomber kit and there isn't much of it left but the skid, cage and axles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #23

Quote:

I really do think you should consider upgrading your motor at some point. A good 4-pole sensored motor (Team Brood, Castle, Holmes or Tekin) or even a 6-pole (Tenshock) or 12-pole (Holmes Revolver) sensorless motor and the right ESC would do wonders for you.

Which ESC are you running with that 13.5T motor?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I really do think you should consider upgrading your motor at some point. A good 4-pole sensored motor (Team Brood, Castle, Holmes or Tekin) or even a 6-pole (Tenshock) or 12-pole (Holmes Revolver) sensorless motor and the right ESC would do wonders for you.

Which ESC are you running with that 13.5T motor?
Well I had an LRP spin ESC in it but the low amp bec was causing the savox high voltage I have in it to twitch out so I switched up to a hobbywing quicrun 120 amp brushless and all is well for now.. Its not waterproof though so I am guessing ill have to look at other combo's to get some more out of this.. I am looking for more speed.. not 50mph speed but maybe more than 35 mph? but still be able to do some small technical crawling if thats possible without adding a trans?

Also, I don't think the 13.5 losi will handle a 3s lipo according to the specs saying 7.8 is the voltage high on it
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #25
RCC Addict

35mph and crawling there is only 1 choice:

Mamba X for the AUX drag brake toggle with a good brushless motor. Puller pro 3500kv, castle 3800kv, tekin, etc.

Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #26
RCC Addict

For component access, you can loosen the top front screws on the cage, remove the rear ones, and the whole top will pivot up and out of the way. Easy-peasy.
I don't run a cover on my motor gears, or an interior, just for access.

Worst case, there are three screws (four?) on each side, plus the radio box from the bottom, and the shocks - top or bottom, and the entire cage comes off in one piece. But I agree, it's a bone of contention for everybody.

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
35mph and crawling there is only 1 choice:

Mamba X for the AUX drag brake toggle with a good brushless motor. Puller pro 3500kv, castle 3800kv, tekin, etc.

Should I stick with 13.5t? I was looking at the holmeshobby trail master pro 540
Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
For component access, you can loosen the top front screws on the cage, remove the rear ones, and the whole top will pivot up and out of the way. Easy-peasy.
I don't run a cover on my motor gears, or an interior, just for access.

Worst case, there are three screws (four?) on each side, plus the radio box from the bottom, and the shocks - top or bottom, and the entire cage comes off in one piece. But I agree, it's a bone of contention for everybody.

Your flag whip just gave me an idea.. I run bluetooth whips on my polaris rzr.. I don't see why we couldn't do something similar with our bombers..
Old 01-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Should I stick with 13.5t? I was looking at the holmeshobby trail master pro 540
He rates his motors in kv not turns. 3500kv would probably get you to where you want (it's a little fast for me), but John can help you if you contact Holmes Hobbies directly or PM here on the site.

Quote:
Your flag whip just gave me an idea.. I run bluetooth whips on my polaris rzr.. I don't see why we couldn't do something similar with our bombers..
What's a Bluetooth whip?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #30
RCC Addict

I'm assuming BT controlled led light whip. Maybe something like these: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ed+whip+lights
I'm more focused on the crawling aspect.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
I'm assuming BT controlled led light whip. Maybe something like these: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ed+whip+lights
I'm more focused on the crawling aspect.

THIS!!!

I run them on my RZR, I just figure some guys like the scale look and it would be something different..

no torque on crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mad Torque Colpar Crawling QueadlunnRau Videos! 0 04-28-2018 11:03 PM
ECX Temper Torque Twist Mod - Reduce torque twist driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 05-14-2016 04:39 PM
new to mad torque and rc crawling mspiller21 Superclass Crawlers 49 06-14-2014 10:40 AM
JR DS8711 ULTRA TORQUE SX SERVO 403oz/in TORQUE 51504rock Electronics 1 06-12-2007 06:07 PM